News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,297 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on May 05, 2009, 08:58:00 PM
The creditors have legal rights that the administration apparently feel don't exist.
As someone who has made a career knowing what creditor rights are I ask you one question:

Have you read the security agreement?

As I know what your answer would be, my response to you is: Shut the fuck up until you know what you are talking about.  The uniformed preaching to the ill informed makes me puke.

Oh, and how's Kerry Wood doing in Arizona?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 05, 2009, 09:42:04 PM
The creditors have legal rights that the administration apparently feel don't exist.
As someone who has made a career knowing what creditor rights are I ask you one question:

As I know what your answer would be, my response to you is: Shut the fuck up until you know what you are talking about.  The uniformed preaching to the ill informed makes me puke.

THIS

And one more thing.  The debt we are talking about is regularly traded.  That means that the holders are, far more likely than not, "vultures" who bought the debt at a significant discount and while knowing the government was involved.  They made a bet  that, in effect, the government would bail them out by giving them more than the market was then pricing the debt.  They played chicken, and they are losing (their little PR gambit is how they hope to not lose).  The US government is doing what any large creditor in a bankruptcy does, which is throw its weight around to get what it wants (and since its my tax dollars, that's what I want them to do), and the company is using the rights given to debtors, all debtors, under the Bankruptcy Code.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com

You hate the troops.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: powen01 on May 05, 2009, 11:07:37 PM

You hate the troops.

He doesn't remember 9/11, either.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on May 05, 2009, 08:19:50 PM
In before MikeC!

This turned out to be remarkably prescient.  Well played, Mr. Dickens.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on May 05, 2009, 10:42:38 PM

THIS

And one more thing.  The debt we are talking about is regularly traded.  That means that the holders are, far more likely than not, "vultures" who bought the debt at a significant discount and while knowing the government was involved.  They made a bet  that, in effect, the government would bail them out by giving them more than the market was then pricing the debt.  They played chicken, and they are losing (their little PR gambit is how they hope to not lose).  The US government is doing what any large creditor in a bankruptcy does, which is throw its weight around to get what it wants (and since its my tax dollars, that's what I want them to do), and the company is using the rights given to debtors, all debtors, under the Bankruptcy Code.

Hawk, you're not really arguing that this should make a difference, are you?  I don't care who the holders are.  The point is that the bondholders have bought into legal, binding, secured debt contracts with Chrysler.  Now, unless Chuck's "read the security agreement" warning turns out to be right and there's some loophole that has yet to be disclosed, then it's pretty clear the government is trying to use its unique position to rewrite existing legal contracts as it sees fit.  And this is a bad idea.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on May 06, 2009, 07:48:08 AM
Hawk, you're not really arguing that this should make a difference, are you?  I don't care who the holders are.  The point is that the bondholders have bought into legal, binding, secured debt contracts with Chrysler.  Now, unless Chuck's "read the security agreement" warning turns out to be right and there's some loophole that has yet to be disclosed, then it's pretty clear the government is trying to use its unique position to rewrite existing legal contracts as it sees fit.  And this is a bad idea.
Perhaps, Morph.  If the bondholders are of the vulture type, like the passengers on Transamerica flight 209, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into.  I say, let 'em crash!

As to the "read the security agreement" part, let's see how this plays out.

As to the government forcing the rewrite of contracts, they knew the devil they were dancing with.

Maybe a signing statement would smooth everything out?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Fuck Chrysler. If they were stupid enough to hire Bob Nardelli after he ran Home Depot into the ground (and got $200MM to go away), they deserve what they get.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on May 06, 2009, 07:39:41 AM
In before MikeC!

I'd be willing to wager it was more "observant" than "prescient."

Quote from: Fork on May 06, 2009, 08:12:54 AM
Fuck Chrysler. If they were stupid enough to hire Bob Nardelli after he ran Home Depot into the ground (and got $200MM to go away), they deserve what they get.

Not that Fork has any personal bitterness.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on May 06, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
In before MikeC!

It isn't personal. I just think CEOs are like baseball managers, where job performance and overall competence has no bearing on future opportuniities.

Nardelli is just the Dusty Baker of business.
TIME TO POST!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on May 06, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
In before MikeC!

Morph obviously doesn't have Desipio Platinum with the "MikeC Alert" extension module.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club

A brilliant comment that doesn't explain anything. It must be fun to be an Obama clone and just automatically be on his side for everything but this is a very serious issue with some lasting impact if it happens.

Like i said before, just forget for a minute that the creditors are going to take it in the pants if this deal goes down. Why is the White House along with the Press Corps going to engage in the policy of personal destruction of private citizens, who did nothing wrong. Think about that aspect for a minute and its pretty chilling.

Get past your hate of me and think of the consequences of these actions. I know damn well if Bush was doing this, this board would be on fire with comments. But its Obama, ho hum, who gives a fuck.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on May 06, 2009, 09:00:56 AM
A brilliant comment that doesn't explain anything. It must be fun to be an Obama clone and just automatically be on his side for everything but this is a very serious issue with some lasting impact if it happens.

Like i said before, just forget for a minute that the creditors are going to take it in the pants if this deal goes down. Why is the White House along with the Press Corps going to engage in the policy of personal destruction of private citizens, who did nothing wrong. Think about that aspect for a minute and its pretty chilling.

Get past your hate of me and think of the consequences of these actions. I know damn well if Bush was doing this, this board would be on fire with comments. But its Obama, ho hum, who gives a fuck.

Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.

[he pauses, pretending to be stumped, while the crowd urges him on]

All right. Dirty: your name wouldn't be Dick, would it?

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 06, 2009, 09:09:15 AM
Quote from: MikeC on May 06, 2009, 09:00:56 AM

Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See, uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being stared at.

[he pauses, pretending to be stumped, while the crowd urges him on]

All right. Dirty: your name wouldn't be Dick, would it?

I guess when your completly brain dead on the issue we get your last two posts.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
His completely brain dead what?

I need closure on this anecdote!

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)