News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,291 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on February 11, 2009, 12:12:29 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 11, 2009, 11:56:56 AM
This could be fun:  http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/2009/feb/11/814/

Please let me know if the link doesn't work.  It did for me when I previewed this post.  If it doesn't work, it says that Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal will give the GOP's response to President Obama's speech to Congress on February 24.  Just thought it was a bit interesting.

And who says the GOP doesn't exploit minorities.

I think both sides do their fair share.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 11, 2009, 12:39:48 PM
This could be fun:  http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/2009/feb/11/814/

Please let me know if the link doesn't work.  It did for me when I previewed this post.  If it doesn't work, it says that Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal will give the GOP's response to President Obama's speech to Congress on February 24.  Just thought it was a bit interesting.

Yeah, but the GOP does it more of a "Whaddya mean? We've got one RIGHT HERE!!!" way.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on February 11, 2009, 01:20:39 PM

Yeah, but the GOP does it more of a "Whaddya mean? We've got one RIGHT HERE!!!" way.

Is it any worse that "Look, here's a Greyhound-load full for ya's!"?  It's ridiculous, either way.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 11, 2009, 01:34:10 PM

Is it any worse that "Look, here's a Greyhound-load full for ya's!"?  It's ridiculous, either way.

That was part of the Urban Youth Flood Relief Program, which I believe was Bipartisan.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Or, you know, electing a president.  But, hey, you got Michael Steele!

This is dumb.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on February 11, 2009, 03:04:22 PM

Or, you know, electing a president.  But, hey, you got Michael Steele!

This is dumb.

This.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
So...

Quote# Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.
# Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

How's this working out so far?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #577 on: February 13, 2009, 01:50:07 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 13, 2009, 01:38:07 PM
So...

Quote# Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.
# Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

How's this working out so far?

Earmarks? What earmarks?

As for the other, perhaps they'd call this an emergency bill. As questionable as that might be.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
I don't like posting links from blogs, and maybe this has been covered here already but isn't this one of the big GOP hopefuls for 2012?

Bobby Jindal?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: February 15, 2009, 11:08:48 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on February 15, 2009, 07:14:13 PM
I don't like posting links from blogs, and maybe this has been covered here already but isn't this one of the big GOP hopefuls for 2012?

Bobby Jindal?

Quite possibly the saddest fact in all of this (as pointed out in the comments over there)...

http://www.gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&cpID=1

QuoteJindal was born in Baton Rouge on June 10, 1971.  He graduated from Baton Rouge High School in 1988 and went on to attend Brown University where he graduated with honors in biology and public policy. Following his graduation from Brown he attended Oxford University in England as a Rhodes Scholar, having turned down admissions to medical and law schools at both Harvard and Yale.

I guess an Ivy League education isn't what it once was.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: February 16, 2009, 01:09:37 AM »

Bobby Jindal?

QuoteLast year, the Louisiana government overwhelmingly voted to allow creationist materials to be used in the classroom, a clear violation of the First Amendment

Pretty close.. but still WRONG.

While its a pretty dangerous road, teaching creationism doesn't force someone to practice a certain religion nor is Louisiana allowing teachers to teach it at their discretion in any way, shape, or form Congress establishing a national religion.

Even the poster boy for "separation of church and state" didn't practice his own beliefs: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52896
After you skip through the Christian bullshit, you come across this:
QuoteThe facts are that Jefferson used his political position to establish churches and distribute Bibles, DeBord found. "For example, in an 1803 federal Indian treaty, Jefferson willingly agreed to provide $300 to 'assist the said Kaskaskia tribe in the erection of a church' and to provide 'annually for seven years $100 towards the support of a Catholic priest.'"

Jefferson also set aside government lands so that Moravian missionaries might be helped in "promoting Christianity." And Jefferson once was chairman of the American Bible Society.

Oh yea. This too: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2.html
QuoteIt is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church.
And
QuoteThe Library of Congress is grateful to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory for recovering the lines obliterated from the Danbury Baptist letter by Thomas Jefferson. He originally wrote "a wall of eternal separation between church and state," later deleting the word "eternal." He also deleted the phrase "the duties of my station, which are merely temporal." Jefferson must have been unhappy with the uncompromising tone of both of these phrases, especially in view of the implications of his decision, two days later, to begin attending church services in the House of Representatives.

Why do I feel like I've been done this road before? Oh yea, because I have but people don't seem to want to notice the truth.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:15 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 01:09:37 AM

Bobby Jindal?

QuoteLast year, the Louisiana government overwhelmingly voted to allow creationist materials to be used in the classroom, a clear violation of the First Amendment

Pretty close.. but still WRONG.

While its a pretty dangerous road, teaching creationism doesn't force someone to practice a certain religion nor is Louisiana allowing teachers to teach it at their discretion in any way, shape, or form Congress establishing a national religion.

Even the poster boy for "separation of church and state" didn't practice his own beliefs: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52896
After you skip through the Christian bullshit, you come across this:
QuoteThe facts are that Jefferson used his political position to establish churches and distribute Bibles, DeBord found. "For example, in an 1803 federal Indian treaty, Jefferson willingly agreed to provide $300 to 'assist the said Kaskaskia tribe in the erection of a church' and to provide 'annually for seven years $100 towards the support of a Catholic priest.'"

Jefferson also set aside government lands so that Moravian missionaries might be helped in "promoting Christianity." And Jefferson once was chairman of the American Bible Society.

Oh yea. This too: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2.html
QuoteIt is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church.
And
QuoteThe Library of Congress is grateful to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory for recovering the lines obliterated from the Danbury Baptist letter by Thomas Jefferson. He originally wrote "a wall of eternal separation between church and state," later deleting the word "eternal." He also deleted the phrase "the duties of my station, which are merely temporal." Jefferson must have been unhappy with the uncompromising tone of both of these phrases, especially in view of the implications of his decision, two days later, to begin attending church services in the House of Representatives.

Why do I feel like I've been done this road before? Oh yea, because I have but people don't seem to want to notice the truth.

a) You're missing the forest for a few leaves on a couple of trees

b) People reading you might be more wont to notice your mind-blowing truth if you took it upon yourself to express your thoughts in coherent sentences and paragraphs (that is to say, in re: the previous post you link to)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Interesting how a commentary on Bobby Jindal and the state of Louisiana's stance on creationist teaching turns into a Thomas Jefferson Is a BIG FAT PHONY fingerpoint clusterfuck.

Is Thomas Jefferson planning to run for office soon?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm just sick of this whole "rights" thing.  Why is it that every time some group is given rights, it ends up that some other group ends losing their rights.

And, Yeti, why is your creatist theory better than my creationist theory?  What if I believe that God created the earth and heavens in 14 days, rather than 7 (or 6)?  Are we going to dvevote time in the classroom to teach that theory (my use of the term "theory" is very loose here).  What if I believe that it wasn't God who created earth, but Matt Murton on a giant unicorn?

When we start teaching theories that are based on faith, we open up a can of worms.  I don't want to infringe on your faith, but keep it the hell away from mine.  Know what I mean, hoss?