News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #3015 on: January 20, 2010, 08:50:07 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 20, 2010, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 20, 2010, 08:45:10 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 20, 2010, 08:40:59 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2010, 07:45:49 AM
Quote from: fiveouts on January 19, 2010, 10:24:09 PM
Quote from: MikeC on January 19, 2010, 09:24:43 PM
Say....what about that Scott Brown fellow? Went from not a chance in hell to winning it.

Fuck its silent in here.......

To quote the "only memorable line..."

People who treat government like sports and literally root for their "team" to win regardless of the situation can shampoo my crotch.  

In principle, I see what you mean here. However, this isn't merely rooting for the Republican for the Republican's sake, it's a key vote that can break the supermajority. If you're in opposition to many of the policies of the party in power, that's a seriously important seat. Also, are you suggesting that the people here interested in seeing Coakley win Weren't just rooting for the Democrat for the Democrat's sake, but rather on Coakley's merits as a candidate? Because I'm somehow doubting that.

Not to put words in his mouth, but he's saying you're all fucking batty.

Batty crazy or batty ghey?

I don't know what batty ghey means.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
To be fair, the silence WASN'T deafening. Gil Gunderson referenced Coakley being in danger earlier on Tuesday with a Dead Pool post. Those who met at Kitty O'Shea's were predicting DOOOOOOOM for Coakley. By the way, for as rancorous the political landscape is and as heated as the discussions get here, and as opposed some of us are to each others' politics, it IS amazing that a barroom brawl didn't erupt between Morph-Bill Cadigan-Me on one side and ThrillHo-Oleg-Jon on the other. Or maybe this is not North Korea and we can remain friends and argue in good faith and buy each other beers. What a country! U-S-A! U-S-A!

However, Fiveouts is right in that taunting the loser in an election is bad form. Scott Brown's win is good news for those more conservative than the government's agenda, just as Obama's win (and the Dems' overall ass-kicking in the House and Senate in '06 and '08) was good news for the Left.

However, are we just rooting for "laundry" in politics too? Voting for laundry gave us George Ryan and Rod Blagojevich. And City Council. Yay?

But Scott Brown is a good win for the right. So I'm happy. Cheers!

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #3017 on: January 20, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »
Say....what about that Scott Brown fellow? Went from not a chance in hell to winning it.

People who treat government like sports and literally root for their "team" to win regardless of the situation can shampoo my crotch.  

In principle, I see what you mean here. However, this isn't merely rooting for the Republican for the Republican's sake, it's a key vote that can break the supermajority. If you're in opposition to many of the policies of the party in power, that's a seriously important seat. Also, are you suggesting that the people here interested in seeing Coakley win Weren't just rooting for the Democrat for the Democrat's sake, but rather on Coakley's merits as a candidate? Because I'm somehow doubting that.

THI.  

Pretty much anyone who supported that incompetent mess Coakley is no better than the people who supported the Steve Stone wannabe Brown.  That was a terrible race that represented every suckitude that politics has to offer.  Nobody should have been celebrating (or crying about) that crap fest.  

Besides that and regardless of what anyone thinks about the merits of health care reform, if Democrats can't pass a reasonable version of the bill they chose to bring to the floor and championed for a year and a half with an eighteen seat fucking majority, they don't deserve to govern in the first place.  

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on January 20, 2010, 08:56:43 AM
To be fair, the silence WASN'T deafening. Gil Gunderson referenced Coakley being in danger earlier on Tuesday with a Dead Pool post. Those who met at Kitty O'Shea's were predicting DOOOOOOOM for Coakley. By the way, for as rancorous the political landscape is and as heated as the discussions get here, and as opposed some of us are to each others' politics, it IS amazing that a barroom brawl didn't erupt between Morph-Bill Cadigan-Me on one side and ThrillHo-Oleg-Jon on the other. Or maybe this is not North Korea and we can remain friends and argue in good faith and buy each other beers. What a country! U-S-A! U-S-A!

However, Fiveouts is right in that taunting the loser in an election is bad form. Scott Brown's win is good news for those more conservative than the government's agenda, just as Obama's win (and the Dems' overall ass-kicking in the House and Senate in '06 and '08) was good news for the Left.

However, are we just rooting for "laundry" in politics too? Voting for laundry gave us George Ryan and Rod Blagojevich. And City Council. Yay?

I'm in complete agreement that Mike C was being a douche, and I'm certainly not going to gloat about how "quiet" the Democrats are when they hold 59 seats and the House. I'm not fond of the direction the Republicans are going, either. I just resent the notion that my rooting for a Republican to win a key seat, or any seat in the Senate really, when the party whose policies I oppose more often than not held a supermajority, is some kind of mindless Republican flag waving.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3019 on: January 20, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on January 20, 2010, 08:59:31 AM

THI.  

Pretty much anyone who supported that incompetent mess Coakley is no better than the people who supported the Steve Stone wannabe Brown.  That was a terrible race that represented every suckitude that politics has to offer.  Nobody should have been celebrating (or crying about) that crap fest.  

Besides that and regardless of what anyone thinks about the merits of health care reform, if Democrats can't pass a reasonable version of the bill they chose to bring to the floor and championed for a year and a half with an eighteen seat fucking majority, they don't deserve to govern in the first place.  

If there's anything I've learned here, it's that the Democrats might be a more pathetic collective than the '03 Tigers.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3020 on: January 20, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 20, 2010, 08:56:43 AM

I think the bolded is the most important. Unless you're Mike C, we're all cool with each other's opinions and after the poo flinging is over, it's nice to know we can have a beer or 17 and scream "Cubs suck!" at the top of our bitter lungs.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Not batty "ha ha." Batty "ghey."
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3022 on: January 20, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 20, 2010, 09:04:19 AM

THI.  

If there's anything I've learned here, it's that the Democrats might be a more pathetic collective than the '03 Tigers.

If there's anything I've learned here, it's that hatred, bile, and voter discontent are bad pillars for a politic platform. The Democrats rode the vast wave of anger people had at George Bush to massive gains in 06 and 08, and now that they're governing, and life still sucks, people are quick to sweep them out as well. I'm momentarily happy that the pendulum might possibly be swinging back the other way, but the fact of the matter is I don't believe that Republicans in office would have any plan to sustain that momentum, and they'd collapse the same way the Democratic platform is faltering. I just don't see how this cycle of negativity ends well for the American people.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3023 on: January 20, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2010, 09:09:48 AM

THI.  

If there's anything I've learned here, it's that hatred, bile, and voter discontent are bad pillars for a politic platform. The Democrats rode the vast wave of anger people had at George Bush to massive gains in 06 and 08, and now that they're governing, and life still sucks, people are quick to sweep them out as well. I'm momentarily happy that the pendulum might possibly be swinging back the other way, but the fact of the matter is I don't believe that Republicans in office would have any plan to sustain that momentum, and they'd collapse the same way the Democratic platform is faltering. I just don't see how this cycle of negativity ends well for the American people.

It could mean that more and more moderates and independents start forming some sort of third party in which people try to come up with actual solutions to actual problems instead of trying to control large sections of the population through fear and batty "ha ha"s on either side are left without a home. Maybe even a little bit of this would be better than what we have had since we started this whole democracy thing.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3024 on: January 20, 2010, 09:15:45 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 20, 2010, 09:05:49 AM
I think the bolded is the most important. Unless you're Mike C, we're all cool with each other's opinions and after the poo flinging is over, it's nice to know we can have a beer or 17 and scream "Cubs suck!" at the top of our bitter lungs.

The best part is that people are also free to stop caring about politics, like I have.  Like is so much less stressful.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3025 on: January 20, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 20, 2010, 09:15:45 AM

The best part is that people are also free to stop caring about politics, like I have.  Like is so much less stressful.

Well yeah, but this is the politics thread.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3026 on: January 20, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 20, 2010, 09:15:13 AM

THI.  

It could mean that more and more moderates and independents start forming some sort of third party in which people try to come up with actual solutions to actual problems instead of trying to control large sections of the population through fear and batty "ha ha"s on either side are left without a home. Maybe even a little bit of this would be better than what we have had since we started this whole democracy thing.

I really can't believe I'm agreeing with Oleg, but the more I think about it, proportional representation would be a much better solution for the problems that ail this country than the current winner-take-all situation. You'd still have the Democrats and Republicans filling the moderate roles and getting the majority of the seats like Labour and Conservatives in the UK, but you'd have your parties for Christians, Socialists, and other left or right voting blocs. Maybe voter turnout would increase and it would take something other than an incredibly pissed off populace to get something done.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3027 on: January 20, 2010, 09:26:02 AM »

How is your like these days? Beyond less stressful, that is.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3028 on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:52 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 20, 2010, 09:26:02 AM

How is your like these days? Beyond less stressful, that is.

It like totally less stressful and stuff?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3029 on: January 20, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2010, 09:23:32 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 20, 2010, 09:15:13 AM

THI.  

I really can't believe I'm agreeing with Oleg, but the more I think about it, proportional representation would be a much better solution for the problems that ail this country than the current winner-take-all situation. You'd still have the Democrats and Republicans filling the moderate roles and getting the majority of the seats like Labour and Conservatives in the UK, but you'd have your parties for Christians, Socialists, and other left or right voting blocs. Maybe voter turnout would increase and it would take something other than an incredibly pissed off populace to get something done.

I know the idea of an actual viable 3rd, 4th, 5th...etc. party would make me more likely to vote for someone I agree with, as opposed to my usual path of holding my nose and voting against someone I find repugnant.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche