News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,589 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #315 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 21, 2010, 08:42:36 AM
Quote from: Weebs on January 21, 2010, 08:21:47 AM
Quote from: Poon on January 21, 2010, 08:20:18 AM
Yeah, I don't care how cheap Fallout 3 is, I'm still not buying it. 

I bought it on the PC right around when it came out, played until you get out of the vault, and never touched it again.  I really don't understand all the praise it got.

You're both morons.

How do you guys find the time to play so many different games?  I've got a decent collection at home, but all but Modern Warfare 2 are basically collecting dust on my shelf.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:01 AM »

I bought it on the PC right around when it came out, played until you get out of the vault, and never touched it again.  I really don't understand all the praise it got.

You're both morons.

THI

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:05 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2010, 08:51:01 AM

You're both morons.

THI

I spent a good chunk of last night stalking the cliffs of Anchorage taking out Chinese communists with a sniper rifle. Overrated my ass. It was fucking awesome.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »
Quote from: Poon on January 21, 2010, 08:32:22 AM
I guess because it's such a huge game world people go nuts.  Eh, just doesn't look interesting.  I'd rather get around to finally checking out Borderlands on the PC or just wait for Dante's Inferno.  Unfortunately I suckered myself into buying Darksiders to satisfy the urge to play Dante's Inferno.  There's really nothing wrong with the game just like every review said.  It copies elements from other great games really well.  For some reason it's just not a great game.  If that game would have been $40 it would have been fine but no way in hell is it ever worth $60.

Borderlands is awesome.  I've been wanting to buy the DLC and jump back in, but the guys I played most of the campaign with haven't played it in a while, either.

Quote from: Slack-E on January 21, 2010, 09:09:05 AM
I spent a good chunk of last night stalking the cliffs of Anchorage taking out Chinese communists with a sniper rifle. Overrated my ass. It was fucking awesome.

I just couldn't get past some of the terrible animations/models and overall inconsistency with the graphics/design.  Granted, I really didn't like Oblivion either, so I guess I wouldn't like this too much.  I enjoy open world games, but couldn't get into Fallout.

One game I've heard amazing things about is Demon's Souls.  It was up for a lot of Game of the Year awards, and I had never heard about it until weeks after it came out.  Apparently it's incredibly difficult, but really fun and rewarding to go through.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: January 21, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 21, 2010, 09:23:54 AM
I guess because it's such a huge game world people go nuts.  Eh, just doesn't look interesting.  I'd rather get around to finally checking out Borderlands on the PC or just wait for Dante's Inferno.  Unfortunately I suckered myself into buying Darksiders to satisfy the urge to play Dante's Inferno.  There's really nothing wrong with the game just like every review said.  It copies elements from other great games really well.  For some reason it's just not a great game.  If that game would have been $40 it would have been fine but no way in hell is it ever worth $60.

Borderlands is awesome.  I've been wanting to buy the DLC and jump back in, but the guys I played most of the campaign with haven't played it in a while, either.

I just couldn't get past some of the terrible animations/models and overall inconsistency with the graphics/design.  Granted, I really didn't like Oblivion either, so I guess I wouldn't like this too much.  I enjoy open world games, but couldn't get into Fallout.

One game I've heard amazing things about is Demon's Souls.  It was up for a lot of Game of the Year awards, and I had never heard about it until weeks after it came out.  Apparently it's incredibly difficult, but really fun and rewarding to go through.

I've been told Borderlands is the Disney version of Fallout. It's Fallout for pussies. So it makes sense you'd prefer it.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: January 21, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 21, 2010, 09:29:46 AM

I've been told Borderlands is the Disney version of Fallout. It's Fallout for pussies. So it makes sense you'd prefer it.

I couldn't stand Oblivion either.  Sure it's a deep game, but it just moves slow.  If I'm playing anything first person, it has to move smoother and quicker than that.  I also refuse to play FPS on consoles, can't stand 'em. 

I've got MW2 on the PC but it's just not my type of shooter.  Give me BF2 anyday over it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: January 21, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »

So Fallout is for the TOUGH video gamer?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: January 21, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 21, 2010, 09:48:46 AM

So Fallout is for the TOUGH video gamer?

Our basements are dirtier, too.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1404-Darksiders

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1321-Demons-Souls

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: January 21, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »

You're almost as bad at reviewing video games as Joseph Gordon-Levitt is at acting.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: January 21, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 21, 2010, 12:27:22 PM

You're almost as bad at reviewing video games as Joseph Gordon-Levitt is at acting.

I'm glad I'm not that only one that thinks this guy is a clown.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: January 21, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 21, 2010, 12:35:44 PM

Weebs or Gordon-Levitt?  Either way, we should high-five some time.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: January 21, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »

Has he done anything else besides 3rd Rock and the drama version of 50 first dates?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2010, 12:43:59 PM

Has he done anything else besides 3rd Rock and the drama version of 50 first dates?

Weebs was in 3rd Rock?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2010, 12:43:59 PM

Just a little movie called "10 Things I Hate About You".