News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2009, 04:38:19 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/burris/1659702,roland-burris-senate-reelection-2010-070909.article

QuoteSneed has learned U.S. Sen. Roland Burris has decided NOT to seek election to the seat he fought the government to keep.

Sen. Burris is planning to announce his decision Friday by issuing a statement to the press. But he's reportedly not planning to field any questions from the press.

The decision by Burris was based on his inability to raise campaign funds; campaign disclosures with the Federal Election Commission are expected to be filed next week...and he has reportedly only raised approximately $20,000

A source tells Sneed that Burris, who was appointed to Barack Obama's senate seat by former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, has been very concerned about his legacy.

"After 20 years in government service, Burris didn't want the last four months in office to be that legacy," said a source.

Fuck him.

I used to like Burris but he deserves every ounce of tarnish that is stuck on his so-called legacy.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on July 09, 2009, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2009, 04:38:19 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/burris/1659702,roland-burris-senate-reelection-2010-070909.article

QuoteSneed has learned U.S. Sen. Roland Burris has decided NOT to seek election to the seat he fought the government to keep.

Sen. Burris is planning to announce his decision Friday by issuing a statement to the press. But he's reportedly not planning to field any questions from the press.

The decision by Burris was based on his inability to raise campaign funds; campaign disclosures with the Federal Election Commission are expected to be filed next week...and he has reportedly only raised approximately $20,000

A source tells Sneed that Burris, who was appointed to Barack Obama's senate seat by former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, has been very concerned about his legacy.

"After 20 years in government service, Burris didn't want the last four months in office to be that legacy," said a source.

Fuck him.

I used to like Burris but he deserves every ounce of tarnish that is stuck on his so-called legacy.

Fuck him and his legacy.

That four months was enough for someone to put chisel to headstone.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Obamas after that awesome pic was released of Mr. Obama checking out that teenage girl's badonkadonk.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

Don't even get me started.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/senate/kirk-opts-out-of-senate-race.html

QuoteIllinois Rep. Mark Kirk (R) will not run for the open seat of Sen. Roland Burris (D) in 2010, a stunning reversal from just 48 hours ago when Kirk signaled to National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn  (Texas) that he would make the race.

Kirk's decision, a blow to Senate Republicans' chances in Illinois, came in the wake of Burris' formal retirement this afternoon.

It also followed a meeting of the Illinois Republican congressional delegation on Thursday in which his colleagues refused to back Kirk in a primary against Illinois Republican Party Chairman Andy McKenna due, in large part, to his vote in favor of President Barack Obama's climate change bill.

Kirk's move makes McKenna the almost certain Republican nominee against either state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias or Merchandise Mart CEO Chris Kennedy next fall.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on July 10, 2009, 03:13:08 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/senate/kirk-opts-out-of-senate-race.html

QuoteIllinois Rep. Mark Kirk (R) will not run for the open seat of Sen. Roland Burris (D) in 2010, a stunning reversal from just 48 hours ago when Kirk signaled to National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn  (Texas) that he would make the race.

Kirk's decision, a blow to Senate Republicans' chances in Illinois, came in the wake of Burris' formal retirement this afternoon.

It also followed a meeting of the Illinois Republican congressional delegation on Thursday in which his colleagues refused to back Kirk in a primary against Illinois Republican Party Chairman Andy McKenna due, in large part, to his vote in favor of President Barack Obama's climate change bill.

Kirk's move makes McKenna the almost certain Republican nominee against either state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias or Merchandise Mart CEO Chris Kennedy next fall.

Good.  He's my congressman and I like him where he is.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 10, 2009, 04:06:50 PM

Doing nothing?

The rumor on Kirk is that he's got a Jim Thomson-type problem.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 10, 2009, 05:46:56 PM

Doing nothing?

Just to be clear, Burris isn't retiring immediately, is he?  He's planning on staying in the Senate until his term is up, right?  Not pullin' a Palin?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on July 10, 2009, 06:01:25 PM

Doing nothing?

Just to be clear, Burris isn't retiring immediately, is he?  He's planning on staying in the Senate until his term is up, right?  Not pullin' a Palin?

Right...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/10/AR2009071002953.html?hpid=topnews

QuoteCHICAGO. July 10 -- Sen. Roland W. Burris (D-Ill.), announced Friday that he will not run for election to a full term next year, surrendering a seat he was awarded by indicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D).

Standing behind a podium emblazoned with the U.S. Senate seal, Burris said he was choosing to step down in January 2011 because "the business of the people of Illinois should always come first."

Burris, 71, who was given virtually no chance of winning the seat once held by President Obama, is a politically isolated figure who had raised less than $1,000 in campaign funds during the first three months of the year. He told supporters today that he had to choose between raising money and "raising issues for my state."

When Burris said, "Make no mistake, I love serving in the United States Senate," supporters in the invited audience at a South Side hotel called out, "We love you, too!"

The audience greeted him, before he began speaking, with a standing ovation and chants of "Run, Roland run."

Burris, who has offered a series of contradictory accounts of his contacts with Blagojevich and the former governor's associates, made no mention of an ongoing Senate ethics investigation. He greeted supporters after the brief event and took no questions.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club

Doing nothing?

Not so fast?

http://www.rollcall.com/news/36689-1.html

QuoteRep. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) is still considering running for Senate, despite a report Friday afternoon that said he was taking himself out of the race in order to avoid a primary with state Republican Party Chairman Andy McKenna.

Kirk told Roll Call over the phone Friday that he was still discussing the race with McKenna going into the weekend and that a published Washington Post report that he was dropping out of the race was incorrect.

Kirk and McKenna met with the Illinois delegation this week to gauge support for their campaigns. At the time, it was unclear who the delegation would back — in part because of Kirk's vote for the controversial cap-and-trade bill that passed the House recently.

While Kirk said he is still considering the race, a GOP source said Kirk was in fact making calls Friday morning telling people that he had decided not to run. With the state of Kirk's candidacy in flux Friday afternoon, it appears increasingly clear that Kirk will only run if McKenna will agree not to. Whether national party leaders, who see the moderate Kirk as their best general election candidate, can persuade the state party chairman to stand down remains to be seen.

Kirk told Roll Call that he and McKenna would continue to discuss the race over the weekend.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

He's a corrupt pol who'll never get busted?

He's a closet queen?

His best buddy in politics is going to the pokey?

He's in charge of the audit committee of a company who's owner is stealing everything that isn't nailed down?

He's pledged the time of his law firm's biggest earner to defend his obviously guilty buddy pro bono?

I need clarification here.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on July 10, 2009, 08:33:21 PM

He's a closet queen?

He's in charge of the audit committee of a company who's owner is stealing everything that isn't nailed down?

He's pledged the time of his law firm's biggest earner to defend his obviously guilty buddy pro bono?

Well, he just got divorced from a Jeri Ryan type in the looks department.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 10, 2009, 09:51:48 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 10, 2009, 08:33:21 PM

He's a closet queen?

Well, he just got divorced from a Jeri Ryan type in the looks department.

Jim Thompson tried to take Jeri Ryan to Parisian sex clubs?

I don't get this at all.