News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,928 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »
Quote from: RV on April 19, 2009, 11:32:23 AM
Yesterday's game managed to make me not hate Gregg and Miles. On the other hand, the Cotts and Gathwrong Wrath-O-Meters are at danger levels.

Gathwright pinch hitting was the suckfest I thought it was going to be when I saw him in the on deck circle.

Also, my Gregg hatred has abated.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »
Neal Cotts: not dead yet.

QuoteThe Cubs will call up Jeff Samardzija from Triple-A Iowa on Thursday to join the bullpen, general manager Jim Hendry said Wednesday.

Neal Cotts is in no danger of being optioned, and Hendry said Sean Marshall will remain in the rotation. This could mean Luis Vizcaino is in danger of being released.

Milton Bradley is back in right field tonight. We'll have more later after Lou Piniella talks to the media.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 22, 2009, 04:41:29 PM

QuoteThe Cubs will call up Jeff Samardzija from Triple-A Iowa on Thursday to join the bullpen, general manager Jim Hendry said Wednesday.

Neal Cotts is in no danger of being optioned, and Hendry said Sean Marshall will remain in the rotation. This could mean Luis Vizcaino is in danger of being released.

Milton Bradley is back in right field tonight. We'll have more later after Lou Piniella talks to the media.

If Luis Vizcaino is released and Domer Eyechart is recalled, I will be older than every single Chicago Cub.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »

I kind of feel bad for Vizcaino.  I mean, I know the guy sucks, and I was all prepared to hate him and all, but his performance so far this year didn't warrant it

Of course, that also probably means he was due to explode like most of the bums who have worn #51 (Terry Adams, Mel Rojas, Brian Williams etc...)
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »

Neal Cotts serves no fucking purpose. Whatever potential benefit his left-handedness brings is destroyed by the fact that he can't throw a fucking strike.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »
Quote from: EVILteddie on April 19, 2009, 05:34:23 AM
Kevin Gregg was definitly the balls yesterday. Maybe people will stop trying to toss him out after a week now >.>

~@~

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »
Now would be a good time for Cotts or Vizcaino to fall down the dugout steps.  You get paid on the DL, guys.  Embrace that fact.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 09:48:12 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 22, 2009, 09:33:17 PM
Quote from: EVILteddie on April 19, 2009, 05:34:23 AM
Kevin Gregg was definitly the balls yesterday. Maybe people will stop trying to toss him out after a week now >.>

~@~

Yeah...about that...

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »
Quote from: Andy on April 22, 2009, 09:38:40 PM
Now would be a good time for Cotts or Vizcaino to fall down the dugout steps.  You get paid on the DL, guys.  Embrace that fact.

Maybe Remlinger's recliner is still in the clubhouse.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 06:46:13 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 22, 2009, 11:08:32 PM
Quote from: Andy on April 22, 2009, 09:38:40 PM

Maybe Remlinger's recliner corpse is still in the clubhouse.

Kill the bastards'd.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 07:09:06 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 22, 2009, 04:50:31 PM

I kind of feel bad for Vizcaino.  I mean, I know the guy sucks, and I was all prepared to hate him and all, but his performance so far this year didn't warrant it

Of course, that also probably means he was due to explode like most of the bums who have worn #51 (Terry Adams, Mel Rojas, Brian Williams etc...)

Still angry that Yellon "wrote" the book you were planning, huh?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »
*bump*

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 03:25:24 PM »
Joey Votto just went yard off Cotts.  Why is he still on the roster?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 23, 2009, 03:25:24 PM

Because the Reds really like his upside.

Oh, wait...

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 23, 2009, 03:35:09 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 23, 2009, 03:25:24 PM

Because the Reds really like his upside.

Oh, wait...

No, you're correct.  I'm sure the Reds are exstatic about the upside of Cotts being on the Cubs.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.