News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Marquis de suc defenestration thread  ( 56,198 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: Marquis de suc defenestration thread
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on September 19, 2008, 07:30:25 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 19, 2008, 05:37:21 AM
Quote from: Kerm on September 19, 2008, 01:27:31 AM
Quote from: powen01 on September 18, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on September 18, 2008, 10:34:18 PM
Fuck soccer.

Get in line.

Don't you understand?  Soccer players don't get hot girls, even if they have hot girls hanging all over them.  It's science.

Moreover, in high school, I'm absolutely positive that I could have beat the shit out of more than 75% of our football team.

Not our fault your high school had a shitty football team.

I don't really have anything against soccer players or soccer fans or soccer moms or soccer balls or any of that shit. It's just the sport itself. I have ADD. The game's too slow for me. Sorry. All that effort just to almost score. At least in ice soccer they get across the rink fast as hell and smash into each other, occasionally dropping the gloves for fisticuffs. International tournaments with the pride of one's country on the line? That's interesting to watch, I'll grant you. For about 15 minutes. Then I'm flipping over to some boobilige. Or a Frazier re-run. Fuck. ANYTHING.

That has been my problem with the game the last few years.  Too much play acting, not enough offense, too much boring, slow defense.  Guys were playing to not lose, and not to win.  There are some games that put me to sleep after 15 minutes.  Hell, World Cup finals have put me to sleep (Argentina versus Germany 1990 - Not even a coked out Maradona could keep me awake). 

I reserve most of my fanaticism for the US National Team.  I'll go catch a game sometimes, used to play a lot, but otherwise, I don't flip cars over it.

Some people say the same thing about baseball though; it's too slow and boring.  Once you understand the intricacies and the strategy behind baseball; you can appreciate it.  Same with soccer.  Then again, some teams in soccer are like Steve Trachsel.  Slow and booooooooooooooooooring. 

But hey:  Beeeeewwwwwbs. 

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on September 20, 2008, 08:43:32 AM
Fuck soccer.

Get in line.

Don't you understand?  Soccer players don't get hot girls, even if they have hot girls hanging all over them.  It's science.

Moreover, in high school, I'm absolutely positive that I could have beat the shit out of more than 75% of our football team.

I don't really have anything against soccer players or soccer fans or soccer moms or soccer balls or any of that shit. It's just the sport itself. I have ADD. The game's too slow for me. Sorry. All that effort just to almost score. At least in ice soccer they get across the rink fast as hell and smash into each other, occasionally dropping the gloves for fisticuffs. International tournaments with the pride of one's country on the line? That's interesting to watch, I'll grant you. For about 15 minutes. Then I'm flipping over to some boobilige. Or a Frazier re-run. Fuck. ANYTHING.

That has been my problem with the game the last few years.  Too much play acting, not enough offense, too much boring, slow defense.  Guys were playing to not lose, and not to win.  There are some games that put me to sleep after 15 minutes.  Hell, World Cup finals have put me to sleep (Argentina versus Germany 1990 - Not even a coked out Maradona could keep me awake). 

I reserve most of my fanaticism for the US National Team.  I'll go catch a game sometimes, used to play a lot, but otherwise, I don't flip cars over it.

Some people say the same thing about baseball though; it's too slow and boring.  Once you understand the intricacies and the strategy behind baseball; you can appreciate it.  Same with soccer.  Then again, some teams in soccer are like Steve Trachsel.  Slow and booooooooooooooooooring. 

This times a million.

Seam, also.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2008, 10:04:33 AM »

Nothing can't be made better with the addition of bewbs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »
Fuck soccer.

Get in line.

The Italians.

So yes, Bewbs.
Italian Bewbs.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »
Quote from: flannj on September 20, 2008, 02:10:25 PM
Fuck soccer.

Get in line.

The Italians.

GIS tells me Signora Alena Seredova's* hogans look far more fetching unclad.

*Originally Czech.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »
My brother called me and said this trade just went down: Marquis to the Rox for Luis Vizcaino. This opens the door for a big salary, no?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 30, 2008, 06:02:51 PM
My brother called me and said this trade just went down: Marquis to the Rox for Luis Vizcaino. This opens the door for a big salary, no?

Marquis, 30, has been a consisted winner

That is all.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »
Cubs are saving about $5 million in this deal. Hopefully Vizcaino can pull one of those randomly good reliever seasons out of his drunk ass.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2008/12/30/rox-agree-to-ship-vizcaino-to-cubs-for-marquis/

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »
The Cubs needed a way to get more homers.  Luis Vizcaino can help them with that.  From the mound.

But hey, he's no Jason Marquis.  So he's got that going for him.  Which is nice.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »
Quote from: RV on December 30, 2008, 06:50:20 PM
Cubs are saving about $5 million in this deal. Hopefully Vizcaino can pull one of those randomly good reliever seasons out of his drunk ass.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2008/12/30/rox-agree-to-ship-vizcaino-to-cubs-for-marquis/

I doubt he even makes the team.
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »

Does this bring Peavy back into play?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 30, 2008, 09:43:40 PM

Bruce Levine says DeRosa is all but gone for a couple prospects who would then be swung into a Peavy deal. Also, he said the 5 million will go toward Uncle Miltie.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on December 30, 2008, 09:49:37 PM

Bruce Levine says DeRosa is all but gone for a couple prospects who would then be swung into a Peavy deal. Also, he said the 5 million will go toward Uncle Miltie.

Levine?  Shit that guy is still reporting that the 2004 Cubs are about to sign Pudge Rodriguez.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
Quote from: CT II on December 30, 2008, 09:57:18 PM

Levine?  Shit that guy is still reporting that the 2004 Cubs are about to sign Pudge Rodriguez.

While I realize he's probably just thinking out loud, it's still worth posting. Especially because we can make Bruce Levine jokes.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on December 30, 2008, 09:58:45 PM
Quote from: CT II on December 30, 2008, 09:57:18 PM

While I realize he's probably just thinking out loud, it's still worth posting. Especially because we can make Bruce Levine jokes.

Like the fact that he was risking his life reporting on DeRosa possibly being dealt instead of giving his mother a foot rub?

FIRE EVERYBODY!