News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,277 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: JD on March 20, 2009, 08:06:10 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 20, 2009, 05:43:33 PM
OMG Sarah Palin is totally outraged about President Obama's gaffe:
Quote"I was shocked to learn of the comment made by President Obama about Special Olympics," Governor Palin said.  "This was a degrading remark about our world's most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world.

"These athletes overcome more challenges, discrimination and adversity than most of us ever will.  By the way, these athletes can outperform many of us and we should be proud of them.  I hope President Obama's comments do not reflect how he truly feels about the special needs community."

Wait a minute:

QuoteGov. Sarah Palin is refusing to accept over 30 percent of the federal economic stimulus money being offered to Alaska, including dollars for schools, energy assistance and social services.

The biggest single chunk of money that Palin is turning down is about $170 million for education, including money that would go for programs to help economically disadvantaged and special needs students. Anchorage School Superintendent Carol Comeau said she is "shocked and very disappointed" that Palin would reject the schools money. She said it could be used for job preservation, teacher training, and helping kids who need it.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/729504.html

QuotePalin said she's sure that her decision on the education money will draw the most heat, and that she wouldn't be surprised if the Legislature tries to change it. "It is a matter of discussing with our lawmakers if the expansion there is something we're willing to pick up the tab for when the federal dollars dry up, when they no longer flow into Alaska," Palin said.

So she doesn't want to take money to fund programs that they might not be able to pay for later?  She's so two-faced.  Putting her whole state's interest ahead of a select group of people.

Update...

QuoteAlaska Gov. Sarah Palin will sign bills accepting most of the federal stimulus funds available to the state, her spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Palin initially said she would accept only about two-thirds of the $930 million available to Alaska.
Palin had warned about the state having to finance projects created by the stimulus funds after the federal money runs out. She earlier called the stimulus package "an unsustainable, debt-ridden package of funds."

Alaska's Legislature conducted more than 20 public hearings on the federal stimulus package, and legislative leaders said they couldn't find any of the strings attached to the funds that Palin had warned about.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Quote from: MikeC on April 29, 2009, 08:57:29 AM
bashing the troops, and their mission

Again with this shit. People are allowed to have an opinion about the mission. You can try and twist it all you want, but it ain't bashing the troops. That really chaps my hide.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: butthead on April 29, 2009, 12:51:52 PM

Again with this shit. People are allowed to have an opinion about the mission. You can try and twist it all you want, but it ain't bashing the troops. That really chaps my hide.

To be honest, TEC is kind of a dick.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Frank on April 29, 2009, 07:50:48 PM

Well, yeah.  But opinion on the Iraq War varies, and discussions about it are often divisive.  Everyone agrees that I'm a dick.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tink on April 29, 2009, 07:58:03 PM

Well, yeah.  But opinion on the Iraq War varies, and discussions about it are often divisive.  Everyone agrees that I'm a dick.

You're a uniter, not a divider.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Frank on April 29, 2009, 09:29:33 PM
Quote from: Tink on April 29, 2009, 07:58:03 PM

You're a uniter, not a divider.

Just like Joe Kmak.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club

There is nothing wrong with an opinion, but openly hoping they would fail at their mission is an entirely different matter. Accusing them of crimes that didn't happen, for blanket statements lumping all troops under a certain stereotype that makes them look bad to the public is bashing them.

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on April 30, 2009, 03:14:42 PM

There is nothing wrong with an opinion, but openly hoping they would fail at their mission is an entirely different matter. Accusing them of crimes that didn't happen, for blanket statements lumping all troops under a certain stereotype that makes them look bad to the public is bashing them.

Do you just invent people and ideas with which to argue?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on April 30, 2009, 03:18:37 PM

Do you just invent people and ideas with which to argue?

Is this your first MikeC post?

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club

The only thing I openly hope fails is your respiratory system. 
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Mike, come on.  Look, I'm as anti-war as one could be, but even you must understand that there's a difference between being anti-war and anti-troop.  As much as I hope that Dick Cheney and Donny Rumsfeld spend the next decade of their lives sleeping in a bunker getting shot at, I certainly hope for the safe return of every single soldier in the war.  What's more, a blanker statement like "openly hoping they would fail at their mission" is really no argument at all, and I think you see that.

This would sort of be like my arguing that you want troops to die because you want to send them into war.  Why do you want to see Americans die, Mike?  Why?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 30, 2009, 04:18:26 PM

Pretty sure this pic is a +1.  REC'D!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103694193

QuoteNPR has learned that Supreme Court Justice David Souter is planning to retire at the end of the current court term.

The vacancy will give President Obama his first chance to name a member of the high court and begin to shape its future direction.

At 69, Souter is nowhere near the oldest member of the court. In fact, he is in the younger half of the court's age range, with five justices older and just three younger. So far as anyone knows, he is in good health. But he has made clear to friends for some time that he wanted to leave Washington, a city he has never liked, and return to his native New Hampshire. Now, according to reliable sources, he has decided to take the plunge and has informed the White House of his decision.

Possible nominees who have been mentioned as being on a theoretical short list include Elena Kagan, the current solicitor general who represents the government before the Supreme Court; Sonia Sotomayor, a Hispanic judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; and Diane Wood, a federal judge in Chicago who taught at the University of Chicago at the same time future President Barack Obama was teaching constitutional law there.

President Obama's choice has an excellent chance of being confirmed by the U.S. Senate, where Democrats now have an advantage of 59 seats to the Republicans' 40.

By the time a vote on a successor is taken, the Senate is anticipated to have a 60th Democrat, as the Minnesota Supreme Court is expected to approve the recount that elected Democrat Al Franken over incumbent Republican Norm Coleman in that state.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on April 30, 2009, 10:03:20 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103694193

QuoteNPR has learned that Supreme Court Justice David Souter is planning to retire at the end of the current court term.

The vacancy will give President Obama his first chance to name a member of the high court and begin to shape its future direction.

At 69, Souter is nowhere near the oldest member of the court. In fact, he is in the younger half of the court's age range, with five justices older and just three younger. So far as anyone knows, he is in good health. But he has made clear to friends for some time that he wanted to leave Washington, a city he has never liked, and return to his native New Hampshire. Now, according to reliable sources, he has decided to take the plunge and has informed the White House of his decision.

Possible nominees who have been mentioned as being on a theoretical short list include Elena Kagan, the current solicitor general who represents the government before the Supreme Court; Sonia Sotomayor, a Hispanic judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; and Diane Wood, a federal judge in Chicago who taught at the University of Chicago at the same time future President Barack Obama was teaching constitutional law there.

President Obama's choice has an excellent chance of being confirmed by the U.S. Senate, where Democrats now have an advantage of 59 seats to the Republicans' 40.

By the time a vote on a successor is taken, the Senate is anticipated to have a 60th Democrat, as the Minnesota Supreme Court is expected to approve the recount that elected Democrat Al Franken over incumbent Republican Norm Coleman in that state.

We gotta get a message through to Barry Hussein...if he has a filibusterFreedom Stall-proof majority, we need to get Oleg on the court.
TIME TO POST!