News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,292 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #660 on: February 16, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 16, 2009, 05:22:53 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on February 16, 2009, 05:15:12 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 16, 2009, 05:12:38 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 05:02:49 PM
Quote from: Slakee on February 16, 2009, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 16, 2009, 04:58:28 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 16, 2009, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 04:34:33 PM
If you get all fussy over saying/hearing two words, then please lighten up a little.
Fuck you.

Always an intelligent response.
If you get all fussy over saying/hearing two words, then please lighten up a little.

Was this redundant?

Oh dude, he totally fell into your trap. How often does that happen? You set it up and it worked to perfection.

Totally, dude. 10 on the richter scale, man
That's 8 words.  Or 7 words and one number.

Technically, isn't it two numbers?  Wrap your noodle around that.  Your brain, not your weiner.
Are you smarter than a third grader?  Seriously, this was just on Murton's Eldest's homework.  "10" is one number, but two digits.

As it's merely a representation of one number from one numeric system (decimal), you're both wrong. "10" can be an infinite number of numbers.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #661 on: February 16, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on February 16, 2009, 05:28:46 PM
How does "In God We Trust" and "God Bless America" endorse Christianity per se, and not a religion in general?
Either way, it doesn't speak to me, and my fucking tax dollars shouldn't be paying for it.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 04:34:33 PM
Quote from: butthead on February 16, 2009, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 03:02:05 PM
I tell you, if this country e'er mentions anything to do with religion again, I will be horribly offended. Hell, they should change the money, too. "In God We Trust." What if I don't trust in God?!?! Have they ever though about MY rights? About my feelings? Shit. Can a guy go anywhere in this country and not have Christianity shoved down his throat?

I know you're joking, but seriously...what if you don't trust in god?

I did some substitute teaching last year. When the kids did the pledge I joined them, but stayed silent on the "under god" part. Why should I have to pledge allegiance to a god I don't believe in to pledge allegiance to my country?

I'm going to put the Right wing facist hat back on. I know the origin of the "under God" in the Pledge: Communism fighting and all. I do agree that it really has no real purpose there. If they took it out, I wouldn't object, but at the same time I don't really see the problem with it. In your case, I think you did exactly what I would expect anyone who didn't agree to do: not say it. Plus, for the atheists/Muslims/etc. out there, it is just 2 words. If you get all fussy over saying/hearing two words, then please lighten up a little.

Now there is an issue with that. If you stay silent and the government expands the religious references it could create some real problems. As I think about this with the current political climate, it very well might be irresponsible to allow the politicians in place to be able to have a loosey goosey outlook on religious references within the government. I could foresee that being abused because I really only trust about 2 people in Washington right now.

To me, ideally if (this references a case in a local town I've mentioned in the SBox in the past) a group puts up a "The World Needs God" sign back in the 20's on the county courthouse, then it really doesn't pose an issue now. Now, it really didn't need to be put there in the first place, but what does it hurt? If you drive by the courthouse and don't like the sign, don't look at it. Sure, it'd be easy to take it down (It ultimately was after a lawsuit from the ACLU) but, seriously, is a sign really killing anyone? Is it making anyone be a Christian? Did Congress pass a law to put it there? And that was just an example of one situation, but I believe it gets the point across.

When I was in high school, in the locker room, our coach would gather us for a prayer. He had a student lead but the coach definitely instigated it. Now, if I were to object to it, I would just kneel with everyone else, and hope to myself that I played a good game as opposed to praying to God that he helped us. I, myself, prayed with just to pray. I mean, what could it hurt?

So you'd be OK with those two words being "under allah" or "under ra" or "under vishnu"? As a christian you'd be cool with ignoring that part, or having to decide what to tell your christian kids when they ask who ra is? Wouldn't it be easier for all of us to leave god out of it all together?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
How does "In God We Trust" and "God Bless America" endorse Christianity per se, and not a religion in general?

So long as the religion in question is monotheistic, it does not.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #664 on: February 16, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 16, 2009, 05:38:37 PM
Either way, it doesn't speak to me, and my fucking tax dollars shouldn't be paying for it.
To clarify, I think my tax dollars should go to fund The Perverted Arts.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: butthead on February 16, 2009, 05:39:13 PM
So you'd be OK with those two words being "under allah" or "under ra" or "under vishnu"? As a christian you'd be cool with ignoring that part, or having to decide what to tell your christian kids when they ask who ra is? Wouldn't it be easier for all of us to leave god out of it all together?

For the record, I'm definitely not a Christian. (Especially since this record is so important.)
I believe I did kind of say it would be easier to leave god out of it. I said "under god" isn't necessary and I wouldn't object to it being removed. I was saying that it being there is not infringing on someone's right to practice whatever religion they so choose. I choose to believe in a god, but not necessarily The God. It doesn't stop me from believing that. Obama loving Allah doesn't mean when he says "under god" he can't worship how he chooses. If he believes in his heart that Allah is king then he's fine. I would suspect all people of religion or "anti-religion" can handle that... But, as I've seen, they can't apparently

(Obama=Muslim reference was a joke. Lighten up before anyone goes APEshit.)

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 16, 2009, 05:56:49 PM

For the record, I'm definitely not a Christian. (Especially since this record is so important.)
I believe I did kind of say it would be easier to leave god out of it. I said "under god" isn't necessary and I wouldn't object to it being removed. I was saying that it being there is not infringing on someone's right to practice whatever religion they so choose. I choose to believe in a god, but not necessarily The God. It doesn't stop me from believing that. Obama loving Allah doesn't mean when he says "under god" he can't worship how he chooses. If he believes in his heart that Allah is king then he's fine. I would suspect all people of religion or "anti-religion" can handle that... But, as I've seen, they can't apparently

I can handle it, but I shouldn't have to.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Don't be fooled, guys. 

This whole thing is a twisted plot of Chuck's to get people to actually pay attention to their school board elections.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on February 16, 2009, 06:05:57 PM
Don't be fooled, guys. 

This whole thing is a twisted plot of Chuck's to get people to actually pay attention to their school board elections.

I know. But you know what's the kicker to all this? He's probably already lost my vote. And my wife's. Sorry Chuck. I sold the house to a gentleman named Yellon.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: butthead on February 16, 2009, 06:01:18 PM

It's disturbing that the most sensible person currently posting in this thread is named "butthead."

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: butthead on February 16, 2009, 06:01:18 PM

Intrepid Reader: Evolution

This post's superior genetics allow it to thrive amid the harsh realities of the feral jungle Thunderdome that is Desipio.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #671 on: February 16, 2009, 06:37:20 PM »
I choose to believe in a god, but not necessarily The God.

What sort?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2009, 06:50:07 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 16, 2009, 06:37:20 PM
I choose to believe in a god, but not necessarily The God.

What sort?

The most delicious kind there is...

"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #673 on: February 16, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 16, 2009, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on February 16, 2009, 06:37:20 PM
What sort?

The most delicious kind there is...

"Lady, you must be psychic!"
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club