News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,589 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2009, 10:17:38 AM »
Some pretty good used stuff at GameFly.  In my experience with their used discs, they're always in very good shape.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 20, 2009, 10:17:38 AM
Some pretty good used stuff at GameFly.  In my experience with their used discs, they're always in very good shape.

I'm pretty sure the price for HAWX has gotten low enough where there's no reason I shouldn't buy it.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »
This may be somewhere already, but I'm too lazy to look.

QuoteOrder Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and get $20 off a future video game purchase.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get release date delivery free or on the cheap.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 03, 2009, 12:57:23 PM
This may be somewhere already, but I'm too lazy to look.

QuoteOrder Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and get $20 off a future video game purchase.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get release date delivery free or on the cheap.

One more thing, the CoD4 map expansion is half price on XBOX Live.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:16 AM »
Left 4 Dead 2 for $54.99 from Amazon, with a deal for $10 off a future game.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »
The Black Friday deals over at NewEgg are active now.  There's some pretty good prices on there:

http://promotions.newegg.com/games/BlkFri09/index.html

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: November 27, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
Got up early on Thursday and got Dragon Age, the new Need for Speed, Madden 10, Left for Dead 2 and a few other titles for 34.99 each at Best Buy.com.

Can't beat 25 bucks off on new release titles like that, especially Dragon Age and Left for Dead 2.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »
Anyone know any good online sales right now? I heard there were some good ones on Black Friday but I missed that. Apparently NBA 2k10 was 25 bucks at Walmart.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2009, 02:08:44 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 29, 2009, 01:02:18 PM
Anyone know any good online sales right now? I heard there were some good ones on Black Friday but I missed that. Apparently NBA 2k10 was 25 bucks at Walmart.

This is your best place to look for game deals:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

That first article about Amazon price matching Best Buy's deals is pretty good, although I think most of them have ended.  I know the Fifa 10 one for sure.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2009, 11:21:27 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 29, 2009, 02:08:44 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on November 29, 2009, 01:02:18 PM

This is your best place to look for game deals:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

That first article about Amazon price matching Best Buy's deals is pretty good, although I think most of them have ended.  I know the Fifa 10 one for sure.

They kept a lot of the prices low, though.  I missed the Best Buy L4D2 deal, but was able to get it on Amazon for $39.99.  Slak, whenever I'm looking for something specific, I generally check Newegg, Best Buy, and Amazon.  A lot of times, one of the three will have a decent deal.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »
For anybody looking to get a new wireless 360 controller, I highly recommend buying a refurbished one from MicroCenter for only $20.  I'm not sure if there's any way to confirm the quality of it when buying online, but I know the location in Downers Grove on Ogden has a lot that are basically like-new.  I bought one a few weeks ago that didn't have any kind of blemishes on the controller and the rubberized grips on the analog were still perfect.  I saw in the most recent ad that they even have the black controllers now.  It's a pretty awesome deal.  Also, while they don't have PS3 controllers, they do have $20 Wiimotes and $10 Nunchuks.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2009, 09:33:43 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 07, 2009, 09:19:32 AM
For anybody looking to get a new wireless 360 controller, I highly recommend buying a refurbished one from MicroCenter for only $20.  I'm not sure if there's any way to confirm the quality of it when buying online, but I know the location in Downers Grove on Ogden has a lot that are basically like-new.  I bought one a few weeks ago that didn't have any kind of blemishes on the controller and the rubberized grips on the analog were still perfect.  I saw in the most recent ad that they even have the black controllers now.  It's a pretty awesome deal.  Also, while they don't have PS3 controllers, they do have $20 Wiimotes and $10 Nunchuks.

I was actually looking for this kind of thing recently. You're officially useful for today. My dog ate the handle of one of my controllers for 360...it still works but now it has a real nice grip on the right side that digs into my hand. It's actually an improvement. Thanks, Sandy!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 07, 2009, 09:33:43 AM

I was actually looking for this kind of thing recently. You're officially useful for today. My dog ate the handle of one of my controllers for 360...it still works but now it has a real nice grip on the right side that digs into my hand. It's actually an improvement. Thanks, Sandy!

NCAA Football 10 broke one of mine...when it caused me to throw it across the room.  Thankfully, $20 is an awesomely awesome price.  Now I just need to find a place to buy a really cheap battery pack for it.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2009, 10:15:13 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 07, 2009, 10:02:37 AM

NCAA Football 10 broke one of mine...when it caused me to throw it across the room.  Thankfully, $20 is an awesomely awesome price.  Now I just need to find a place to buy a really cheap battery pack for it.

I'm not sure what's worse, Tdubbs the Internet Tough Guy or Weebs the Video Game Tough Guy.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2009, 10:23:41 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 07, 2009, 10:15:13 AM
Quote from: Weebs on December 07, 2009, 10:02:37 AM

I'm not sure what's worse, Tdubbs the Internet Tough Guy or Weebs the Video Game Tough Guy.

I think it's RV, the Point Out Who's The Tough Guy to be the Real Tough Guy.

Actually, it's Weebs.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.