News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip  ( 90,649 )

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2006, 07:33:30 PM »
Quote from: CPT on November 29, 2006, 07:19:56 PM
Quote from: KurtEvans on November 29, 2006, 05:09:56 PM
By the way, I really dig Studio 60.  I don't care if the show within the show is funny.  It doesn't have to be.  The actually show IS funny, the stories are good, the acting is good, and that's enough for me.

Sorkin may never again write something as amazing as the West Wing, but Studio 60 is a fine show.  'nuff said.

Oh, I love it too.  I can't decide which I like better, the condescension towards anyone who is stupid enough to not live in New York or California, or Sorkin's creepy obsession with making everything on the show about his ex, Kristin Chenoweth.

And Tina Fey doesn't even look like Kristin Chenowith.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2006, 11:22:57 PM »
By the way, I really dig Studio 60.  I don't care if the show within the show is funny.  It doesn't have to be.  The actually show IS funny, the stories are good, the acting is good, and that's enough for me.

Sorkin may never again write something as amazing as the West Wing, but Studio 60 is a fine show.  'nuff said.

Oh, I love it too.  I can't decide which I like better, the condescension towards anyone who is stupid enough to not live in New York or California, or Sorkin's creepy obsession with making everything on the show about his ex, Kristin Chenoweth.

blah blah blah
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2006, 11:25:54 PM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on November 29, 2006, 11:22:57 PM

blah blah blah

If you weren't walking while you said that, it doesn't count in this thread.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

forkserker

« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:32 AM »

Oh, I love it too.  I can't decide which I like better, the condescension towards anyone who is stupid enough to not live in New York or California,

When did Sorkin start writing for ESPN?

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2006, 07:06:28 AM »
Quote from: forkserker on November 30, 2006, 03:59:32 AM

Oh, I love it too.  I can't decide which I like better, the condescension towards anyone who is stupid enough to not live in New York or California,

When did Sorkin start writing for ESPN?

1998, I believe.

"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2006, 08:49:22 AM »
Holy shit it's Benson!

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2006, 08:59:25 PM »
Someone squeeze my mind grapes, please.

And more Page Boy! 
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2006, 06:25:52 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on December 07, 2006, 08:59:25 PM
Someone squeeze my mind grapes, please.

And more Page Boy! 

Finally caught this. I need to get my prescription filled by Dr. Spaceman.

"Why are you wearing a tux?"

"It's after 6 pm. What do I look like, a farmer?"

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2006, 11:03:58 AM »
I thought last Monday's Studio 60 was the first truly good one they've made.  Then again, Sorkin always nailed the Christmas ones on the West Wing, too.  Probably the most encouraging thing about the ep was that showed one of the "show's" skits and it was actually funny.

They had the fat guy (Moose from the rental car commercials) dressed up as Santa.  He falls down the chimney and into a living room and you hear this ominous "news" music and a guy playing Dateline's Chris Hanson comes into the room.  Asking Santa what a grown man is doing sneaking into a house to give a "present" to a 10 year old girl after midnight.  Santa says the girl "sent me a letter" and then they go back to the real show.  Pretty good.

But the whole show was pretty good.  I could do without the whole Matthew Perry-Sarah Paulson thing because I don't care, but Amanda Peet is hot, preggers or no, and I don't blame Josh Lyman for trying to nail her.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2006, 01:12:20 PM »
What the hell are you talking about?  I think you took a wrong turn somewhere. 

The Slak

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on December 11, 2006, 01:12:20 PM
What the hell are you talking about?  I think you took a wrong turn somewhere. 

Just think of Dr. Leo Spaceman. Gets me every time.

forkserker

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 11, 2006, 11:03:58 AM
I thought last Monday's Studio 60 was the first truly good one they've made.  Then again, Sorkin always nailed the Christmas ones on the West Wing, too.  Probably the most encouraging thing about the ep was that showed one of the "show's" skits and it was actually funny.

They had the fat guy (Moose from the rental car commercials) dressed up as Santa.  He falls down the chimney and into a living room and you hear this ominous "news" music and a guy playing Dateline's Chris Hanson comes into the room.  Asking Santa what a grown man is doing sneaking into a house to give a "present" to a 10 year old girl after midnight.  Santa says the girl "sent me a letter" and then they go back to the real show.  Pretty good.

But the whole show was pretty good.  I could do without the whole Matthew Perry-Sarah Paulson thing because I don't care, but Amanda Peet is hot, preggers or no, and I don't blame Josh Lyman for trying to nail her.

The whole world is Chandler's lesbian wedding.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »
That Dennis dude was the tits, yo.

forkserker

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2006, 11:26:54 PM »

The musicians from NOLA were steak balls.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2006, 09:04:53 AM »
I want to hold a mirror up to society, and then win world record for biggest mirror.