News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,289 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2430 on: October 07, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 07, 2009, 03:52:58 PM
The Senator Al Franken nightmare continues...

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/07/kbr-rape-franken-amendment/
http://www.minnpost.com/stories/2009/10/06/12247/senate_passes_franken_amendment_aimed_at_defense_contractors

Sure, but where was Senator Smalley when Obama was raping our children in those federally funded ACORN brothels?

I think we can all agree with spearNmagicHelmet.

" spearNmagicHelmet says:

republicans are pretty when it comes to rape. they did a really good job of this country.
October 7th, 2009 at 11:37 am
"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2431 on: October 07, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 07, 2009, 04:07:57 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 07, 2009, 03:52:58 PM
The Senator Al Franken nightmare continues...

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/10/07/kbr-rape-franken-amendment/
http://www.minnpost.com/stories/2009/10/06/12247/senate_passes_franken_amendment_aimed_at_defense_contractors

Sure, but where was Senator Smalley when Obama was raping our children in those federally funded ACORN brothels?

I think we can all agree with spearNmagicHelmet.

" spearNmagicHelmet says:

republicans are pretty when it comes to rape. they did a really good job of this country.
October 7th, 2009 at 11:37 am
"

Serious question. Why would somebody vote against that amendment? Am I missing something?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2432 on: October 07, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 07, 2009, 04:28:47 PM
Serious question. Why would somebody vote against that amendment? Am I missing something?
Why would you want to infringe on a private enterprise's ability to generate profit?

Another reason to vote against it: A Democrat proposed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2433 on: October 07, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 07, 2009, 04:35:54 PM
Why would you want to infringe on a private enterprise's ability to generate profit?

I don't get all political, so maybe I'm missing the point or the green font, but if a private enterprise wants a piece of government funding, it seems pretty reasonable to ask them to give their employees the right to due process.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2434 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2009, 04:45:20 PM

I don't get all political, so maybe I'm missing the point or the green font, but if a private enterprise wants a piece of government funding, it seems pretty reasonable to ask them to give their employees the right to due process.

Chuck was being sarcastic. I guess those who voted against it just couldn't bear the thought of explaining to the teabaggers how on God's green earth they voted for an amendment proposed by a commiemedian.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2435 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 07, 2009, 05:01:10 PM

Chuck was being sarcastic. I guess those who voted against it just couldn't bear the thought of explaining to the teabaggers how on God's green earth they voted for an amendment proposed by a commiemedian.

Fine, serves me right for coming in here anyway.
I'll just go back to buying up condemned houses in Detroit and painting them red, white and blue.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2436 on: October 07, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2009, 05:03:52 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 07, 2009, 05:01:10 PM

Fine, serves me right for coming in here anyway.
I'll just go back to buying up condemned houses in Detroit and painting them red, white and blue.

That joke is PLAYED OUT.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
What Nate Silver said.

QuoteSome of the usual suspects are out this morning with criticism of Tom Carper's compromise proposal to insert a robust public option into the Democrats' health care bill, but allow states to opt out of it by legislative or popular action.

QuoteBut this compromise is leaps and bounds better than most of the others that have been floated, such as Chuck Schumer's proposal to have a public insurance option that would be forced to negotiate at private market rates.

QuoteNow, if you could have a Jay Rockefeller-style, Medicare-for-Anyone type public option with no strings attached, would that be a superior alternative? Of course. But that amendment was rejected 8-15 by the Finance Committee and has very little chance of becoming law. Some sort of compromise is almost certainly going to be necessary. This is almost certainly the best compromise that has been floated so far.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2438 on: October 10, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
Alan Grayson is back, and the man speaks the language of our time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ery7RZ4tZ2Y

Moneyshot comes at the end.

QuoteAmerica understands that there's one party in this country that's in favor of healthcare reform and one party that's against it, and they know why. They understand that, if Barack Obama was somehow able to cure hunger in the world, the Republicans would blame him for overpopulation. They understand that, if Barack Obama could somehow bring about world peace, they'd blame him for destroying the defense industry. In fact, they understand that if Barack Obama has a BLT sandwich tomorrow for lunch they will try and ban bacon. But that's not what America wants.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 08, 2009, 02:12:45 PM
What Nate Silver said.

It's interesting that Silver would mention the behavior economics stuff--this idea has Cass Sunstein's fingerprints all over it.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn one day that he's the architect of this compromise within the administration/Obama's inner-circle of advisers. 
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
This might have been addressed by now and you can direct me as to where it has been, but what do you pinkos think of this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4553445

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 12, 2009, 08:26:36 PM
This might have been addressed by now and you can direct me as to where it has been, but what do you pinkos think of this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4553445

I think that Limbaugh believes that owning a NFL franchise will enhance his ability to obtain painkillers.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on October 12, 2009, 08:36:13 PM

I think that Limbaugh believes that owning a NFL franchise will enhance his ability to obtain painkillers.

I hope that racist tub of foaces dies of taint cancer as soon as possible, but I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to buy an NFL franchise in the meantime.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Good thing he doesn't want to buy a hockey team, since he'd only want right wingers - am I right?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16