News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip  ( 90,699 )

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »
Never thought much of Jane (though I like her on the show), and have adored Dratch's work for years ... but Dratch wasn't working on this show. It was a shoe-horn.

It was also a good idea. The, "cool, look what she's playing now"-bit could have worked, but not in a 22-minute format. And with so much formidable talent (this might be the best show on TV, and yet, how many amazing episodes have ended with us thinking, "I could have used more Baldwin/Morgan"?), it's hard to shove another one in there.

That's what she said. Twice.

Yah mo B there!

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2008, 09:23:01 PM »
"Boy, that is one mouthy sandwich girl."

Tim Conway was funny and Dennis Duffy always makes me laugh. 

Dummies.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »
JD, they came perilously close to stealing your Boz-Bo Mount Rushmore warm manly embrace line, when Conway said there's nothing ghey about two men privately celebrating each other's strength.

Goddamn right.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2008, 02:19:38 PM »
"We're like Ross and Rachel but just not gay."

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2008, 07:47:14 AM »
"Tell it to me in Star Wars"

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »
"If I'm such a bad father, then how come we're all dancing?"

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2008, 09:10:39 PM »
Bump.

I'm very glad to participate in this discussion again now that this show is back on at 8:30.  Yes, I do not have DVR.  I'm quaint that way.  Or something.  But I work until 7 and am lucky to catch "The Office"  I'm just glad the shark-jumping "Scrubs" has been bumped. 

I can see this show pulling ahead of "The Office" as an all-around comedy.  Maybe I just miss the show, but I thought tonight's was steak balls.

The fact that it also featured the Great Brian Dennehy as a Teamster was gravy.  Does CT read this thread?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2008, 08:14:58 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 01, 2008, 09:10:39 PM
Bump.

I'm very glad to participate in this discussion again now that this show is back on at 8:30.  Yes, I do not have DVR.  I'm quaint that way.  Or something.  But I work until 7 and am lucky to catch "The Office"  I'm just glad the shark-jumping "Scrubs" has been bumped. 

I can see this show pulling ahead of "The Office" as an all-around comedy.  Maybe I just miss the show, but I thought tonight's was steak balls.

The fact that it also featured the Great Brian Dennehy as a Teamster was gravy.  Does CT read this thread?

I do read this thread, and this is a damn funny show.  Dennehy was good.  No Charles Durning, but still good.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2008, 08:18:30 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 01, 2008, 09:10:39 PM
Bump.

Scrubs is so awful.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: May 02, 2008, 08:24:49 AM »
Solid episode last night.

I hope that Donaghy moving on to work for George Bush, doesn't mean that Alec Baldwin is leaving the show.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: May 02, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 02, 2008, 08:24:49 AM

I hope that Donaghy moving on to work for George Bush, doesn't mean that Alec Baldwin is leaving the show.

There would have been news on that wouldn't there? Without him, there is no show.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on May 02, 2008, 08:25:55 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 02, 2008, 08:24:49 AM

There would have been news on that wouldn't there? Without him, there is no show.

After watching I looked for some news and didn't see anything.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2008, 09:15:57 AM »
JD, do you have any insight on hill people milk? I'd appreciate a recipe if you've got one.

Tina Fey has gotten much better at the whole acting thing, I'm not as annoyed anymore that she's taking away screen time from Morgan and Baldwin. The long take of her stuffing her face with the teamster sub was good stuff.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: May 02, 2008, 10:21:10 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 02, 2008, 09:15:57 AM
The long take of her stuffing her face with the teamster sub was good stuff.

Please tell me that's an expression

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2008, 08:46:41 PM »

I must say, Tina Fey didn't clean up all that bad. If I nailed her, I might not have to pour bleach on my tool anymore.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.