News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Marquis de suc defenestration thread  ( 56,225 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2008, 10:49:12 AM »

All we need now is for Runge to completely fuck up a ball/strike count every time Marquis pitches...if he does it with the leadoff hitter, we'll see a no-hitter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Hawkeye's clutchness

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2008, 07:25:38 PM »
Only a 3 run first. Not bad.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »
At least he's not waiting til the last day of the season to pitch himself out of the postseason rotation roster.

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2008, 07:38:41 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on September 17, 2008, 07:31:39 PM
At least he's not waiting til the last day of the season to pitch himself out of the postseason rotation.

There was ever a chance that he was going to make the post season rotation?  Or, for that matter, the post season roster at all?
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
Either Sheets is hurt or Mark DiFelice forgot to throw his bullpen session before the game.

joesoxfan

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2008, 02:01:36 AM »
This piece of shit. I'm sure he or others would defend him by saying he 'only' gave up 3, and that the team didn't hit, but there's a reason he never wins a lot of games, and it's that it's deflating to his teammates to see this retard out there on the mound. Cubs win 5 in a row, Brewers lose 5 in a row, Sheets has all the pressure in the world on him (and would eventually cave in, in his way), Cubs need only to win the last two games to clinch, so naturally Marquis goes out and gives up 3 runs before getting an out. Then he 'settles down'. What a faggot this guy is. Playoffs can't come soon enough, get this asshole off the field.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2008, 06:12:01 AM »
Quote from: joesoxfan on September 18, 2008, 02:01:36 AM
This piece of shit. I'm sure he or others would defend him by saying he 'only' gave up 3, and that the team didn't hit, but there's a reason he never wins a lot of games, and it's that it's deflating to his teammates to see this retard out there on the mound. Cubs win 5 in a row, Brewers lose 5 in a row, Sheets has all the pressure in the world on him (and would eventually cave in, in his way), Cubs need only to win the last two games to clinch, so naturally Marquis goes out and gives up 3 runs before getting an out. Then he 'settles down'. What a faggot this guy is. Playoffs can't come soon enough, get this asshole off the field.

You're just mad that they didn't win 162 in a row, aren't you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »

It's far from impossible to disagree with this.

Hawkeye's clutchness

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:19 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on September 18, 2008, 08:09:03 AM

It's far from impossible to disagree with this.

Actually, I'm not one of the "others". I posted immediately after the 1st inning. A feeble attempt at sarcasm, I guess.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »

It's not that he gave up 3 runs. He walked five. In his previous outing, he walked five.  Milwaukee is pretty much demoralized, and Marquis spent the night issuing walks to a team that can't get out of his own way.

On another note, how do the Cubs only manage four hits and one run in seven innings against the Brewers' bullpen?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: September 18, 2008, 09:00:11 AM »
Quote from: TJ on September 18, 2008, 08:55:18 AM

It's not that he gave up 3 runs. He walked five. In his previous outing, he walked five.  Milwaukee is pretty much demoralized, and Marquis spent the night issuing walks to a team that can't get out of his own way.

On another note, how do the Cubs only manage four hits and one run in seven innings against the Brewers' bullpen?

Weren't a bulk of the relievers call ups that they never saw before?

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2008, 09:02:29 AM »

I know.  Gutless fucking assholes, right?

1 game folks.  Do we need to analyze to death every loss? 

Move on.  Christ.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:13 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on September 18, 2008, 09:02:29 AM

Move on.  Christ.

Besides, if they clinch while I'm at work how the fuck am I supposed to flip a car?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on September 18, 2008, 09:03:13 AM

Move on.  Christ.

If something is important enough, you make time for it.

Besides, if they clinch while I'm at work how the fuck am I supposed to flip a car?

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2008, 09:07:06 AM »

Move on.  Christ.

No angst, it's just a game the Cubs should have won and they didn't.  It's hard to get worked up when they have an EIGHT GAME LEAD with 11 to play.