News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on January 25, 2009, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2009, 01:53:29 PM
http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=16100

This.

Quote from: Balloon Juice
The moral of this story is not the danger for Obama going forward with his Gitmo decommissioning, the moral is that when venal, shallow, small men are given unfettered power and authority, they do incompetent, stupid, and evil things.

I agree.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on January 25, 2009, 02:15:58 PM
I'd like to think I can tell some reverse psychology when I see it.

At least that's what you'd like us to think you think.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #544 on: February 07, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
Musicians like Bono, Beyonce, Aretha and the Grateful Dead played Obama's inauguration, selling out to the establishment and ceasing to be the rebellious punk rockers they once were. Who will replace them?

Premise: Anti-establishment punk rock rebels oppose the status quo
Premise: Obama is now the status quo and Republicans, voted into the minority, oppose him
Conclusion: Conservative Republicans are anti-establishment rebels and thus the new punk rockers

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dtennapel/2009/01/31/republican-is-the-new-punk/

QuoteNow that the art nerds and punks just became the football jocks and prom queens, a new rebel is emerging from the wilderness. They are the new anti-establishment. One minority force bands together against every other branch of government swallowed by the Democrat octopus. The last evidence of a check or balance against the popular people are now the Conservative Republicans.

The arts have failed. They no longer keep mass culture in check with thought-provoking art that challenges the establishment. Now they're in charge of spreading the mainstream mandate of the Liberal Vatican. There isn't an original thought among them, just a thousand-mile stare, a blue logo and the drone-like vocabulary of emotive, vaguely inspiring chants.

We're the new rebellion against the majority juggernaut that doesn't take kindly to dissent. Make a fist and show them what happens when they tell you what to think, feel and believe.

And who would know punk rock attitude better than the guy who did the cover art for Christian ska band Five Iron Frenzy?

QuoteThe left has become a cliché. They're not "Arrested Development" they're "Golden Girls" with a soul patch.

So much grist for the theater fag mill...
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #545 on: February 08, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
That's kind of fascinating really. Now that all the great liberal artists have the POTUS' wang hanging out of their mouths, who then is the voice of the anti-establishment counter-culture? I think it would have to be some kind of country western doucheknuckle... or possibly me.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #546 on: February 08, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 08, 2009, 08:58:35 PM
That's kind of fascinating really. Now that all the great liberal artists have the POTUS' wang hanging out of their mouths, who then is the voice of the anti-establishment counter-culture? I think it would have to be some kind of country western doucheknuckle... or possibly me.

You could do a rap-country thing and be the doucheknuckle voice of the anti-establishment. You or Kid Rock.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #547 on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:36 AM »
Quote from: butthead on February 08, 2009, 11:35:59 PM

You could do a rap-country thing and be the doucheknuckle voice of the anti-establishment. You or Kid Rock.

Ape X can make a country rap record with that Negroid-American black guy who was with Big & Rich.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #548 on: February 09, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2009, 08:28:34 PM
Musicians like Bono, Beyonce, Aretha and the Grateful Dead played Obama's inauguration, selling out to the establishment and ceasing to be the rebellious punk rockers they once were. Who will replace them?

Premise: Anti-establishment punk rock rebels oppose the status quo
Premise: Obama is now the status quo and Republicans, voted into the minority, oppose him
Conclusion: Conservative Republicans are anti-establishment rebels and thus the new punk rockers

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dtennapel/2009/01/31/republican-is-the-new-punk/

QuoteNow that the art nerds and punks just became the football jocks and prom queens, a new rebel is emerging from the wilderness. They are the new anti-establishment. One minority force bands together against every other branch of government swallowed by the Democrat octopus. The last evidence of a check or balance against the popular people are now the Conservative Republicans.

The arts have failed. They no longer keep mass culture in check with thought-provoking art that challenges the establishment. Now they're in charge of spreading the mainstream mandate of the Liberal Vatican. There isn't an original thought among them, just a thousand-mile stare, a blue logo and the drone-like vocabulary of emotive, vaguely inspiring chants.

We're the new rebellion against the majority juggernaut that doesn't take kindly to dissent. Make a fist and show them what happens when they tell you what to think, feel and believe.

And who would know punk rock attitude better than the guy who did the cover art for Christian ska band Five Iron Frenzy?

QuoteThe left has become a cliché. They're not "Arrested Development" they're "Golden Girls" with a soul patch.

So much grist for the theater fag mill...

Oh Tank, must you bait me so?

1. The Golden Girls are ten times more punk than any given Christian ska band.

2. Well, I knew once Crass reformed to play Obama's inauguration the movement was dead....

3. I guess now that Johnny Ramone is dead and Michael Graves is a joke, this guy is the new voice of Conservative Punx0rs everywhere!
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #549 on: February 09, 2009, 06:51:36 PM »
Quote from: butthead on February 08, 2009, 11:35:59 PM

Cowboy Troy, bitches.  He plays chicken with the train. Plus, he's a black card-carrying member of the Republican Party.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #550 on: February 09, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 09, 2009, 03:26:14 PM
3. I guess now that Johnny Ramone is dead and Michael Graves is a joke, this guy is the new voice of Conservative Punx0rs everywhere!

Ben Weasel resents the inference...

http://benweasel.mu.nu/

He hates your politics, he hates your problems and he hates the way you smell, 1-2-3...

BTW: Ben Weasel the... Brewers fan?

I could forgive him for rooting for the Yankees, but... wow.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #551 on: February 10, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2009, 08:08:30 PM

He hates your politics, he hates your problems and he hates the way you smell, 1-2-3...

Ben Weasel? I have no idea what he's doing. You know good and damn well that I cannot possibly listen to anything he's made after Boogadaboogadaboogada.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #552 on: February 10, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 10, 2009, 12:25:16 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 09, 2009, 08:08:30 PM

Ben Weasel? I have no idea what he's doing. You know good and damn well that I cannot possibly listen to anything he's made after Boogadaboogadaboogada.

Meh. Ear candy guitar pop.

I suppose, if I can't listen to their demos, their debut LP will suffice. [ sigh ] The rest of it is pretty overexposed.

Also...

http://benweasel.mu.nu/archives/248138.php

QuoteThere's been a whole world of great underground music being made in the years since the demise of the Clash (plenty of it far superior to the Clash in my opinion, but then again, I always thought the Clash sucked).

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #553 on: February 10, 2009, 02:52:32 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 10, 2009, 02:40:18 PM

I suppose, if I can't listen to their demos, their debut LP will suffice. [ sigh ] The rest of it is pretty overexposed.

Guess which of those albums I own.

If the leader of a 3rd rate Ramones ripoff band wants to lambaste the Clash, let him. My refutation will be to play him the Riverdales LP until he admits he's a hack.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #554 on: February 10, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 10, 2009, 02:52:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 10, 2009, 02:40:18 PM

Guess which of those albums I own.

I'd guess: The actual 45 hanging off of Morrissey's dong.

Did you ask him to sign it for you?