News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,281 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #3000 on: January 19, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on January 19, 2010, 09:24:43 PM
Say....what about that Scott Brown fellow? Went from not a chance in hell to winning it.

Fuck its silent in here.......

Dude. I was seriously going to come in here and say "que MikeC". You ruined it.

I think the surprise for some was not that he won, but that healthcare "reform" turned out to be such deadweight for Dems.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #3001 on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on January 19, 2010, 10:15:34 PM
Say....what about that Scott Brown fellow? Went from not a chance in hell to winning it.

I think the surprise for some was not that he won, but that healthcare "reform" turned out to be such deadweight for Dems.

The polls don't bear that out.  I lean more towards the economy's in the shitter and voters are angry about it and this:

QuoteThis is about an arrogant state party, a horrible and lazy candidate who was unprepared and unmotivated, out of touch with the voters, incapable or unwilling to put in the work and shake the hands and massage the egos and put in the hours, and they got their asses handed to them. I'm sure the exit polling will give us more information, but right now it looks to me that this was about the fundamentals of running a good campaign. Coakley and company didn't adhere to them.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club

To quote the "only memorable line..."

People who treat government like sports and literally root for their "team" to win regardless of the situation can shampoo my crotch.  

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #3003 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:08 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 19, 2010, 10:23:06 PM

The polls don't bear that out.  I lean more towards the economy's in the shitter and voters are angry about it and this:

QuoteThis is about an arrogant state party, a horrible and lazy candidate who was unprepared and unmotivated, out of touch with the voters, incapable or unwilling to put in the work and shake the hands and massage the egos and put in the hours, and they got their asses handed to them. I'm sure the exit polling will give us more information, but right now it looks to me that this was about the fundamentals of running a good campaign. Coakley and company didn't adhere to them.

Hmmm. Not sure the original poll bore that opinion out.  Regardless, Dems will have an interesting time passing the reform bill and getting over in November... not that I think republicans are going to do any better. I will be interested to see polling that shows why MA voted the way they did.  Interesting.   

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The fundamentals of running a good campaign? I read a bunch of horse shit today about how the Democrats only just realized last week or something that this thing wasn't in the bag. I guess there's merit to the theory that a full-court press from the outset would have been the best strategy considering all the FAIL that was on the line if this dumbass Brown got fatass Kennedy's seat.

It all makes a hill of beans if you ask me but it's nice to see the arrogance that the Dems have trotted out for the past 365+ days meet its just ends right here tonight. I wish I still had a Republican party to root for like a sports team but they make Wannstedt's Bears look competent by comparison.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #3005 on: January 19, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 19, 2010, 11:02:02 PM
The fundamentals of running a good campaign? I read a bunch of horse shit today about how the Democrats only just realized last week or something that this thing wasn't in the bag. I guess there's merit to the theory that a full-court press from the outset would have been the best strategy considering all the FAIL that was on the line if this dumbass Brown got fatass Kennedy's seat.

It all makes a hill of beans if you ask me but it's nice to see the arrogance that the Dems have trotted out for the past 365+ days meet its just ends right here tonight. I wish I still had a Republican party to root for like a sports team but they make Wannstedt's Bears look competent by comparison.

Motherf'ing tit zoom spinning THI.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3006 on: January 20, 2010, 12:11:24 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 19, 2010, 09:47:02 PM
I didn't know about this election until today. A Republican won. That's nice. I still don't know the Dem-Repub totals. Don't care. I'd rather worry about titties, Fagstats, homogheymes, and JOing later tonight.

Right on, Yeti.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's so quiet in here because we're so wrong and you're so right.

About everything.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3008 on: January 20, 2010, 06:40:33 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on January 19, 2010, 10:46:08 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 19, 2010, 10:23:06 PM

Hmmm. Not sure the original poll bore that opinion out.  Regardless, Dems will have an interesting time passing the reform bill and getting over in November... not that I think republicans are going to do any better. I will be interested to see polling that shows why MA voted the way they did.  Interesting.

Agreed. The only option left is for the House to just pass the Senate bill as is, but I don't know if that'll hai. I know this has been brought up before but in a normal non-fubar majority rule democracy, the majority party dropping from 60 to 59 votes wouldn't be POLITICAL ARMAGEDDON.

As for why Brown won, according to the gasbags on MSNBC's Morning Blow, his open support for waterboarding pushed him over the top with independent voters. Alright America!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 19, 2010, 11:02:02 PM

I think part of the arrogance was Coakley's whole "Fenway Park" gaffe, after which Brown showed up anywhere there were 2 or more people - which is how candidates should run anyway.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: fiveouts on January 19, 2010, 10:24:09 PM

People who treat government like sports and literally root for their "team" to win regardless of the situation can shampoo my crotch.  

In principle, I see what you mean here. However, this isn't merely rooting for the Republican for the Republican's sake, it's a key vote that can break the supermajority. If you're in opposition to many of the policies of the party in power, that's a seriously important seat. Also, are you suggesting that the people here interested in seeing Coakley win Weren't just rooting for the Democrat for the Democrat's sake, but rather on Coakley's merits as a candidate? Because I'm somehow doubting that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3011 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2010, 07:45:49 AM

In principle, I see what you mean here. However, this isn't merely rooting for the Republican for the Republican's sake, it's a key vote that can break the supermajority. If you're in opposition to many of the policies of the party in power, that's a seriously important seat. Also, are you suggesting that the people here interested in seeing Coakley win Weren't just rooting for the Democrat for the Democrat's sake, but rather on Coakley's merits as a candidate? Because I'm somehow doubting that.

Not to put words in his mouth, but he's saying you're all fucking batty.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3012 on: January 20, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 20, 2010, 08:40:59 AM

Batty crazy or batty ghey?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3013 on: January 20, 2010, 08:46:38 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 20, 2010, 08:45:10 AM

I don't know what batty ghey means.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3014 on: January 20, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 20, 2010, 08:45:10 AM

I'll be damned if I ever have to choose between the two.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015