News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,279 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on June 25, 2009, 09:44:28 AM
I recall when President Bush was repeatedly accused of putting politics in the way of science...

http://cei.org/news-release/2009/06/24/epa-suppresses-internal-global-warming-study

You want to blame Obama because someone wanted to put climate change into an Endangerment memo?

That type of thing is only permissible on fringe message boards.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on June 25, 2009, 09:54:02 AM
I recall when President Bush was repeatedly accused of putting politics in the way of science...

http://cei.org/news-release/2009/06/24/epa-suppresses-internal-global-warming-study

You want to blame Obama because someone wanted to put climate change into an Endangerment memo?

Well, often the activities of a President's Administration are ascribed to the President himself, regardless of how applicable it is.  I'm just sayin'.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on June 25, 2009, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 25, 2009, 09:54:02 AM

Well, often the activities of a President's Administration are ascribed to the President himself, regardless of how applicable it is.  I'm just sayin'.

The emails read like one guy trying to jam his views into anything coming out of the department, regardless of how relevant.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 25, 2009, 06:39:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSLR4gsgmA

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200906250024

QuoteObama wants you to— he— the best way to put it, and it's working: he's trying to kill spirit.

All this "hope and change"... he's trying to kill it.

You know how many frustrated Americans there are, out there, at what's happening?

This Sanford thing— I'm gonna tell you, one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind with Mark Sanford... this was the first thought: what he did defies logic. This is more than being 180º out of phase because of "lust" or "love."

This is almost like, 'I don't give a damn. The country's going to hell in a handbasket, I just want out of here.'

He had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle. He said, 'What the hell? I mean, I'm—the federal government's taking over... What the hell. I want to enjoy life.'

The point is: there are a lot of people whose spirit is just... they're fed up, saying, 'The hell with it. I don't even want to fight this anymore, I just want to get away from it.'

My first thought was: he said, 'The hell with this. The Democrats are destroying the country, we can't do anything to stop it, I gave everything I had to stop it here in South Carolina, my wife's left me. The hell with it! I'm gonna enjoy life, what little time I've got left.'

Folks, there are a lot of people that are looking at life— they're saying, 'screw it!'

They're saying, 'screw it,' and they're gonna— before the governm— before Obama takes away their money, before Obama takes away their house, or the economy takes away their house, there are people who are simply saying, 'Hell with this!' They've tuned out.

'To hell with it, I'm just gonna try to enjoy this as much as I can.'

I frankly think that this is what's wrong with the economy today: I frankly think a whole lot of people have just lost their spirit.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2009, 03:18:38 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on June 25, 2009, 06:39:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSLR4gsgmA

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200906250024

QuoteObama wants you to— he— the best way to put it, and it's working: he's trying to kill spirit.

All this "hope and change"... he's trying to kill it.

You know how many frustrated Americans there are, out there, at what's happening?

This Sanford thing— I'm gonna tell you, one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind with Mark Sanford... this was the first thought: what he did defies logic. This is more than being 180º out of phase because of "lust" or "love."

This is almost like, 'I don't give a damn. The country's going to hell in a handbasket, I just want out of here.'

He had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn't want any part of it. He lost the battle. He said, 'What the hell? I mean, I'm—the federal government's taking over... What the hell. I want to enjoy life.'

The point is: there are a lot of people whose spirit is just... they're fed up, saying, 'The hell with it. I don't even want to fight this anymore, I just want to get away from it.'

My first thought was: he said, 'The hell with this. The Democrats are destroying the country, we can't do anything to stop it, I gave everything I had to stop it here in South Carolina, my wife's left me. The hell with it! I'm gonna enjoy life, what little time I've got left.'

Folks, there are a lot of people that are looking at life— they're saying, 'screw it!'

They're saying, 'screw it,' and they're gonna— before the governm— before Obama takes away their money, before Obama takes away their house, or the economy takes away their house, there are people who are simply saying, 'Hell with this!' They've tuned out.

'To hell with it, I'm just gonna try to enjoy this as much as I can.'

I frankly think that this is what's wrong with the economy today: I frankly think a whole lot of people have just lost their spirit.

His wife left him for no reason? Interesting. That happens all the time.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slak on June 25, 2009, 03:23:07 PM

Obama must have killed her spirit, too.

Like Martha Stewart before him.

Maybe it's all the keema and dal he cooks. Or the Urdu poetry. Or the ice cream.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2009, 03:29:45 PM

Maybe it's all the keema and dal he cooks. Or the Urdu poetry. Or the ice cream.

Has Politico always been this TMZish? It seems that at some point in the last few months they made a conscious decision to publish as many vapid and worthless stories as possible to up their Drudge linkage.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RV on June 25, 2009, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2009, 03:29:45 PM

Has Politico always been this TMZish? It seems that at some point in the last few months they made a conscious decision to publish as many vapid and worthless stories as possible to up their Drudge linkage.

They've been all but joined at the hip with Drudge since day one.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
More from the "hypocrisy" side of the ledger...

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/24/sanford-affair/

QuoteWhile serving as a U.S. congressman, Sanford was incredibly critical of his colleagues' marital misdeeds, including the affairs of former congressman Bob Livingston and President Bill Clinton:

"The bottom line, though, is I am sure there will be a lot of legalistic explanations pointing out that the president lied under oath. His situation was not under oath. The bottom line, though, is he still lied. He lied under a different oath, and that is the oath to his wife. So it's got to be taken very, very seriously." [Sanford on Livingston, CNN, 12/18/98]

"We ought to ask questions...rather than circle the wagons for one of our tribe." [Sanford on how the GOP reacts to affairs, New York Post, 12/20/98]

"I think it would be much better for the country and for him personally (to resign). I come from the business side. If you had a chairman or president in the business world facing these allegations, he'd be gone." [Sanford on Clinton, The Post and Courier, 9/12/98]

"The issue of lying is probably the biggest harm, if you will, to the system of Democratic government, representatives government, because it undermines trust. And if you undermine trust in our system, you undermine everything." [Sanford on Clinton, CNN, 2/16/99]

Sanford has also been an opponent of same-sex marriage, saying in 2004, "As Jenny and I are the parents of four little boys, we've always taught our kids that marriage was something between a man and a woman." [The Post and Courier, 2/11/04]

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Corruption in Detroit?

Shocking.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090626/NEWS01/90626024/1003/NEWS/Conyers+convicted+of+conspiracy

QuoteDetroit City Council President Pro Tem Monica Conyers pleaded guilty this morning to conspiring to commit bribery and is free on personal bond.

U.S. District Judge Avern Cohn said, "The defendant now stands convicted."

The one count of conspiring to commit bribery is punishable by up to five years in prison.

No sentencing date has been set.

Conyers, the wife of powerful Democratic congressman U.S. Rep. John Conyers, appeared before Cohn to answer charges in connection with the wide-ranging probe of wrongdoing at Detroit city hall.

The federal plea document released today cites two instances in late 2007, in the days surrounding the approval of the now-infamous Synagro Technologies sludge-hauling contract, when Conyers accepted cash bribes from a Synagro consultant.

The document does not cite the specific amount of the bribes, but previous court documents have said that Conyers, identified by the feds as Council Member A, took at least two bribes of $3,000 each, among other bribes.

Under federal sentencing guidelines, Conyers could face 31 to 60 months in prison, depending on how much money the judge believes was involved in the scheme. Conyers' lawyer and federal prosecutors disagree about the amount of money she received.

Undermining the integrity of Detroit's sludge-hauling contract... Is nothing sacred?

It's Detroit.

That sludge is all they've got.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2009, 11:19:18 AM
Corruption in Detroit?

Shocking.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090626/NEWS01/90626024/1003/NEWS/Conyers+convicted+of+conspiracy

QuoteDetroit City Council President Pro Tem Monica Conyers pleaded guilty this morning to conspiring to commit bribery and is free on personal bond.

The one count of conspiring to commit bribery is punishable by up to five years in prison.

Conyers, the wife of powerful Democratic congressman U.S. Rep. John Conyers, appeared before Cohn to answer charges in connection with the wide-ranging probe of wrongdoing at Detroit city hall.

The federal plea document released today cites two instances in late 2007, in the days surrounding the approval of the now-infamous Synagro Technologies sludge-hauling contract, when Conyers accepted cash bribes from a Synagro consultant.

The document does not cite the specific amount of the bribes, but previous court documents have said that Conyers, identified by the feds as Council Member A, took at least two bribes of $3,000 each, among other bribes.

Under federal sentencing guidelines, Conyers could face 31 to 60 months in prison, depending on how much money the judge believes was involved in the scheme. Conyers' lawyer and federal prosecutors disagree about the amount of money she received.

Undermining the integrity of Detroit's sludge-hauling contract... Is nothing sacred?

It's Detroit.

Fuck Detroit.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Detroit does corruption like this; Chicago does corruption like this.

(And by "this," I mean italicized.)

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2009, 11:19:18 AM
Corruption in Detroit?

Shocking.

It's Detroit.

They don't even have the Stanley Cup anymore.

Fuck Detroit.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Climate change regulation is hard, sayeth John Boehner of Ohio.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/boehner-zomg-climate-change-legislation-is-complicated.php?ref=fpb

All together, not too unexpected, coming from today's modern Republican.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on June 26, 2009, 02:43:36 PM
Climate change regulation is hard, sayeth John Boehner of Ohio.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/boehner-zomg-climate-change-legislation-is-complicated.php?ref=fpb

All together, not too unexpected, coming from today's modern Republican.

BOEHNERTIME!
TIME TO POST!