News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,295 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2928 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 28, 2009, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: Fork on December 28, 2009, 02:19:02 PM
HUTCHINS!
That site could induce seizures.

The questions posed by "Josh" at that web site are very pertinent.  I am eagerly awaiting Mr. Hutchins' responses.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #2929 on: December 29, 2009, 07:27:09 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 28, 2009, 03:36:57 PM
HUTCHINS!

The questions posed by "Josh" at that web site are very pertinent.  I am eagerly awaiting Mr. Hutchins' responses.

Awesomeness: He wishes everyone a happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, and Happy Winter Solstice (!).
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2930 on: December 29, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 28, 2009, 03:36:57 PM
HUTCHINS!

They were more pertinent when posed to Dr. Laura, who couldn't weasel out by virtue of the New Covenant.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Another Obama promise bites the dust.

How is that promise to put all negotiations of the Health Care bill  on C-span? Its not like he made it a one time comment and never said it again. He said it over and over again.

He wanted to make sure we could see what the choices are, who is making arguements on behalf of their consituents or the drug companies, and of course it will be transparent.

C-Span has been denied and Nancy Pelosi had this to say....

Quote"There has never been a more open process for any legislation," Pelosi said at a press conference.

Pelosi also hinted that holding informal negotiations--likely without TV cameras--might be the most practical way to push the legislation through.

"We will do what is necessary to pass the bill," Pelosi said.

You got to love the lies coming out of DC. And they aren't even trying to be sneaky about it. It reminds me of the beginning of the Iraq War and the Iraqi Information Minister saying they have slaughtered the Americans and that they are not in the city, when in fact they were nearby his location and could be seen from the hotel. There is an audience for gullible people and it seems its Democrats voters. Because if Obama and Nancy say it, you know its  100% true.

BTW, i was giddy as hell as the main guy in charge of the Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac disaster, helper of porkulus and reciever of sweet heart loans, Chris Dodd will retire. Never has one Democrat cost this nation so many trillions of dollars based on his stupidity and his stupidity alone. He famously stood on that wall and claimed nothing was ever wrong with FM and FM, while the Bush administration pushed for reform. He was then a key player in trying to decide how clean up the mess (that he helped create) and screw this nation out of a trillion+ more.

There is incompetence, and then there is Chris Dodd incompetence. He went from untouchable for re-election to a dead heat in less than a year thanks to Tea Party protests and sites like InstaPundit who continued to pound home his hypocrisy, his lies, and his sweet heart deals he made in back rooms to ignore the obvious.

I should also mention he has a prominent role in the health care debate. Nothing like ending your career with a few trillion dollar fuck ups. When Chris Dodd screws up, he goes all in, he doesnt leave anything to chance.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
You do know that Obama and Pelosi are different people.

You do know about separation of powers and that Obama has no control over the Legislative Branch.

You do know that this is, primarily, a sports forum.

You do know that Andre Dawson got in the Hall of Fame yesterday.

You do know that cutting and pasting stuff here doesn't sway anyone's opinion.

Nah.  You don't know any of that.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on January 07, 2010, 09:28:36 AM

How is that promise to put all negotiations of the Health Care bill  on C-span? Its not like he made it a one time comment and never said it again. He said it over and over again.

He wanted to make sure we could see what the choices are, who is making arguements on behalf of their consituents or the drug companies, and of course it will be transparent.

Quote"There has never been a more open process for any legislation," Pelosi said at a press conference.

Pelosi also hinted that holding informal negotiations--likely without TV cameras--might be the most practical way to push the legislation through.

You got to love the lies coming out of DC. And they aren't even trying to be sneaky about it. It reminds me of the beginning of the Iraq War and the Iraqi Information Minister saying they have slaughtered the Americans and that they are not in the city, when in fact they were nearby his location and could be seen from the hotel. There is an audience for gullible people and it seems its Democrats voters. Because if Obama and Nancy say it, you know its  100% true.

BTW, i was giddy as hell as the main guy in charge of the Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac disaster, helper of porkulus and reciever of sweet heart loans, Chris Dodd will retire. Never has one Democrat cost this nation so many trillions of dollars based on his stupidity and his stupidity alone. He famously stood on that wall and claimed nothing was ever wrong with FM and FM, while the Bush administration pushed for reform. He was then a key player in trying to decide how clean up the mess (that he helped create) and screw this nation out of a trillion+ more.

There is incompetence, and then there is Chris Dodd incompetence. He went from untouchable for re-election to a dead heat in less than a year thanks to Tea Party protests and sites like InstaPundit who continued to pound home his hypocrisy, his lies, and his sweet heart deals he made in back rooms to ignore the obvious.

I should also mention he has a prominent role in the health care debate. Nothing like ending your career with a few trillion dollar fuck ups. When Chris Dodd screws up, he goes all in, he doesnt leave anything to chance.

Starting off the New Year.

MikeC 1, Librul Scum 0

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

How is that promise to put all negotiations of the Health Care bill  on C-span? Its not like he made it a one time comment and never said it again. He said it over and over again.

You got to love the lies coming out of DC. And they aren't even trying to be sneaky about it. It reminds me of the beginning of the Iraq War and the Iraqi Information Minister saying they have slaughtered the Americans and that they are not in the city, when in fact they were nearby his location and could be seen from the hotel. There is an audience for gullible people and it seems its Democrats voters. Because if Obama and Nancy say it, you know its  100% true.

You got to love that Chris Dodd retiring greatly increases the chances of librul scum holding on to that Senate seat. Will this Teabagger victory parade be as triumphant as the one in the 23rd district in New York?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 07, 2010, 09:36:42 AM

You do know that this is, primarily, a sports forum.

Nah.  You don't know any of that.

You do know that this is a thread for political shit.
TIME TO POST!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
BTW, i was giddy as hell as the main guy in charge of the Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac disaster, helper of porkulus and reciever of sweet heart loans, Chris Dodd will retire.

Porkulus, indeed. As I have no doubt already mentioned, Eli Wallach took care of such grandstanding in Circle of Iron some time ago. But with class.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
An interesting, semi-optimistic look at whether or not America is F'd in the A.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/201001/american-decline

Quote"We scream about our problems, but as long as we have the immigrants, and the universities, we'll be fine," James McGregor, an American businessman and author who has lived in China for years, told me.

QuoteAmericans often fret about the troops of engineers and computer scientists marching out of Chinese universities. They should calm down. Each fall, Shanghai's Jiao Tong University produces a ranking of the world's universities based mainly on scientific-research papers. All such rankings are imprecise, but the pattern is clear. Of the top 20 on the latest list, 17 are American, the exceptions being Cambridge (No. 4), Oxford (No. 10), and the University of Tokyo (No. 20). Of the top 100 in the world, zero are Chinese.

QuoteThe American Society of Civil Engineers prepares a "report card" on the state of America's infrastructure—roads, bridges, dams, etc. In the latest version, the overall "GPA" for the United States was D, and the cost of bringing all systems up to adequacy was estimated at $2.2 trillion over the next five years, or twice as much as is now budgeted by all levels of government. In 1988, the comparable study gave an overall grade of C, with many items getting B's. Now, the very highest grade was for solid-waste systems, at C+, or "mediocre." Roads, dams, hazardous-waste systems, school buildings, and public drinking water all received a D or D–. The average dam in the United States is 50 years old. "More than 26%, or one in four, of the nation's bridges are either structurally deficient or functionally obsolete," according to the latest report.

QuoteWhen the U.S. Senate was created, the most populous state, Virginia, had 10 times as many people as the least populous, Delaware. Giving them the same two votes in the Senate was part of the intricate compromise over regional, economic, and slave-state/free-state interests that went into the Constitution. Now the most populous state, California, has 69 times as many people as the least populous, Wyoming, yet they have the same two votes in the Senate. A similarly inflexible business organization would still have a major Whale Oil Division; a military unit would be mainly fusiliers and cavalry. No one would propose such a system in a constitution written today, but without a revolution, it's unchangeable. Similarly, since it takes 60 votes in the Senate to break a filibuster on controversial legislation, 41 votes is in effect a blocking minority. States that together hold about 12 percent of the U.S. population can provide that many Senate votes. This converts the Senate from the "saucer" George Washington called it, in which scalding ideas from the more temperamental House might "cool," into a deep freeze and a dead weight.

The Senate's then-famous "Gang of Six," which controlled crucial aspects of last year's proposed health-care legislation, came from states that together held about 3 percent of the total U.S. population; 97 percent of the public lives in states not included in that group. (Just to round this out, more than half of all Americans live in the 10 most populous states—which together account for 20 of the Senate's 100 votes.)

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on January 08, 2010, 09:10:21 AM
An interesting, semi-optimistic look at whether or not America is F'd in the A.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/201001/american-decline

Quote"We scream about our problems, but as long as we have the immigrants, and the universities, we'll be fine," James McGregor, an American businessman and author who has lived in China for years, told me.

QuoteAmericans often fret about the troops of engineers and computer scientists marching out of Chinese universities. They should calm down. Each fall, Shanghai's Jiao Tong University produces a ranking of the world's universities based mainly on scientific-research papers. All such rankings are imprecise, but the pattern is clear. Of the top 20 on the latest list, 17 are American, the exceptions being Cambridge (No. 4), Oxford (No. 10), and the University of Tokyo (No. 20). Of the top 100 in the world, zero are Chinese.

I'll go one step further- it's not as important where folks get their education compared with where they are employed, paying taxes, and otherwise contributing the benefits of their education.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: motown on January 08, 2010, 09:16:29 AM
I'll go one step further- it's not as important where folks get their education compared with where they are employed, paying taxes, and otherwise contributing the benefits of their education.

I'll take yet another step: any such ranking based on the Science Citation Index, as the Jiao Tong one appears to be, is a load of horseshit. Academic publishing is not a magic box, and it is certain that China has been pushing for years for publication in "occidental" journals rather than those that formerly appeared in translation. This leads to quite a bit of self-citation and frank gibberish. It's not a measure of anything in particular.