News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,297 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
It does look like Rush will pursue legal action against those who published a couple of quotes attributed to him that he insists he never made -- one about slavery not being all bad and another about James Earl Ray deserving a Congressional Medal of Honor. It will be very interesting to see what comes out of it.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 15, 2009, 12:42:04 PM
It does look like Rush will pursue legal action against those who published a couple of quotes attributed to him that he insists he never made -- one about slavery not being all bad and another about James Earl Ray deserving a Congressional Medal of Honor. It will be very interesting to see what comes out of it.

Why would anyone need to invent some of the things he says?  The invective that actually does ooze out of this tub of shit ought to be sufficient evidence of his bigotry.

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 15, 2009, 12:42:04 PM

If any "serious" news outlets reported fake quotes from Rush as real without fact-checking them, let them fucking have it.

Our moribund media establishment deserves everything they have coming to them.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on October 15, 2009, 12:48:27 PM
Why would anyone need to invent some of the things he says?  The invective that actually does ooze out of this tub of shit ought to be sufficient evidence of his bigotry.

True.

But the fact remains that much of the media is full of lazy sods who would totally take something like the made-up James Earl Ray quote as the truth once they found it on the internet.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 15, 2009, 12:51:37 PM
Why would anyone need to invent some of the things he says?  The invective that actually does ooze out of this tub of shit ought to be sufficient evidence of his bigotry.

True.

But the fact remains that much of the media is full of lazy sods who would totally take something like the made-up James Earl Ray quote as the truth once they found it on the internet.

Reminds me of that 60 Minutes clusterfuck with Bush's National Guard "papers".  Everyone knows Lil' Georgie did everything he could to minimize his risk of getting his ass shot off in 'Nam; to fabricate something like they did was not only criminally idiotic, but it only serves to justify the smug contempt that conservatives have for the mainsteam media.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on October 15, 2009, 01:06:50 PM
Why would anyone need to invent some of the things he says?  The invective that actually does ooze out of this tub of shit ought to be sufficient evidence of his bigotry.

True.

Reminds me of that 60 Minutes clusterfuck with Bush's National Guard "papers".  Everyone knows Lil' Georgie did everything he could to minimize his risk of getting his ass shot off in 'Nam; to fabricate something like they did was not only criminally idiotic, but it only serves to justify the smug contempt that conservatives have for the mainsteam media.

The "mainstream media" is a misnomer, big guy.

As for the Bush "papers", that whole thing stunk of a set-up. Take a few things that everyone knew anyway, feed it to a desparate reporter struggling to maintain relevance, profit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 01:15:07 PM

True.

As for the Bush "papers", that whole thing stunk of a set-up. Take a few things that everyone knew anyway, feed it to a desparate reporter struggling to maintain relevance, profit.

So that makes it okay?  I don't care if it was a set up or whatever.  It probably was, but the point remains, in support of Thrill's point, that the media is lazy.

And how is "mainstream media" a misnomer (never mind that I typoed it "mainsteam")?  It's mainstream.  It reaches the widest cross-section of the country, compared to other media.  Are you suggesting the major networks have really just been some sort of underground rogue news gathering operation all this time?
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on October 15, 2009, 01:24:55 PM

True.

So that makes it okay?  I don't care if it was a set up or whatever.  It probably was, but the point remains, in support of Thrill's point, that the media is lazy.

And how is "mainstream media" a misnomer (never mind that I typoed it "mainsteam")?  It's mainstream.  It reaches the widest cross-section of the country, compared to other media.  Are you suggesting the major networks have really just been some sort of underground rogue news gathering operation all this time?

No, just the Conservative media claiming they're outside the mainstream is laughable...and I liked "mainsteam" better.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on October 15, 2009, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: MAD on October 15, 2009, 01:24:55 PM

True.

No, just the Conservative media claiming they're outside the mainstream is laughable...and I liked "mainsteam" better.

You're splitting hairs and, in fact, taking this onto an entirely different tack.  Regardless of whether or not the mainstream media is conservative or liberal, conservatives view it as liberal and, right or wrong, they've managed to successfuly characterize it as such.  I happen to disagree with the characterization--as you do, as it's one of the drums you like to beat--but our stance is not helped in instances when some lazy, agenda-driven news team does something like unnceesarily fabricate quotes and falsely attribute them to people, or when they isnuffiiciently research documents which purport to fit an agenda but are, in fact, forgeries.  It's instances like these that just add fuel to that retarded fire.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
QuoteIt does look like Rush will pursue legal action against those who published a couple of quotes attributed to him that he insists he never made -- one about slavery not being all bad and another about James Earl Ray deserving a Congressional Medal of Honor. It will be very interesting to see what comes out of it.

QuoteIf any "serious" news outlets reported fake quotes from Rush as real without fact-checking them, let them fucking have it.

Our moribund media establishment deserves everything they have coming to them.

Does CNN count as serious? Because they ran with the fake quotes like giddy little school children.....

Everyone knows Limbaugh is a racist, it just fits the narrative to attribute made up quotes to him. Fake but accurate reporting from CNN.

What makes the CNN fuck up so hilarious is that they fact checked an SNL skit for accuracy on Obama's agenda and they cant even fact check their own news reporting. No wonder this liberal wet dream of a network is in dead last in the ratings....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-finishes-fourth-in-prime-time-demo-for-fourth-straight-night/
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on October 15, 2009, 03:29:35 PM

What makes the CNN fuck up so hilarious is that they fact checked an SNL skit for accuracy on Obama's agenda and they cant even fact check their own news reporting. No wonder this liberal wet dream of a network is in dead last in the ratings....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-finishes-fourth-in-prime-time-demo-for-fourth-straight-night/

What was first in the ratings?

And wouldn't the most viewed network be, by extension, mainstream?
TIME TO POST!

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Also via Jawa Report is a debunking of the James Earl Ray Quote from as far back as 2005.

http://www.andimright.com/?p=449

Scroll to the bottom for an MSNBC video of Rachel Maddow using that fake quote.

Another one of those networks getting clobbered by that evil Fox News. And the Obama administrations says everything on Fox News is lies. I am just glad CNN and MSNBC are fighting the power to tell America the truth even if its fake but accurate.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on October 15, 2009, 03:29:35 PM
Everyone knows Limbaugh is a racist, it just fits the narrative to attribute made up quotes to him.
It also fits the "Magic Negro" and "Donovan McNabb" quotes, too.

The reason it fits so well is because it fits, regardless of the truthiness of it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on October 15, 2009, 03:39:44 PM
Also via Jawa Report is a debunking of the James Earl Ray Quote from as far back as 2005.

http://www.andimright.com/?p=449

Scroll to the bottom for an MSNBC video of Rachel Maddow using that fake quote.

Another one of those networks getting clobbered by that evil Fox News. And the Obama administrations says everything on Fox News is lies. I am just glad CNN and MSNBC are fighting the power to tell America the truth even if its fake but accurate.

You realize that Rush was trying to buy into a shitty NFL team right? I guess this is as important on the scale of issues as your other complaints.
1) St louis rams ownership
2) Voter fraud
3) hypothetical Acorn situations
4) Obama's birth certificate
... 220) Economy
....322) Wars
....450) Healthcare
.... 800) Social Security

.....901) Profit?