News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread  ( 53,301 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2010, 09:37:53 AM
I don't want Z traded. I love him so much and I know that leads me to overstate his abilities, which are pretty fucking good but not HOF like I frequently tell myself. I just can't get behind the idea of trading him. I also am in great fear over what the Cubs would get back. That goes back to my overstating how good he is but if they don't get a HOF second baseman out of it, I call it a fail

I know you're not being serious, but if the Yankees would somehow take Z's entire contract, the Cubs should be happy taking back nothing in return.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 15, 2010, 09:44:17 AM
I don't want Z traded. I love him so much and I know that leads me to overstate his abilities, which are pretty fucking good but not HOF like I frequently tell myself. I just can't get behind the idea of trading him. I also am in great fear over what the Cubs would get back. That goes back to my overstating how good he is but if they don't get a HOF second baseman out of it, I call it a fail

I know you're not being serious, but if the Yankees would somehow take Z's entire contract, the Cubs should be happy taking back nothing in return.

Then we take that money and invest it all in a good bullpen arm. Or a second baseman. Profit.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »

How do you know that? The man's unstable, Eli. If the Cubs trade Z his thin grasp on sanity will disappear and he'll spend the rest of his days in a padded-room crafting Zambrano-Milton Bradley fanfics.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2010, 10:02:01 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 15, 2010, 09:41:17 AM

You should probably read through what you write before you actually post it, Yeti.  This is pretty fucking ghey.

Reading is for losers and europeans.

How many years left on it? I suppose when I think about it going forward, zambrano probably won't factor in to the 2014 WS run so doing this will help make that happen. I should just sever ties with Zambrano now and hate him like the rest of the Cub fans. Probably make my life easier

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2010, 10:02:01 AM

You should probably read through what you write before you actually post it, Yeti.  This is pretty fucking ghey.

How many years left on it? I suppose when I think about it going forward, zambrano probably won't factor in to the 2014 WS run so doing this will help make that happen. I should just sever ties with Zambrano now and hate him like the rest of the Cub fans. Probably make my life easier

Wait, wait.   What?  The 2014 World Series  run?  Why is this the first that I am hearing about it?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 15, 2010, 10:06:20 AM

Wait, wait.   What?  The 2014 World Series  run?  Why is this the first that I am hearing about it?

We didn't want you to get overexcited.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
First Wood, now Prior and Zambrano? Are the Yankees just trying to bottle that 2003 magic?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »

How many years left on it?

Two years, $36 million.  It vests for 2013 at $19 million if he finishes top-2 in the 2011 Cy Young voting or top-4 in the 2012 Cy Young voting.

So, two years, $36 million.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2010, 10:19:45 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 15, 2010, 09:30:30 AM
Cliff Lee to Phils.
Zambrano to Yankees?
Profit????

If the Cubs can drain the Yanks' farm system, they should go for it. Maybe they should also give Cashman the opportunity to RIGHT THAT WRONG and bring back Soriano.

If the Yankees re-sign Kerry Wood, 16% of the Cubs 2002 active roster (plus Larry Rothschild) could be in uniform at Yankee Stadium Opening Day. Should the Cubs have just held out eight years with this bunch?

Am I high or did that Daily News article sport a headline stating that Cashman will likely target Carlos Zambrano with no mention of Z in the body whatsoever?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2010, 10:21:18 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 15, 2010, 10:19:45 AM
Cliff Lee to Phils.
Zambrano to Yankees?
Profit????

If the Cubs can drain the Yanks' farm system, they should go for it. Maybe they should also give Cashman the opportunity to RIGHT THAT WRONG and bring back Soriano.

If the Yankees re-sign Kerry Wood, 16% of the Cubs 2002 active roster (plus Larry Rothschild) could be in uniform at Yankee Stadium Opening Day. Should the Cubs have just held out eight years with this bunch?

Am I high or did that Daily News article sport a headline stating that Cashman will likely target Carlos Zambrano with no mention of Z in the body whatsoever?

Second page.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 15, 2010, 10:14:23 AM
First Wood, now Prior and Zambrano? Are the Yankees just trying to bottle that 2003 magic?

I believe it's the 2002 magic they're bottling. Corey Patterson, Mark Bellhorn, Bill Mueller, Todd Hundley and Jeff Fassero can all be had for a reasonable price. It'll be tricky getting the Gladiator and Fred McGriff signed, however. I wish Brian Cashman and Hank Steinbrenner the best of luck in this endeavor.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 15, 2010, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 15, 2010, 10:19:45 AM
Cliff Lee to Phils.
Zambrano to Yankees?
Profit????

Second page.

*cough cough* Thanks.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2010, 10:31:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 15, 2010, 09:52:11 AM

How do you know that? The man's unstable, Eli. If the Cubs trade Z his thin grasp on sanity will disappear and he'll spend the rest of his days in a padded-room crafting Zambrano-Milton Bradley fanfics.

I love Carlos, I do. But like Eli said, if the Cubs can rid themselves of him and get the Yankees' retarded bat boy in return - game on.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 15, 2010, 10:31:27 AM

I love Carlos, I do. But like Eli said, if the Cubs can rid themselves of him and get the Yankees' retarded bat boy in return - game on

So what is Hendry going to spend the $36 million on?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 15, 2010, 10:35:55 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 15, 2010, 10:31:27 AM

I love Carlos, I do. But like Eli said, if the Cubs can rid themselves of him and get the Yankees' retarded bat boy in return - game on

So what is Hendry going to spend the $36 million on?

Some awesome pastry tables at HoHoKam Park.