News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on June 09, 2009, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2009, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: powen01 on June 09, 2009, 07:45:30 PM
Bingo bongo.  Companies are trying to get back investors at this point.  It's still a cost cutting game at this point to show something in the black, see how long you can run the ship on a skeleton crew and then when you anticipate a true increase in demand, starting bringing in new bodies. 

Things will improve over the course of the next 4-6... years.  Of course, we'll know the true effects of all the stimulus packages then...  and I am increasingly worried about inflation right now.  It is a very real problem, and much like the mess of social security, it will one day come calling.  I would be interested to see how we are going to confront that one.  Has the Obama team touched on how they plan to deal with this yet?

If, like the mess of Social Security, inflation takes 35-70 years to "come calling" (if it ever does)...

You know what? Nevermind. I gotta go get dinner.

When discussing future government spending, one must remember three words and three words only: Medicare, Medicare, and Medicare.  Discretionary spending is nothing compared to entitlements.

Medicare, indeed.

Health care spending is out of control in this country.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2009, 11:08:50 PM
Bingo bongo.  Companies are trying to get back investors at this point.  It's still a cost cutting game at this point to show something in the black, see how long you can run the ship on a skeleton crew and then when you anticipate a true increase in demand, starting bringing in new bodies. 

Things will improve over the course of the next 4-6... years.  Of course, we'll know the true effects of all the stimulus packages then...  and I am increasingly worried about inflation right now.  It is a very real problem, and much like the mess of social security, it will one day come calling.  I would be interested to see how we are going to confront that one.  Has the Obama team touched on how they plan to deal with this yet?

If, like the mess of Social Security, inflation takes 35-70 years to "come calling" (if it ever does)...

When discussing future government spending, one must remember three words and three words only: Medicare, Medicare, and Medicare.  Discretionary spending is nothing compared to entitlements.

Medicare, indeed.

Speaking of Medicare...this is good, right?

QuotePresident Obama on Tuesday proposed making "pay-as-you-go" rules for federal spending into law.

QuoteA previous PAYGO mandate helped erase federal budget deficits in the 1990s, and subsequent ineffective rules contributed to the current budget deficits, Obama said. Now the PAYGO rules should be the law, he said.

But isn't this a rather large exception? Was it excepted under previous PAYGO rules?

QuoteSome costs would be exempt, including Medicare payments to doctors, the estate and gift tax, and tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2002, the White House statement said.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RV on June 10, 2009, 09:03:58 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2009, 11:08:50 PM

Medicare, indeed.

Speaking of Medicare...this is good, right?

QuotePresident Obama on Tuesday proposed making "pay-as-you-go" rules for federal spending into law.

QuoteA previous PAYGO mandate helped erase federal budget deficits in the 1990s, and subsequent ineffective rules contributed to the current budget deficits, Obama said. Now the PAYGO rules should be the law, he said.

But isn't this a rather large exception? Was it excepted under previous PAYGO rules?

QuoteSome costs would be exempt, including Medicare payments to doctors, the estate and gift tax, and tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2002, the White House statement said.

It's a huge exception and one that any proposed PAYGO law must have because of mandatory spending increases, i.e. Medicare.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
DPD, but more evidence of the MEXICOS taking over.

Que MissVal: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/walmart_supermercado_061009

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 09, 2009, 05:35:34 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 09, 2009, 04:55:45 PM
You should ask ChuckD about the time he saw MikeC using the spellchecker.

Many brains knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Shoutbox that day, I can tell you.

Well, as we all know, spell check isn't always perfect.

Quote from: MikeC on June 09, 2009, 04:43:34 PM
... already growing old to the American pubic.

When I finally get around to starting my fake band, "American Pubic" is going to be the name of our first fake album.
Hire Jim Essian!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/06/reasonable-consumer-would-know-crunchberries-are-not-real-judge-rules.html

QuoteAccording to the complaint, Sugawara and other consumers were misled not only by the use of the word "berries" in the name, but also by the front of the box, which features the product's namesake, Cap'n Crunch, aggressively "thrusting a spoonful of 'Crunchberries' at the prospective buyer."  Plaintiff claimed that this message was reinforced by other marketing representing the product as a "combination of Crunch biscuits and colorful red, purple, teal and green berries."  Yet in actuality, the product contained "no berries of any kind."  Plaintiff brought claims for fraud, breach of warranty, and our notorious and ever-popular California Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Legal Remedies Act.

Awesome.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on June 10, 2009, 11:02:39 AM
http://www.loweringthebar.net/2009/06/reasonable-consumer-would-know-crunchberries-are-not-real-judge-rules.html

QuoteAccording to the complaint, Sugawara and other consumers were misled not only by the use of the word "berries" in the name, but also by the front of the box, which features the product's namesake, Cap'n Crunch, aggressively "thrusting a spoonful of 'Crunchberries' at the prospective buyer."  Plaintiff claimed that this message was reinforced by other marketing representing the product as a "combination of Crunch biscuits and colorful red, purple, teal and green berries."  Yet in actuality, the product contained "no berries of any kind."  Plaintiff brought claims for fraud, breach of warranty, and our notorious and ever-popular California Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Legal Remedies Act.

Awesome.

I'll be watching this one closely, as there could be a precedent set for my lawsuit arguing that the snozberries do not indeed taste like, nor have they ever tasted like, snozberries. Lionel told me my case is a winner, or my pizza's free!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on June 10, 2009, 11:28:01 AM

Awesome.

I'll be watching this one closely, as there could be a precedent set for my lawsuit arguing that the snozberries do not indeed taste like, nor have they ever tasted like, snozberries. Lionel told me my case is a winner, or my pizza's free!

His false-advertising suit against the producers of "The Never Ending Story" should be reviewed by every law student.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on June 10, 2009, 11:35:50 AM

Awesome.

His false-advertising suit against the producers of "The Never Ending Story" should be reviewed by every law student.

Contingent fees.?  No, money down.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on June 10, 2009, 11:37:26 AM

Awesome.

Contingent fees.?  No, money down.

That cut scene is printed and pasted on my office door.  Amazing.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on June 10, 2009, 11:37:26 AM

Awesome.

Contingent fees.?  Works on contingency? No, money down!

Oops, it shouldn't have this Bar Association logo here, either'd
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The judge has been a little unhappy since I accidentally ran over his dog.  Except replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly" and replace "dog" with the word "son".
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit, B. on June 10, 2009, 11:01:31 AM

Many brains knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Shoutbox that day, I can tell you.

When I finally get around to starting my fake band, "American Pubic" is going to be the name of our first fake album.

The fake label I started for Urban Thoreau is looking to expand into producing other fictional artists. What sort of music will your band not play?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Jon on June 10, 2009, 12:51:28 PM

The fake label I started for Urban Thoreau is looking to expand into producing other fictional artists. What sort of music will your band not play?

did you get my fake demo for Gluteus Maximus and the Mammary Glands?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on June 10, 2009, 01:07:43 PM
Quote from: Jon on June 10, 2009, 12:51:28 PM

did you get my fake demo for Gluteus Maximus and the Mammary Glands?

No.