News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread  ( 171,925 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Unresolved Bullpen Angst Thread
« Reply #705 on: August 18, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »
Quote from: MAD on August 18, 2009, 02:34:13 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 18, 2009, 02:32:03 PM

I used to bitch about Rothschild as much as anyone, possibly more.

But, the proof is in the pudding.

Either that, or there's a mystery coach somewhere the Cubs' pitchers are talking to, and Rothschild is just a front.

I can guarantee you didn't bitch about him as much as I did.

That said, he doesn't raise my ire like he used to.  For every two or three Aaron Heilemans who can't get his shit straight under Rothschild, there's a Randy Wells that provides some sort of validation.

To be fair, you bitch about everything at an equally shrill level.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #706 on: August 18, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on August 18, 2009, 10:18:20 AM
You don't get paid $10 million a year to walk.

This is stupid.  Of course Bradley doesn't get paid $10 million to walk.  He gets paid $10 million a year to show up at the ballpark when there are games, catch fly balls, not throw them into the stands when there's only one out, hit singles, hit doubles, hit triples, hit home runs, walk, throw the ball to certain places or people depending on the situation, occasionally get hit by a pitch, hit sacrifice flies, run the bases, not make outs, take batting practice, field ground balls when they come to him in the outfield, travel with the team and many, many other things that I haven't listed here.  He's better at some of these than others.

But of all of those things, the biggest single reason he's getting paid $10 million a year is because he can walk.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #707 on: August 18, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 18, 2009, 02:37:10 PM
Quote from: MAD on August 18, 2009, 02:34:13 PM
Quote from: Fork on August 18, 2009, 02:32:03 PM

I used to bitch about Rothschild as much as anyone, possibly more.

But, the proof is in the pudding.

Either that, or there's a mystery coach somewhere the Cubs' pitchers are talking to, and Rothschild is just a front.

I can guarantee you didn't bitch about him as much as I did.

That said, he doesn't raise my ire like he used to.  For every two or three Aaron Heilemans who can't get his shit straight under Rothschild, there's a Randy Wells that provides some sort of validation.

To be fair, you bitch about everything at an equally shrill level.

Perhaps, but I used to carry an especially distinct RAGEBONER for Fraudschild.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #708 on: August 18, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 18, 2009, 02:40:58 PM

This is stupid.  Of course Bradley doesn't get paid $10 million to walk.  He gets paid $10 million a year to show up at the ballpark when there are games, catch fly balls, not throw them into the stands when there's only one out, hit singles, hit doubles, hit triples, hit home runs, walk, throw the ball to certain places or people depending on the situation, occasionally get hit by a pitch, hit sacrifice flies, run the bases, not make outs, take batting practice, field ground balls when they come to him in the outfield, travel with the team and many, many other things that I haven't listed here.  He's better at some of these than others.

But of all of those things, the biggest single reason he's getting paid $10 million a year is because he can walk.

We get it, you're gay for stats.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #709 on: August 18, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 18, 2009, 02:42:05 PM

We get it, you ...

Actually, I don't.  Why are you here?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #710 on: August 18, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 18, 2009, 02:44:03 PM

We get it, you ...

I was told there would be cake at some point.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #711 on: August 18, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 18, 2009, 02:44:57 PM
Quote from: Eli on August 18, 2009, 02:44:03 PM

We get it, you ...

I was told there would be cake at some point.

Hire Jim Essian!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #712 on: August 18, 2009, 09:46:44 PM »
Maybe when The Genius leaves St. Louis, Hendry can hire Dave Duncan.  That will solve everything!!!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »
Christ on a...

This is the Signature Thread of the 2009 Cubs. I hate it more than life itself. I'm dying to unlock the Turdthrow Thread. Dying.

But there's no point. Fuckall.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #714 on: August 19, 2009, 08:54:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 18, 2009, 11:08:45 PM
Christ on a...

This is the Signature Thread of the 2009 Cubs. I hate it more than life itself. I'm dying to unlock the Turdthrow Thread. Dying.

Football and hockey and sixteen inch softball. Say it with me. We're gonna make it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #715 on: August 19, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
Quote from: Slak on August 19, 2009, 08:54:19 AM
Christ on a...

Football and hockey and sixteen inch softball. Say it with me. We're gonna make it.

You play? We could use a guy like you on our team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #716 on: August 20, 2009, 07:40:29 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 19, 2009, 09:10:53 AM
Christ on a...

What do you mean "our" team? This is me and Slaky and Lantz and Oleg and Weebs' team he's referring to. The one you said you'd rather pound penny nails into your junk than play for. We start our championship season in 11 days. That 18 week clusterfuck you were involved in? Training camp, old man. Thanks for helping with OTAs. We won't forget you. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #717 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 20, 2009, 07:40:29 AM
Christ on a...

What do you mean "our" team? This is me and Slaky and Lantz and Oleg and Weebs' team he's referring to. The one you said you'd rather pound penny nails into your junk than play for. We start our championship season in 11 days. That 18 week clusterfuck you were involved in? Training camp, old man. Thanks for helping with OTAs. We won't forget you. 

Slak was a dillitante in the summer league, so shall he be again.
TIME TO POST!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #718 on: August 20, 2009, 10:03:46 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 20, 2009, 09:46:35 AM
Christ on a...

Slak's playoff beard will drink the club soda of the nonbelievers.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #719 on: August 20, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 20, 2009, 10:03:46 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 20, 2009, 09:46:35 AM
Christ on a...

Slak's playoff beard will drink the club soda of the nonbelievers.

Slak's playoff beard is a ShamWOW!
TIME TO POST!