News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,620 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2009, 10:05:20 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on July 09, 2009, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: Weebs on July 09, 2009, 09:39:30 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 08, 2009, 04:26:36 PM
Oh, and apparently a few other ones are $20, as well.  Weebs, weren't you talking about wanting HAWX?  Now is your chance.
a bunch of other cool, Vin Diesel shit.

That exists?

Brothers in Arms is maybe worth the $20, if you want to virtually relive WWII for the 907th time.

I never liked the other Brothers in Arms because the squad based stuff wasn't something I liked. On a whim, I bought Hell's Highway and it was pretty damn fun.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on July 09, 2009, 10:05:20 AM
Oh, and apparently a few other ones are $20, as well.  Weebs, weren't you talking about wanting HAWX?  Now is your chance.

That exists?

Brothers in Arms is maybe worth the $20, if you want to virtually relive WWII for the 907th time.

I never liked the other Brothers in Arms because the squad based stuff wasn't something I liked. On a whim, I bought Hell's Highway and it was pretty damn fun.

Might as well pick up Bionic Commando and probably finally get Force Unleashed and then grab the DLC for that.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 09, 2009, 12:45:09 PM

That exists?

Might as well pick up Bionic Commando and probably finally get Force Unleashed and then grab the DLC for that.

It's not even worth $20.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:16 PM »

That exists?

I picked up Bionic Commando, too.  The reviews were good enough to take a chance at $20, and I love the IP on which it's based.  I agree with Weebs on Force Unleashed (and I'm sure Pre will, too).  I didn't even bother with the full game, because the demo was absolute garbage.
Hire Jim Essian!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 09, 2009, 01:23:16 PM

That exists?

I picked up Bionic Commando, too.  The reviews were good enough to take a chance at $20, and I love the IP on which it's based.  I agree with Weebs on Force Unleashed (and I'm sure Pre will, too).  I didn't even bother with the full game, because the demo was absolute garbage.

I rented it the first week I got the nerd box and loved it.  Maybe its the star wars geek in me mixed with the 3rd person game which is what I love on consoles.  I thought it was great.  I'm still in Detroit until monday, away from my precious white box of nerdlove though. 

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »
Quote from: Poon on July 10, 2009, 10:44:24 AM

That exists?

I rented it the first week I got the nerd box and loved it.  Maybe its the star wars geek in me mixed with the 3rd person game which is what I love on consoles.  I thought it was great.  I'm still in Detroit until monday, away from my precious white box of nerdlove though. 

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't yet, pick up the Knights of the Old Republic games for the original Xbox.  I actually haven't played much of the sequel, but the original is one of the best games (and RPGs) of all time.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2009, 11:41:28 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 10, 2009, 11:37:16 AM

That exists?

Do yourself a favor, if you haven't yet, pick up the Knights of the Old Republic games for the original Xbox.  I actually haven't played much of the sequel, but the original is one of the best games (and RPGs) of all time.

I had the first one.  I'm just not much into RPG's unless it's a hack and slash button masher type RPG.  I got bored too easily with KOTOR.  I did have fun getting drunk off my ass one night and watching my buddy play it while I yelled at him that he was doing it wrong.  I'm going to have to try the new MMORPG of SW:TOR when it comes out.  Odds are I'll be sick of it after a month or so, but I'll still have to try it. 

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 10, 2009, 11:41:28 AM
Quote from: Weebs on July 10, 2009, 11:37:16 AM

That exists?

I had the first one.  I'm just not much into RPG's unless it's a hack and slash button masher type RPG.  I got bored too easily with KOTOR.  I did have fun getting drunk off my ass one night and watching my buddy play it while I yelled at him that he was doing it wrong.  I'm going to have to try the new MMORPG of SW:TOR when it comes out.  Odds are I'll be sick of it after a month or so, but I'll still have to try it. 

The Old Republic should be pretty good, although Sony set a pretty high bar for me with Star Wars Galaxies back when it released a long time ago.  Although it eventually epic failed, it was a pretty amazing game and had some awesome ideas.

If you're looking for a more twitch-based, action RPG, play Mass Effect.  I bought it when it came out in 2007 and loved it, and I'm actually about to beat it for a second time now on the PC.  It's a fantastic game and the sequel looks even better.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »
If you guys have a bunch of old games you feel like trading in, now is the time to do it.  Over the past week, I've traded mostly my collection of DS games I don't play anymore, along with some 360 games.  Gamestop has a deal where you get an extra 10% trade-in for 2 games, 20% for 4 games, and 40% for 6 games.  Combine that with the extra 10% you get if you have one of their cards and that's up to 50% bonus.  I've done that twice, and for this weekend they're also doing buy 2, get 1 free on used games.  This week, I've gotten NCAA Football 10, Ninja Gaiden II, Battlefield: Bad Company, Rayman for the Wii, Tiger Woods 10, Killzone 2, and Resident Evil 5 (which I think I'm going to return for Fight Night 4), and I've had to spend a total of $10 out of my own pocket.  Of course, I'm sure I spent way more than all those games are worth for the original purchases, but still, it's worth it if you don't plan on playing your old games anymore.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2009, 02:41:03 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 17, 2009, 11:46:19 AM
If you guys have a bunch of old games you feel like trading in, now is the time to do it.  Over the past week, I've traded mostly my collection of DS games I don't play anymore, along with some 360 games.  Gamestop has a deal where you get an extra 10% trade-in for 2 games, 20% for 4 games, and 40% for 6 games.  Combine that with the extra 10% you get if you have one of their cards and that's up to 50% bonus.  I've done that twice, and for this weekend they're also doing buy 2, get 1 free on used games.  This week, I've gotten NCAA Football 10, Ninja Gaiden II, Battlefield: Bad Company, Rayman for the Wii, Tiger Woods 10, Killzone 2, and Resident Evil 5 (which I think I'm going to return for Fight Night 4), and I've had to spend a total of $10 out of my own pocket.  Of course, I'm sure I spent way more than all those games are worth for the original purchases, but still, it's worth it if you don't plan on playing your old games anymore.

I was debating trading in the first Rock Band and the AC/DC track pack just to get what I could for them and pick something else up but I was wondering if for some reason something messes up with my hard drive and I have to reinstall all of Rock Band 2, would I need the disc to reinstall the songs from RB1 or could I just dl those?  If I need the disc, I'll probably just hold onto the AC/DC too for the hell of it.  I know all I needed was the code off that and I can dl them again, but if I only get a few bucks, I think I'd rather just have the case on the shelf.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 17, 2009, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: Weebs on July 17, 2009, 11:46:19 AM

I was debating trading in the first Rock Band and the AC/DC track pack just to get what I could for them and pick something else up but I was wondering if for some reason something messes up with my hard drive and I have to reinstall all of Rock Band 2, would I need the disc to reinstall the songs from RB1 or could I just dl those?  If I need the disc, I'll probably just hold onto the AC/DC too for the hell of it.  I know all I needed was the code off that and I can dl them again, but if I only get a few bucks, I think I'd rather just have the case on the shelf.

I'm pretty sure after you transfer them from RB1 to RB2, they're just installed onto your hard drive.  You would probably need the disc to get them again, as I'm pretty sure you never actually get the files from online, but rather straight from the disc.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
Hire Jim Essian!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 28, 2009, 11:03:17 AM
Street Fighter IV at Gamestop for $20.  Very good deal.

I was just coming to post that.  For $20 I gotta pick it up.  Wondering if I can get sealed copies and exchange them at another store for a higher priced game.  Damn gamestop for opening most of their copies.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
Quote from: Poon on July 28, 2009, 11:22:41 AM

I was just coming to post that.  For $20 I gotta pick it up.  Wondering if I can get sealed copies and exchange them at another store for a higher priced game.  Damn gamestop for opening most of their copies.

If it's only $20, then I'm sure they have tons in stock.  They usually only open about 4 copies to put on the floor.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 28, 2009, 11:51:31 AM
Quote from: Poon on July 28, 2009, 11:22:41 AM

If it's only $20, then I'm sure they have tons in stock.  They usually only open about 4 copies to put on the floor.

So I guess this is to clear stock for some newer version with extra stuff that's coming out.  Only thing that really sucks about Game Stop with new games is sometimes you'll get an opened copy that they still sell as new.  bleh.