News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,925 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 23, 2009, 07:28:05 PM
Wuertz's slider if filthy this year

I know he gets a lot of hate, but Wuertz was always pretty effective with the Cubs.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: July 23, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »
They have a guy like him. His name's Aaron Heilman.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: July 23, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
Quote from: Pre on July 23, 2009, 07:50:41 PM

I know he gets a lot of hate, but Wuertz was always pretty effective with the Cubs.

I don't understand why he got hate at all.  When he was used properly, he was terrific.
Hire Jim Essian!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: July 23, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 23, 2009, 10:41:56 PM

I don't understand why he got hate at all.  When he was used properly, he was terrific.

I think it's the whole "Handle With Care" tag that got on Lou and Hendry's nerves and got him shipped out. As a fan, it kind of bugs the piss out of me too. Oh, for the days of pure unadulterated use of PEDs. Times as simple as American League baseball.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: July 24, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »

I don't understand why he got hate at all.  When he was used properly, he was terrific.

You mean any time he actually came in with runners on?  I even wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning.  How did Lou not see that?

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2009, 07:49:30 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2009, 09:33:23 PM
They have a guy like him. His name's Aaron Heilman.

AN-HELL GOOZMAN!
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: July 24, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 23, 2009, 11:06:11 PM

I don't understand why he got hate at all.  When he was used properly, he was terrific.

I think it's the whole "Handle With Care" tag that got on Lou and Hendry's nerves and got him shipped out. As a fan, it kind of bugs the piss out of me too. Oh, for the days of pure unadulterated use of PEDs. Times as simple as American League baseball.

We all went over the "handle with care" thing a while back it turned out that it wasn't true.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: July 24, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »
Lou just didn't like Wuertz for some reason.  He complained about him and how 'all that guy does is throw sliders' in winter meetings. So Hendry got rid of him. He's probably still glad he's gone. Which makes no sense. The Sox manager is supposed to be the irrational one! I don't know what to believe anymore!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: July 24, 2009, 09:17:41 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 24, 2009, 12:03:48 AM
You mean any time he actually came in with runners on?  I even wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning.  How did Lou not see that?

I was curious, do you just regurgitate what other stupid people tell you, or do you look
up the stats and not understand them and make the wrong conclusions?

Wuertz had between an above average and an excellent IS% in his time with the Cubs.
He was good at stranding inherited runners.  He's putting up another excellent year
with the A's doing just that.

Living in a twisted world of your selective memory might help you pass the days feeling
like you're the world's most awesomest at everything, and I'm cool with that.  But
please stop projecting your crazy on our conversations.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: July 24, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »
Quote from: Pre on July 24, 2009, 09:17:41 AM

I was curious, do you just regurgitate what other stupid people tell you, or do you look

Wuertz had between an above average and an excellent IS% in his time with the Cubs.
He was good at stranding inherited runners.  He's putting up another excellent year

Living in a twisted world of your selective memory might help you pass the days feeling
like you're the world's most awesomest at everything, and I'm cool with that.  But

I actually was saying, in response to BK's post about "when he was used properly," that Wuertz was best with runners on.  He was incredible at getting out of jams.  All his trouble came when he had to start off an inning himself and would seem to create his own trouble to get out of.

But no, assuming I was saying the wrong thing is more fun.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: July 24, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 24, 2009, 09:51:28 AM
You mean any time he actually came in with runners on?  I even wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning.  How did Lou not see that?

He was good at stranding inherited runners.  He's putting up another excellent year

like you're the world's most awesomest at everything, and I'm cool with that.  But

I actually was saying, in response to BK's post about "when he was used properly," that Wuertz was best with runners on.  He was incredible at getting out of jams.  All his trouble came when he had to start off an inning himself and would seem to create his own trouble to get out of.

All he had to go on is what you wrote.

I read it the same as Pre.

"I even wanted him gone" is confusing, because it seems to build off of and extend the previous thought.

As in: "I wanted him gone when he shit his pants after coming in with runners on. I even wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning."

I took me several reads to realize that you probably meant: "I liked him when he stranded inherited runners. But even I wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning."

But, then, I too tend to labor under the assumption that you're generally a jackass.

So pay me no mind.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: July 24, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
Quote from: Tank on July 24, 2009, 10:06:27 AM
You mean any time he actually came in with runners on?  I even wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning.  How did Lou not see that?

He was good at stranding inherited runners.  He's putting up another excellent year

like you're the world's most awesomest at everything, and I'm cool with that.  But

I actually was saying, in response to BK's post about "when he was used properly," that Wuertz was best with runners on.  He was incredible at getting out of jams.  All his trouble came when he had to start off an inning himself and would seem to create his own trouble to get out of.

"I even wanted him gone" is confusing, because it seems to build off of and extend the previous thought.

As in: "I wanted him gone when he shit his pants after coming in with runners on. I even wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning."

I took me several reads to realize that you probably meant: "I liked him when he stranded inherited runners. But even I wanted him gone after he shit his pants anytime he started off an inning."

But, then, I too tend to labor under the assumption that you're generally a jackass.

So pay me no mind.

It was 1 AM.  At that time, my brain can only process analog sticks, A, B, X and Y.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: July 24, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 24, 2009, 10:07:58 AM

So pay me no mind.

It was 1 AM.  At that time, my brain can only process analog sticks, A, B, X and Y.

Which of those doesn't get you laid?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: July 24, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »
Quote from: Tank on July 24, 2009, 10:09:11 AM

So pay me no mind.

It's a sad world that we live in when I'm actually getting sex on a regular basis.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: July 24, 2009, 10:14:11 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 24, 2009, 10:12:14 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 24, 2009, 10:09:11 AM

So pay me no mind.

It's a sad world that we live in when I'm actually getting sex on a regular basis.

Beatin' it doesn't count.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16