News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,297 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on August 13, 2009, 07:13:22 PM
Quote from: CBStew on August 13, 2009, 06:14:47 PM
Maybe German politics are even sillier than ours.

"Debate is raging in Germany over whether a campaign poster using a now infamous photograph of Chancellor Angela Merkel in a deep-cut evening gown is cleverly ironic or downright tacky.

However you see it, the poster is adding some spice to what is shaping up to be an otherwise dull campaign leading up to Sept. 27 German parliamentary elections.

The poster shows a picture of Christian Democrat candidate Vera Lengsfeld, 57, in a low-cut evening gown alongside a well-known 2008 photo of Merkel, the party leader, taken at her appearance at the gala opening of Oslo's opera house.

"We have more to offer," reads the slogan under the revealing photos of the two women's chests — a twist on the Christian Democrats official slogan, "We have the power."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/08/13/international/i100637D19.DTL#ixzz0O6k9y2To

Thanks Stew, always good to keep abreast of European affairs.

It's good to know that the Germans have boobs running for office too.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Jon on August 13, 2009, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: morpheus on August 13, 2009, 03:38:10 PMCT Scans never show anything anyway - they're rather nondescript.

I'm not sure whether to groan or applaud.

CT scan results are almost always inconclusive.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on August 13, 2009, 06:14:47 PM
Maybe German politics are even sillier than ours.

"Debate is raging in Germany over whether a campaign poster using a now infamous photograph of Chancellor Angela Merkel in a deep-cut evening gown is cleverly ironic or downright tacky.

However you see it, the poster is adding some spice to what is shaping up to be an otherwise dull campaign leading up to Sept. 27 German parliamentary elections.

The poster shows a picture of Christian Democrat candidate Vera Lengsfeld, 57, in a low-cut evening gown alongside a well-known 2008 photo of Merkel, the party leader, taken at her appearance at the gala opening of Oslo's opera house.

"We have more to offer," reads the slogan under the revealing photos of the two women's chests — a twist on the Christian Democrats official slogan, "We have the power."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/08/13/international/i100637D19.DTL#ixzz0O6k9y2To

Merkel's boner?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on August 13, 2009, 11:18:41 PM
Quote from: Jon on August 13, 2009, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: morpheus on August 13, 2009, 03:38:10 PMCT Scans never show anything anyway - they're rather nondescript.

I'm not sure whether to groan or applaud.

CT scan results are almost always inconclusive.

"I don't know what to make of this. Your CT scan reads: present."
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Serious (and most likely stupid) question for all you conservacrats: are income disparities like this a bad thing for a country/economy in the long term? As a wretched commie pig, I understand there are haves and have-nots in every society, but the bleeding heart connected to my gut tells me income concentrated this highly in a small group is not a good thing. I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise by a well-supported argument that is heavy on science and light on shiny fascist jackboot kicks to my derriere.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on August 14, 2009, 03:19:52 PM
Serious (and most likely stupid) question for all you conservacrats: are income disparities like this a bad thing for a country/economy in the long term? As a wretched commie pig, I understand there are haves and have-nots in every society, but the bleeding heart connected to my gut tells me income concentrated this highly in a small group is not a good thing. I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise by a well-supported argument that is heavy on science and light on shiny fascist jackboot kicks to my derriere.

I didn't realize how bad the Nixon-Ford-Carter years were for us plutocrats.  We are finally  making up for those bad years.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on August 14, 2009, 03:19:52 PM

All I see is a lot of hard-working, loyal American, ExxonMobil employees pulling themselves up by their bootstraps in 2003.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Rick Perlstein, whose "Nixonland" is discussed (briefly) over in paperbacks, shakes the crazy tree...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/14/AR2009081401495_pf.html

QuoteSo the birthers, the anti-tax tea-partiers, the town hall hecklers -- these are "either" the genuine grass roots or evil conspirators staging scenes for YouTube? The quiver on the lips of the man pushing the wheelchair, the crazed risk of carrying a pistol around a president -- too heartfelt to be an act. The lockstep strangeness of the mad lies on the protesters' signs -- too uniform to be spontaneous. They are both. If you don't understand that any moment of genuine political change always produces both, you can't understand America, where the crazy tree blooms in every moment of liberal ascendancy, and where elites exploit the crazy for their own narrow interests.

Liberals are right to be vigilant about manufactured outrage, and particularly about how the mainstream media can too easily become that outrage's entry into the political debate. For the tactic represented by those fake Nixon letters was a long-term success. Conservatives have become adept at playing the media for suckers, getting inside the heads of editors and reporters, haunting them with the thought that maybe they are out-of-touch cosmopolitans and that their duty as tribunes of the people's voices means they should treat Obama's creation of "death panels" as just another justiciable political claim. If 1963 were 2009, the woman who assaulted Adlai Stevenson would be getting time on cable news to explain herself. That, not the paranoia itself, makes our present moment uniquely disturbing.

It used to be different. You never heard the late Walter Cronkite taking time on the evening news to "debunk" claims that a proposed mental health clinic in Alaska is actually a dumping ground for right-wing critics of the president's program, or giving the people who made those claims time to explain themselves on the air. The media didn't adjudicate the ever-present underbrush of American paranoia as a set of "conservative claims" to weigh, horse-race-style, against liberal claims. Back then, a more confident media unequivocally labeled the civic outrage represented by such discourse as "extremist" -- out of bounds.

The tree of crazy is an ever-present aspect of America's flora. Only now, it's being watered by misguided he-said-she-said reporting and taking over the forest. Latest word is that the enlightened and mild provision in the draft legislation to help elderly people who want living wills -- the one hysterics turned into the "death panel" canard -- is losing favor, according to the Wall Street Journal, because of "complaints over the provision."

Good thing our leaders weren't so cowardly in 1964, or we would never have passed a civil rights bill -- because of complaints over the provisions in it that would enslave whites.

I b lookng at u ChkGrsly
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/2009/08/twelve-carry-guns----including-assault-rifle----outside-obama-event.php

QuoteAbout 12 people were carrying guns, including at least one semi-automatic assault rifle, outside a building where President Obama was speaking today.

No one was arrested outside the VFW National Convention in Phoenix, according to the Associated Press, where hundreds of people demonstrated both for and against health care reform. There are no reports that the 12 were part of an organized group.

The man spotted carrying the assault rifle and a pistol, who gave his name only as "Chris", was asked why he was armed. "Because I can do it," he said. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms." You can watch the video from ArizonaCentral.com (go to about 1:30). He's being interviewed by a man who's also wearing a handgun.

Two police officers kept close by. Carrying guns, including the AR-15 assault rifle, is legal under Arizona law.

"If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time," said Detective J. Oliver.

If this trend continues, eventually, someone's gonna cross a line.

Somewhere, an otherwise law-abiding citizen, carrying a gun at a Presidential event ("because I can"), will get too close for Secret Service comfort and be temporarily relieved of their firearm and/or freedom.

Further proof, of course, that Obama wants to take our guns.

The contradictions heightened.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Either that, or everyone starts packing and the tensions on both sides continue to ratchet up until the Hegelian dynamic finally explodes in an inevitable Aufhebung of motorcycle marauders.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on August 18, 2009, 12:23:07 AM
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/2009/08/twelve-carry-guns----including-assault-rifle----outside-obama-event.php

QuoteAbout 12 people were carrying guns, including at least one semi-automatic assault rifle, outside a building where President Obama was speaking today.

No one was arrested outside the VFW National Convention in Phoenix, according to the Associated Press, where hundreds of people demonstrated both for and against health care reform. There are no reports that the 12 were part of an organized group.

The man spotted carrying the assault rifle and a pistol, who gave his name only as "Chris", was asked why he was armed. "Because I can do it," he said. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms." You can watch the video from ArizonaCentral.com (go to about 1:30). He's being interviewed by a man who's also wearing a handgun.

Two police officers kept close by. Carrying guns, including the AR-15 assault rifle, is legal under Arizona law.

"If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time," said Detective J. Oliver.

Somewhere, an otherwise law-abiding citizen, carrying a gun at a Presidential event ("because I can"), will get too close for Secret Service comfort and be temporarily relieved of their firearm and/or freedom.

I'm guessing someone will take a pop at Obama.

The challenge will be for guys like Limbaugh and Beck to blame the Libruls instead of their own rhetoric aimed at the low-hanging fruit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on August 18, 2009, 07:35:05 AM

The challenge will be for guys like Limbaugh and Beck to blame the Libruls instead of their own rhetoric aimed at the low-hanging fruit.

Nah, the blame would fall squarely on the guy who would take a pop at Obama.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on August 18, 2009, 08:31:52 AM

Nobody is happy with things that cut-and-dried anymore. There will be finger-pointing going on, on both sides.

Just as there is with everything else.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Do you think that would be the case when one of these guys flinches or the shoulder strap on their AR-15 slips and a sniper takes them out?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on August 18, 2009, 10:42:01 AM

Do you think that would be the case when one of these guys flinches or the shoulder strap on their AR-15 slips and a sniper takes them out?

Absolutely.