News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,589 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 16, 2009, 10:26:48 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 16, 2009, 09:54:15 AM
Quote from: Weebs on June 16, 2009, 09:38:31 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 16, 2009, 09:34:08 AM
Quote from: Slak on June 16, 2009, 09:07:39 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 16, 2009, 08:24:15 AM
Send up the IAN signal when there's news on Tiger Woods 2010, if it ever goes on teh sale.

I like how you can take each shot and upload it to the server as a challenge for someone else to beat. Then you can go into the menus and play other people's challenges for points. Pretty cool and gives you another reason to keep playing the game.

I'm having a blast with it so far.

Neck and neck with Tiger heading into Sunday of my second career tourney at Torrey Pines.

I believe I read that there are 16 courses available in 2010?  How's the player customization--clothes, equipment brands, course atmosphere, etc.?  Know of any DL courses out there?

You and those courses.  EA will obviously release another 50 as DLC in the coming months.

There are a flabillion golf courses in the United States.  There are googleflabillion golf courses in the world.  There's even one on the moon.  You think it's too much to ask that EA release four or so golf courses as DL support for the game, even if I'm willing to drop 200 Microsoft Points each to do so?  Do you work for EA?  You sure do defend them to the death.

As far as customization: You can have your face rendered by EA if you submit them a front and side picture of yourself (If you wear glasses, don't wear them on the pictures.. It will just create a strange ring around your eyes that makes it look like you have bags around them.). There are tons of shirts, pants, shoes, gloves, clubs, grips, shafts, balls, glasses, watches, and hats of many different brands that you can purchase with your tour and bonus money winnings. The only thing I don't like about them is that certain clothes provide attribute boosts. While that's nice to have, it also takes a little away from dressing your player in the clothes that you want them to be in and it entices you to buy clothes that are going to help your character. For example, right now, I have a visor on that helps my accuracy... but I don't really want the thing.

Good game so far buddy... Good game

There's a GameStop around the corner from my hotel.  I'll probably bite the bullet at lunch today.  Although, I doubt I'll be online until Friday when I get back home.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 16, 2009, 10:34:05 AM
Send up the IAN signal when there's news on Tiger Woods 2010, if it ever goes on teh sale.

I like how you can take each shot and upload it to the server as a challenge for someone else to beat. Then you can go into the menus and play other people's challenges for points. Pretty cool and gives you another reason to keep playing the game.

Neck and neck with Tiger heading into Sunday of my second career tourney at Torrey Pines.

I believe I read that there are 16 courses available in 2010?  How's the player customization--clothes, equipment brands, course atmosphere, etc.?  Know of any DL courses out there?

You and those courses.  EA will obviously release another 50 as DLC in the coming months.

There are a flabillion golf courses in the United States.  There are googleflabillion golf courses in the world.  There's even one on the moon.  You think it's too much to ask that EA release four or so golf courses as DL support for the game, even if I'm willing to drop 200 Microsoft Points each to do so?  Do you work for EA?  You sure do defend them to the death.

As far as customization: You can have your face rendered by EA if you submit them a front and side picture of yourself (If you wear glasses, don't wear them on the pictures.. It will just create a strange ring around your eyes that makes it look like you have bags around them.). There are tons of shirts, pants, shoes, gloves, clubs, grips, shafts, balls, glasses, watches, and hats of many different brands that you can purchase with your tour and bonus money winnings. The only thing I don't like about them is that certain clothes provide attribute boosts. While that's nice to have, it also takes a little away from dressing your player in the clothes that you want them to be in and it entices you to buy clothes that are going to help your character. For example, right now, I have a visor on that helps my accuracy... but I don't really want the thing.

There's a GameStop around the corner from my hotel.  I'll probably bite the bullet at lunch today.  Although, I doubt I'll be online until Friday when I get back home.

Guy from out of town going into a video game store full of kids?

Nothing creepy about that at all...nosiree...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 16, 2009, 10:45:35 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 16, 2009, 10:34:05 AM

Guy from out of town going into a video game store full of kids?

Nothing creepy about that at all...nosiree...

You haven't been in a video game store lately, have you?
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »
If for some reason any of you, like me, do not currently have an active Gold Membership on Xbox Live, they're offering one month for $1 right now.  I don't think the promotion lasts long, but it was a nice surprise when I decided to renew my subscription today.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 18, 2009, 06:53:21 PM
If for some reason any of you, like me

Nope.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2009, 07:03:48 PM »
If for some reason any of you, like me, do not currently have an active Gold Membership on Xbox Live, they're offering one month for $1 right now.  I don't think the promotion lasts long, but it was a nice surprise when I decided to renew my subscription today.

While it's not as good of a deal, I realized you can buy XBL subscription codes on Amazon at a discount from the standard rate of $6/mo. Right now they're going for $38.97. You also receive the code online which is nice. Saved me a trip to Best Buy for an actual card.

Edit: Sorry, $38.97 for 13 months. Not one month.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 18, 2009, 07:03:48 PM

While it's not as good of a deal, I realized you can buy XBL subscription codes on Amazon at a discount from the standard rate of $6/mo. Right now they're going for $38.97. You also receive the code online which is nice. Saved me a trip to Best Buy for an actual card.

Along the same lines, I've always found this to be a pretty good deal: 12 months of Live with Project Gotham Racing 4, the keyboard messenger attachment, and a headset for $59.  Not bad, especially if you have a broken headset.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2009, 10:13:56 AM »
If you don't have it already, Call of Duty World at War is $40 at Game Stop.  They also will give you 120% trade in credit when your trade in is used to purchase NCAA Football 2010.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/061909/default.aspx?&affid=3002&WT.mc_id=061909nl
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 19, 2009, 10:13:56 AM
If you don't have it already, Call of Duty World at War is $40 at Game Stop.  They also will give you 120% trade in credit when your trade in is used to purchase NCAA Football 2010.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/061909/default.aspx?&affid=3002&WT.mc_id=061909nl

Looks like I can finally trade in my copy of Pokemon Diamond!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »
The new Bionic Commando for all systems at Gamestop.  $20.  The reviews were mediocre, but $20 is pretty damn cheap.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
Oh, and apparently a few other ones are $20, as well.  Weebs, weren't you talking about wanting HAWX?  Now is your chance.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 08, 2009, 04:26:36 PM
Oh, and apparently a few other ones are $20, as well.  Weebs, weren't you talking about wanting HAWX?  Now is your chance.

You can see all the games here.

I have really wanted to get HAWX, and $20 is about the price where I won't feel too bad if it sucks.  Also on there is Wheelman, which for anyone who hasn't played it, is actually pretty fun.  I downloaded the demo a while back and it was surprisingly cool.  I don't know how the story or any of that crap is, and there are some on-foot segments that don't seem particularly interesting, the but driving is pretty fun. It's sort of like playing Burnout, but you get to jump between cars, spin them around and shoot at the car behind you, and do a bunch of other cool, Vin Diesel shit.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2009, 09:43:11 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 09, 2009, 09:39:30 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 08, 2009, 04:26:36 PM
a bunch of other cool, Vin Diesel shit.

That exists?

Brothers in Arms is maybe worth the $20, if you want to virtually relive WWII for the 907th time.