News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,579 )

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 11, 2009, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: MAD on September 11, 2009, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: Weebs on September 11, 2009, 12:24:57 PM
DPD

I decided to open it.  This game is awesome.  I actually thought Rock Band's guitar playing was a lot worse than Guitar Hero's, but the few little changes they made for The Beatles make a huge difference.  Particularly, the rectangles are bigger for hitting notes, so it either gives you a little more leniency or at least makes it feel that way.  Regardless, it's a shitload of fun.

It's really nice outside today.

That's why I'll be playing a double-header in a few hours.

We get it, you're on multiple below .500 softball teams.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on September 11, 2009, 12:33:40 PM
Quote from: Weebs on September 11, 2009, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: MAD on September 11, 2009, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: Weebs on September 11, 2009, 12:24:57 PM
DPD

I decided to open it.  This game is awesome.  I actually thought Rock Band's guitar playing was a lot worse than Guitar Hero's, but the few little changes they made for The Beatles make a huge difference.  Particularly, the rectangles are bigger for hitting notes, so it either gives you a little more leniency or at least makes it feel that way.  Regardless, it's a shitload of fun.

It's really nice outside today.

That's why I'll be playing a double-header in a few hours.

We get it, you're on multiple below .500 softball teams.

He brings value of Milesian proportions to any team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
He meant a double header in softball?  I just thought he meant he would play Rock Band Spice Girls right after Rock Band Beatles.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2009, 02:46:02 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 11, 2009, 12:48:11 PM
He meant a double header in softball?  I just thought he meant he would play Rock Band Spice Girls right after Rock Band Beatles.

There's a Rock Band Spice Girls? Don't mess with me like this. Next thing you'll tell me is Harmonix stole my idea for Boy Band, where you play with five mics and five dance pads.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
DPD

For any PC gamers, Direct2Drive is running a $5 sale for the next 5 4 weeks, and this week has some pretty awesome stuff.  Chronicles of Riddick is only $5, along with Saints Row 2.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »
There are a couple of decent used titles on sale at GameFly.  You don't have to be a member of GameFly to buy used games.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2009, 09:21:36 AM »
I've got a question for anyone who uses Goozex.  What do I do if a game I traded has been delivered to someone, but they're not leaving any feedback so I can get my points?  A game I sent was delivered like 5 days ago and the guy still hasn't left anything.  Is there a process I need to go through with Goozex customer service at some point?

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2009, 09:29:45 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 16, 2009, 09:21:36 AM
I've got a question for anyone who uses Goozex.  What do I do if a game I traded has been delivered to someone, but they're not leaving any feedback so I can get my points?  A game I sent was delivered like 5 days ago and the guy still hasn't left anything.  Is there a process I need to go through with Goozex customer service at some point?

You'll have to interact with an actual human if you deal with customer service on the phone, so I'd say try the internet.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on September 16, 2009, 09:29:45 AM

You'll have to interact with an actual human if you deal with customer service on the phone, so I'd say try the internet.

Congratulations, you've managed to beat a joke further into the ground than Fork.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2009, 11:02:54 AM »

You should have already gotten the points the moment you agreed to send the game.  The only time points are based on feedback is if someone "tips" you with points for delivering the game really quickly or in great condition.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2009, 11:52:45 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 16, 2009, 11:02:54 AM

You should have already gotten the points the moment you agreed to send the game.  The only time points are based on feedback is if someone "tips" you with points for delivering the game really quickly or in great condition.

On my account page, it says:

points traded: 1000 (will earn at positive feedback)

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 16, 2009, 11:52:45 AM

I wonder if that's just for games selling for a lot of points.  Or whether it's a new thing they're doing.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 16, 2009, 12:02:29 PM

I wonder if that's just for games selling for a lot of points.  Or whether it's a new thing they're doing.

I think it's new, because it also happened for a game I sold for only 300 points.  I'm guessing maybe after a certain amount of time, when it's confirmed delivered, the points automatically get added.

But this makes me think, couldn't me and you just "trade" a 1000 point game with each other, send an empty box, and get all the points?

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2009, 12:29:26 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 16, 2009, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 16, 2009, 12:02:29 PM

I think it's new, because it also happened for a game I sold for only 300 points.  I'm guessing maybe after a certain amount of time, when it's confirmed delivered, the points automatically get added.

But this makes me think, couldn't me and you just "trade" a 1000 point game with each other, send an empty box, and get all the points?

You should write a sitcom featuring this very plotline.  I'd DVR it.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »

I would imagine it's because you are a new user.  Once you get a certain
level of feedback it gives you your points right away.  It deducts points from
the person who received the game right away.  They have no real incentive
to not provide feedback.

a) it randomly matches you to people
b) that's absolutely idiotic.  Person 1 gains 1000 points, person 2
loses 1000 points and a dollar.  I like how instead of not sending
anything at all, your brilliant plan involves sending an empty box
so person 1 loses postage costs also.  I can't wait for version two
of this plan where you sell each other items on ebay and then eat
rat poison.