News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,275 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on November 04, 2009, 07:32:48 PM
Can we keep an eye on the real grassroots movement?

"San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum is facing misdemeanor marijuana charges following a traffic stop in his home state. Washington State Patrol spokesman Steve Schatzel said Thursday that the 2008 Cy Young Award winner and former University of Washington star was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 5 in the town of Hazel Dell, about four miles north of the Oregon border..."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Wait a minute?  Lincecum smokes weed?  Does his MLB2K9 doppelganger toke up, too?

I'm shocked.  Next thing, you're going to tell me that his teammate Pablo Escobar used to run a drug cartel in Colombia.  /philrogers

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on November 06, 2009, 08:32:43 AM
DPD. If you're like me and fairly ignorant of that whole Israel-Palestine thing, this paints a depressing picture of how completely fucked of a situation it is.
Fascinating yet depressing article R-V. Regretably I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as I should be regarding this situation.
But I suppose that could be said of most of the world including the Israelis and Palestinians themselves.

Glad I read it, I don't know if there are any answers as long as these are the prevalent attitudes...
QuoteThey also underscore the biases that had taken root in each camp: the Israeli belief that Hamas terrorists and the Gazan people were one and the same; the Gazan tendency to support any act of resistance against the Israelis, no matter how self-defeating it might be.

Also, I hadn't considered the correlation between Israel's overwhelming reaction in Gaza and sending a message to Iran.

Thanks for posting it.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on November 06, 2009, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 06, 2009, 08:32:43 AM
DPD. If you're like me and fairly ignorant of that whole Israel-Palestine thing, this paints a depressing picture of how completely fucked of a situation it is.
Fascinating yet depressing article R-V. Regretably I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as I should be regarding this situation.
But I suppose that could be said of most of the world including the Israelis and Palestinians themselves.

Glad I read it, I don't know if there are any answers as long as these are the prevalent attitudes...
QuoteThey also underscore the biases that had taken root in each camp: the Israeli belief that Hamas terrorists and the Gazan people were one and the same; the Gazan tendency to support any act of resistance against the Israelis, no matter how self-defeating it might be.

Also, I hadn't considered the correlation between Israel's overwhelming reaction in Gaza and sending a message to Iran.

Thanks for posting it.

Yeah, it left me feeling hopeless. You have to feel terrible for the poor bastards who are born in Gaza and have nothing to do with Hamas, but are dealt a life sentence of being confined to a third world shithole because some fuckheads decided to kidnap teenage soldier and shoot rockets into Israel. And at the same time you feel terrible for Israeli people living in constant fear of said rocket attacks.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on November 06, 2009, 10:36:08 AM
Yeah, it left me feeling hopeless. You have to feel terrible for the poor bastards who are born in Gaza and have nothing to do with Hamas, but are dealt a life sentence of being confined to a third world shithole because some fuckheads decided to kidnap teenage soldier and shoot rockets into Israel. And at the same time you feel terrible for Israeli people living in constant fear of said rocket attacks.
Maybe their parents shouldn't have voted for Hamas.  Maybe their parents shouldn't have allowed the corruption that was Arafat.

Maybe their parents parents shouldn't have vacated the land they were given in 1947 as part of the Partition Plan because the Arab states were going to destroy the new state of Israel.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
By the way, how about this reporting:

QuoteJust before dawn on June 25th, eight Palestinian commandos crawled out of a tunnel into a grove of trees in Kerem Shalom. A new moon was in the sky, making it the darkest night of the month. With mortar fire and anti-tank missiles providing cover, the commandos, some of them disguised in Israeli military uniforms,

A commando is a military term for a type of solider.  Interesting that the New Yorker uses that term give that the Palestinian Authority has no military!

Furthermore, they were dressed in the uniform of their enemy, a violation of international humanitarian law.

These people are terrorists.  The New Yorker, in trying to be fair, has actually tipped the scale in favor of the terrorists.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 10:39:08 AM
Maybe their parents shouldn't have voted for Hamas.  Maybe their parents shouldn't have allowed the corruption that was Arafat.

Maybe their parents parents shouldn't have vacated the land they were given in 1947 as part of the Partition Plan because the Arab states were going to destroy the new state of Israel.

That seems a bit harsh. When judging their baseball opinions, I wouldn't hold it against your kids that their internet dad is wrong about everything.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 10:39:08 AM

Chuck, I agree with your points but what should  happen going forward?
Because of the past and the current entrenched attitudes how does anything get resolved?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on November 06, 2009, 11:13:57 AM
Chuck, I agree with your points but what should  happen going forward?
Because of the past and the current entrenched attitudes how does anything get resolved?
The Paly people have to want new leadership.  As of today, most of the people are so isolated and lied to about what is actually happening in the real world and their kids are indoctrinated into a world of Jew hating (http://www.pmw.org.il/BookReport_Eng.pdf).  You figure that sooner or later, some of the kids who attend schools overseas will see that hate has only benefited the leaders of the terrorist groups and gotten the general population nothing.  One of those kids will rise up and become a leader.

But, for the most part, the Paly's are like the joke about how many psychiatrists it takes to change a light bulb.  The bulb has to want to change.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Question.........if/when Health Care reform is put in place, should people be sent to jail and fined for not having insurance?

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 03:10:58 PM
Question.........if/when Health Care reform is put in place, should people be sent to jail and fined for not having insurance?

No.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Do you have car insurance?  It's the law.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 03:17:51 PM

I have a feeling Mike C. drives a tank around Iowa.  Do those need to be insured?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 03:10:58 PMQuestion.........if/when Health Care reform is put in place, should people be sent to jail

No.

Quote from: MikeC on November 06, 2009, 03:10:58 PMand fined for not having insurance?

Yes, with some exemptions based on affordability and religious objections. Next question?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on November 06, 2009, 03:24:52 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 06, 2009, 03:17:51 PM

I have a feeling Mike C. drives a tank around Iowa.  Do those need to be insured?
Tank or Segway?