News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread  ( 53,302 )

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 10:23:33 PM »
Quote from: TJ on September 14, 2008, 10:17:23 PM
Quote from: TRSlyder on September 14, 2008, 10:15:34 PM
Dude, that's killer material. You should take that stuff on the road. Seriously.

He has. To Cleveland, Iowa City, Chicago, and back. He's a GRIT-ty blogger, that ChuckD.

I hope to incorporate monkeys in to my act soon. It'll be groundbreaking.

HCASB

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 10:29:31 PM »
Simply put: fuck everyone who's not happy about this.  Astro fans, Brewer fans, whoever.  Fuck 'em all.  If I had the time and the financial wherewithal I'd mail each and every one of them a high-res picture of my balls.

Big Z kicks ass.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
BIG FUCKING Z

Neifilicious

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 10:39:16 PM »
Fuck.  I was watching foosball the whole time and didn't even know it happened.  Fuckity fuck fuck.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 10:43:31 PM »
You always figured that every time that Z went out there, he could throw the no hitter.  Well, every time except the time he hasn't pitched in 12 days after getting a cortisone shot, when he has to pitch against Houston.  In Milwaukee.

I love this game.  I love this team.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »
That is one hell of a birthday present. Thank you Z! Now I can say a saw a no-hitter and a Cubs World Series Championship in the same season.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 11:00:36 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280914118

QuoteZambrano began the ninth by getting Humberto Quintero to ground out on one pitch -- it was his 100th of the game. After pinch-hitter Jose Castillo also grounded out, Erstad chased a full-count pitch low-and-away for Zambrano's first shutout since 2004.

With his jersey untucked, Zambrano paraded triumphantly through a series of interviews in front of the Cubs dugout, then waved to the still-cheering crowd as he walked down the steps.
01/20/2013

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 11:16:15 PM »
Quote"It was a long travel day and Hurricane Ike," Astros manager Cecil Cooper said. "That's what I put it on. That and having two days off. I'm not saying he wasn't good."

Cecil, you classy bastard!

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 11:36:28 PM »
Or maybe the Asstrolls fucking suck, and their recent stretch of playing out of their minds is in no way indicative of how good they really are. (Which they arent. At all)

Cecil and Drayton, suck one.

HCASB

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »
The only way this could be better is for one of the Brewers to call home to say goodnight to his wife, only to have Henry Blanco answer the phone.

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »
I know this has been done with Lou and Andy has the line on the home page but wanted to take a shot at it:

I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 02:19:12 AM »
Could someone post the link to the Zambrano "Fantastico" video again? Thanks.

RETIRED

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2008, 02:31:22 AM »
I didn't get to see or hear the game due to work, but I have seen the highlights and Zambrano was truly nasty tonight. Len had a nice call as well, haven't heard Pat and Ron's yet but I will get to it shortly...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Cade

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 03:24:55 AM »
I just watched the highlights, Z was dealing.  I don't give a shit what Cecil or the Houston fans think.  73 out of 110 pitches were strikes.  He hit 98 in the 1st and stayed mid 90's with his fastball throughout the game.  His slider was on.  Regardless of where this game was played, that kind of stuff gives Z a good chance of throwing a no hitter.

Had Mr. Moneybags (and Selig) not been such a douche, the game could have been played elsewhere.  Z still would have been covered in steak sauce and win.

Also, Sweet Uncle Lou is a smart man:
Quote"We were talking before the ballgame about 90 pitches," Piniella said of the limit for Zambrano, "but I told [bench coach Alan Trammell], 'If he's got to come out of the game, you go get him. I'm not.'"

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 05:15:49 AM »
I love it how everybody that was crying and bitching last week about how they're not going to make the playoffs and how they hate this team and they're choking and all that bullshit now thinks they're the gretest team in history and blah blah blah.  Fuck the Astros and fuck you ledge jumpers.  Go back out there where you belong.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!