News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Marquis de suc defenestration thread  ( 56,123 )

RW

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 05:38:56 PM »
Quote from: RoyHobbs on June 10, 2007, 11:03:46 AM
Hey, the Tards may have lost, but I told you Marquis sucks donkey balls. You guys laughed it off and said Dave Duncan blah blah blah. Enjoy 2 and half more years of that douchetard.

You guys should really just focus on enjoying Todd Wellemeyer. IN YOUR STARTING ROTATION.

RoyHobbs

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 07:28:06 AM »
My apologies for that original post. I was still wasted from the night before and was just plain stupid. You guys pretty much said he sucked. I have no idea what went through my brain. Other than booze. Ugh. Apparently, I don't handle drinking whiskey until 4am like I used to.

And Marquis may have an ERA a full point lower than any starter on the Cards and we may have Wellemeyer in the starting rotation but somehow we aren't imploding. Man, if we don't have the shittiest starting rotation in any level of baseball, I'd be surprised. So I got no argument.   

Anyway, you guys said Marqius sucks and he does. My bad. But I still reserve the right to remind you how bad he sucks on occasion.   
Pick me out a winner Bobby.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
Quote from: RoyHobbs on June 11, 2007, 07:28:06 AM

somehow we aren't imploding.

You can't play the Reds, Pirates and Royals forever you toothless fuck. Soon, your Deadbirds and their 1-5 record vs. the NLE will take on the Phillies and Mets and we'll check back in with you and see how that whole not imploding thing is going.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »
My apologies for that original post. I was still wasted from the night before and was just plain stupid. You guys pretty much said he sucked. I have no idea what went through my brain. Other than booze. Ugh. Apparently, I don't handle drinking whiskey until 4am like I used to.

And Marquis may have an ERA a full point lower than any starter on the Cards and we may have Wellemeyer in the starting rotation but somehow we aren't imploding. Man, if we don't have the shittiest starting rotation in any level of baseball, I'd be surprised. So I got no argument.   

Anyway, you guys said Marqius sucks and he does. My bad. But I still reserve the right to remind you how bad he sucks on occasion.    

I think Marquis can handle that all on his own.

RoyHobbs

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 11, 2007, 09:03:08 AM

You can't play the Reds, Pirates and Royals forever you toothless f@#$. Soon, your Deadbirds and their 1-5 record vs. the NLE will take on the Phillies and Mets and we'll check back in with you and see how that whole not imploding thing is going.

Ok you guys haven't faced the Royals yet, but you are a whopping 4-5 against the Reds and Pirates.

And the Cubs record against the NL East is a spectacular 10-13.

At least you aren't a Yankees fan. Jesus H Christ, they are dreaming of pitchers making 2 consecutive starts. 
Pick me out a winner Bobby.

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 12:58:14 PM »
Quote from: RoyHobbs on June 11, 2007, 12:16:12 PM

You can't play the Reds, Pirates and Royals forever you toothless f@#$. Soon, your Deadbirds and their 1-5 record vs. the NLE will take on the Phillies and Mets and we'll check back in with you and see how that whole not imploding thing is going.

Ok you guys haven't faced the Royals yet, but you are a whopping 4-5 against the Reds and Pirates.

At least you aren't a Yankees fan. Jesus H Christ, they are dreaming of pitchers making 2 consecutive starts. flights.  

Lidled.

therick711

• Keeping Randall Simon's memory alive, one post at a time.
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork_The_Third on June 11, 2007, 12:58:14 PM
Quote from: RoyHobbs on June 11, 2007, 12:16:12 PM

At least you aren't a Yankees fan. Jesus H Christ, they are dreaming of pitchers making 2 consecutive starts. flights.  

Lidled.

Fantastic work there.
There's a drive . . . way back . . . gone if it's fair!  Caught at the wall!

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »
It's reassuring to know that Marquis doesn't really start to suck until after the All Star Break. The batting practice he's been throwing to the Pirates tonight is a preview of what to expect from him in the second half of the season.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 02:55:58 PM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 03:07:10 PM »
We should defenester people/things more often around here.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 04:03:31 PM »
I have to say that I really like Jeff Garlin.  Why?  Because he is as die-hard as I am.  On the other hand, his father is an old-fart!
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on July 06, 2007, 07:38:19 PM
It's reassuring to know that Marquis doesn't really start to suck until after the All Star Break. The batting practice he's been throwing to the Pirates tonight is a preview of what to expect from him in the second half of the season.

Enough of the coming attractions, welcome to our feature presentation:

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
4.0 8 6 6 3 2 1 4.03

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
It's a good thing Wendy Rodríguez was a run suckier than the Marquis.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »
So true. But if yesterday's game means that opponents can't call up every piece of shit AAAA lefty on the 40-man to shut down the Cubs' lineup for 6+ than color me a shade gheyer for this group of men than I was at at 2:20 ET yesterday.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on July 16, 2007, 09:22:51 AM
So true. But if yesterday's game means that opponents can't call up every piece of shit AAAA lefty on the 40-man to shut down the Cubs' lineup for 6+ than color me a shade gheyer for this group of men than I was at at 2:20 ET yesterday.

Even though Wendy did shut out the Mets his last time out, your point is noted. And gheyed.