News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,297 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2205 on: September 14, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 14, 2009, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: BH on September 14, 2009, 04:54:15 PM
Why are you all ignoring the child prostitution charges MikeC brought forth? The evidence is obvious. It's right there on the ground. In front of your faggy, hippy birkenstocks.

There is no defense.  On behalf of Acorn I plead guilty.  Acorn doesn't care about child prostitution.  Besides, the major clients of child prostitutes are Republican congressmen.  What now?

As long as there is no government funded socialized child prostitution, it's all good.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread
« Reply #2206 on: September 14, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »
This is a brief aside, but I am unsure about how many of y'all have ever heard the tape of LBJ ordering pants.  The tape was circulating around the office today and I figured y'all would appreciate it.*

*Twang added for realism.

http://www.whitehousetapes.net/clips/1964_0809_lbj_haggar/

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread
« Reply #2207 on: September 14, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 14, 2009, 07:32:28 PM
This is a brief aside, but I am unsure about how many of y'all have ever heard the tape of LBJ ordering pants.  The tape was circulating around the office today and I figured y'all would appreciate it.*

*Twang added for realism.

http://www.whitehousetapes.net/clips/1964_0809_lbj_haggar/

Thank you for not pimping out kids.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2208 on: September 14, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »
Looks like Sen. Franken was pretty busy at the State Fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk&feature=player_embedded#t=61

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2209 on: September 15, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »
More ACORN videos today, looks like they are heading out west to San Bernardino.

EDIT: Well that was quick, Video #4 just dropped......

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/15/acorn-prostitution-scandal-california-here-we-come/
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2210 on: September 15, 2009, 06:26:10 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on September 15, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
More ACORN videos today, looks like they are heading out west to San Bernardino.

http://biggovernment.com/2009/09/15/acorn-prostitution-scandal-california-here-we-come/

Seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASS1qFAIQ8
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2211 on: September 15, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 15, 2009, 06:26:10 PM
Quote from: MikeC on September 15, 2009, 03:44:04 PM

Seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASS1qFAIQ8

I like the idea of Fox gathering all the nuts in one place. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2212 on: September 15, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
Yesterday I received an email from a friend in Palos Verdes Estates protesting the fact that the US Postal Service is putting out a stamp which commemorates 2 Muslim holidays.  She added that "They don't even believe in Christ, yet they are getting their own Christmas stamp".   I didn't even know where to begin my response to that email.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2213 on: September 15, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 15, 2009, 06:44:39 PM
Yesterday I received an email from a friend in Palos Verdes Estates protesting the fact that the US Postal Service is putting out a stamp which commemorates 2 Muslim holidays.  She added that "They don't even believe in Christ, yet they are getting their own Christmas stamp".   I didn't even know where to begin my response to that email.   

How about with "I would like to end our friendship effective immediately."
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2214 on: September 15, 2009, 07:36:59 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 15, 2009, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: CBStew on September 15, 2009, 06:44:39 PM

How about with "I would like to end our friendship effective immediately."

I don't have a problem with them celebrating their Godless holidays, but can't they do it some other time than CHRISTmas?!?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2215 on: September 15, 2009, 08:04:42 PM »
For those of you inclined toward hearing news about the Employee Free Choice Act, the most substantive renovation to the National Labor Relations Act since the Taft-Hartley Act in 1947, here is some news....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/2009/09/specter_unveils_prospective_de.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/58797-specter-deal-pounded-out-on-card-check

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2216 on: September 15, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 15, 2009, 06:36:11 PM

I like the idea of Fox gathering all the nuts in one place. 

Someone needs to explain the logic of people who are proudly from "the home of the brave" being scared shitless by News Corporation, the largest media outlet in the world, which constantly rails against the "mainstream media".
TIME TO POST!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2217 on: September 16, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »
Heckuvajob, Maxie...

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_09/019962.php

QuoteAfter months of negotiations, debate, and partisan wrangling, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) will unveil his health care reform framework today. Baucus, who delayed the entire legislative process for months, simply so he could work with Republicans on a bipartisan solution, has managed to garner a grand total of zero GOP votes for his proposal.

QuoteCNN has learned that -- barring some unforeseen change -- Democratic Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus will unveil a health care proposal Wednesday without the support of the three Republican senators -- Charles Grassley, Mike Enzi and Olympia Snowe -- he's been negotiating with for months.

...Wednesday, when the Senate Finance Chairman unveils his bill, all indications are he will be doing it without the support of Republicans he has spent hundreds of hours negotiating with.

Gang of Six members reportedly chatted again last night, but agreed to nothing.

So, in the span of a half-day, Baucus' reform package was rejected by one of the Finance Committee's leading Democrats (Jay Rockefeller) and all of the Finance Committee's Republicans. An inauspicious start, to be sure.

All eyes have been on Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe (R), the Senate's most moderate Republican and the only GOP lawmaker on the Hill who seems sincere about wanting a reform bill. She no doubt disappointed Baucus when she concluded that his bill just isn't good enough.

But let's not lose sight of why Snowe balked at the Baucus framework. For one thing, she's concerned about the financing mechanism, which she believes would hit Maine hard. But just as importantly, Snowe also believes (as I do) that Baucus' plan offers weak and inadequate subsidies. "The affordability question is crucial," Snowe said. "It's a central component, because at the end of the day people have high expectations they will have access to affordable health insurance."

In other words, one of the leading Republican negotiators on health care reform believes Baucus' plan is too conservative.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2218 on: September 16, 2009, 09:03:42 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 16, 2009, 08:43:04 AM
Heckuvajob, Maxie...

CNN has learned that -- barring some unforeseen change -- Democratic Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus will unveil a health care proposal Wednesday without the support of the three Republican senators -- Charles Grassley, Mike Enzi and Olympia Snowe -- he's been negotiating with for months.

...Wednesday, when the Senate Finance Chairman unveils his bill, all indications are he will be doing it without the support of Republicans he has spent hundreds of hours negotiating with.
[/quote]

Interesting thing about Grassley - his rollback of the Estate Tax to zero takes effect next year. Since Congress won't repeal the expiration of the rollback, the following year the Estate Tax goes back to pre-Bush levels, where inheritances of over $1 million are taxed.

Because of this one year reprieve in 2010 on what Conservatives like to call the "Death Tax", Grassley has actually incentivised death more than any "death panel" that will be part of health care reform. How many DNRs will be enacted on wealthy elderly people in December 2010?

TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2219 on: September 16, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 16, 2009, 08:43:04 AM
Heckuvajob, Maxie...

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_09/019962.php

QuoteAfter months of negotiations, debate, and partisan wrangling, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) will unveil his health care reform framework today. Baucus, who delayed the entire legislative process for months, simply so he could work with Republicans on a bipartisan solution, has managed to garner a grand total of zero GOP votes for his proposal.

QuoteCNN has learned that -- barring some unforeseen change -- Democratic Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus will unveil a health care proposal Wednesday without the support of the three Republican senators -- Charles Grassley, Mike Enzi and Olympia Snowe -- he's been negotiating with for months.

Gang of Six members reportedly chatted again last night, but agreed to nothing.

So, in the span of a half-day, Baucus' reform package was rejected by one of the Finance Committee's leading Democrats (Jay Rockefeller) and all of the Finance Committee's Republicans. An inauspicious start, to be sure.

All eyes have been on Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe (R), the Senate's most moderate Republican and the only GOP lawmaker on the Hill who seems sincere about wanting a reform bill. She no doubt disappointed Baucus when she concluded that his bill just isn't good enough.

But let's not lose sight of why Snowe balked at the Baucus framework. For one thing, she's concerned about the financing mechanism, which she believes would hit Maine hard. But just as importantly, Snowe also believes (as I do) that Baucus' plan offers weak and inadequate subsidies. "The affordability question is crucial," Snowe said. "It's a central component, because at the end of the day people have high expectations they will have access to affordable health insurance."

In other words, one of the leading Republican negotiators on health care reform believes Baucus' plan is too conservative.

Fuck Max Baucus with Mike Fontenot's dad's cosmetically altered schwantz. There are two possibilities here:

1. Baucus is just a complete dumbshit who negotiated away the best parts of his own health care plan in exchange for...zero GOP votes.

QuoteTell me how this sounds for a health care reform plan.

* A national health care exchange
    * Buy-in to Medicare at age 55
    * No discrimination against those with pre-existing conditions
    * No waiting period for Medicare for disabled
    * CHIP covers up to 250% of poverty level
    * Credits for small businesses and individuals to make health care affordable

Oh, and don't forget this bit:

* A public option

Now, it may surprise you to learn this. But the architect of this program is none other than Max Baucus--the guy who has been pushing against a public option since the insurers were allowed to drive this debate.

2. It's more than mere happenstance that a framework authored by a guy who received a shit ton of cash from insurance companies, with the help of a former insurance company VP, contains an individual mandate, insufficient subsidies, and no public plan - resulting in "an absolute gift to the industry."