News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Video Game Deals  ( 68,604 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Video Game Deals
« Reply #330 on: January 21, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 21, 2010, 12:54:53 PM
Quote from: Yeti on January 21, 2010, 12:43:59 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 21, 2010, 12:35:44 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 21, 2010, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: Weebs on January 21, 2010, 09:23:54 AM
Quote from: Poon on January 21, 2010, 08:32:22 AM
I guess because it's such a huge game world people go nuts.  Eh, just doesn't look interesting.  I'd rather get around to finally checking out Borderlands on the PC or just wait for Dante's Inferno.  Unfortunately I suckered myself into buying Darksiders to satisfy the urge to play Dante's Inferno.  There's really nothing wrong with the game just like every review said.  It copies elements from other great games really well.  For some reason it's just not a great game.  If that game would have been $40 it would have been fine but no way in hell is it ever worth $60.

Borderlands is awesome.  I've been wanting to buy the DLC and jump back in, but the guys I played most of the campaign with haven't played it in a while, either.

Quote from: Slack-E on January 21, 2010, 09:09:05 AM
I spent a good chunk of last night stalking the cliffs of Anchorage taking out Chinese communists with a sniper rifle. Overrated my ass. It was fucking awesome.

I just couldn't get past some of the terrible animations/models and overall inconsistency with the graphics/design.  Granted, I really didn't like Oblivion either, so I guess I wouldn't like this too much.  I enjoy open world games, but couldn't get into Fallout.

One game I've heard amazing things about is Demon's Souls.  It was up for a lot of Game of the Year awards, and I had never heard about it until weeks after it came out.  Apparently it's incredibly difficult, but really fun and rewarding to go through.

You're almost as bad at reviewing video games as Joseph Gordon-Levitt is at acting.

I'm glad I'm not that only one that thinks this guy is a clown.

Has he done anything else besides 3rd Rock and the drama version of 50 first dates?

Just a little movie called "10 Things I Hate About You".

All you stonehearted fuckers acting as if you don't cry every time "Angels In The Outfield" comes on.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2010, 01:39:31 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2010, 01:11:51 PM
I guess because it's such a huge game world people go nuts.  Eh, just doesn't look interesting.  I'd rather get around to finally checking out Borderlands on the PC or just wait for Dante's Inferno.  Unfortunately I suckered myself into buying Darksiders to satisfy the urge to play Dante's Inferno.  There's really nothing wrong with the game just like every review said.  It copies elements from other great games really well.  For some reason it's just not a great game.  If that game would have been $40 it would have been fine but no way in hell is it ever worth $60.

Borderlands is awesome.  I've been wanting to buy the DLC and jump back in, but the guys I played most of the campaign with haven't played it in a while, either.

I spent a good chunk of last night stalking the cliffs of Anchorage taking out Chinese communists with a sniper rifle. Overrated my ass. It was fucking awesome.

I just couldn't get past some of the terrible animations/models and overall inconsistency with the graphics/design.  Granted, I really didn't like Oblivion either, so I guess I wouldn't like this too much.  I enjoy open world games, but couldn't get into Fallout.

One game I've heard amazing things about is Demon's Souls.  It was up for a lot of Game of the Year awards, and I had never heard about it until weeks after it came out.  Apparently it's incredibly difficult, but really fun and rewarding to go through.

You're almost as bad at reviewing video games as Joseph Gordon-Levitt is at acting.

Has he done anything else besides 3rd Rock and the drama version of 50 first dates?

All you stonehearted fuckers acting as if you don't cry every time "Angels In The Outfield" comes on.

Danny Glover is a cockbasket.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 21, 2010, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2010, 01:11:51 PM

Danny Glover is a cockbasket.

Didn't you used to be Mel Hall?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2010, 08:03:26 PM »

I always thought he was a really awesome actor. He just needs to play an overblown douche.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »
Here's why Fallout 3 is awesome. Some guy destroying everything with an iron fist.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: January 31, 2010, 10:15:50 AM »
For anyone (probably just Poon) who plays PC shooters, Red Faction: Guerrilla is only $4.95 this week at Direct2Drive.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 31, 2010, 10:15:50 AM
For anyone (probably just Poon) who plays PC shooters, Red Faction: Guerrilla is only $4.95 this week at Direct2Drive.

I just got a new gaming PC yesterday.  Athlon quad core @ 2.88 ghz, 6 gigs of ram, 1 ter hd, and I threw in a GT 240 1 gig card.  It's running everything I've installed fully cranked with all the AA turned up (COD MW2 cranked no problem, probably the most demanding game I've got installed.)  Trying to think of something really taxing to install.

I never really got into the red faction games.  Some friends and I just got into Borderlands, pretty fun but still feels a little console-ish.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »
Quote from: Poon on February 03, 2010, 10:36:22 AM

I just got a new gaming PC yesterday.  Athlon quad core @ 2.88 ghz, 6 gigs of ram, 1 ter hd, and I threw in a GT 240 1 gig card.  It's running everything I've installed fully cranked with all the AA turned up (COD MW2 cranked no problem, probably the most demanding game I've got installed.)  Trying to think of something really taxing to install.

I never really got into the red faction games.  Some friends and I just got into Borderlands, pretty fun but still feels a little console-ish.

Borderlands is fantastic.  You should try out Red Faction on that machine.  I'm running mostly max settings, but only 4x AA, and it's having a hard time maintaining framerate when the physics really come into play ((ETA: I have no idea what I did here)which is almost awesome).  I'd imagine the game looks incredible on a nicer machine.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2010, 02:23:09 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM
Quote from: Poon on February 03, 2010, 10:36:22 AM

I just got a new gaming PC yesterday.  Athlon quad core @ 2.88 ghz, 6 gigs of ram, 1 ter hd, and I threw in a GT 240 1 gig card.  It's running everything I've installed fully cranked with all the AA turned up (COD MW2 cranked no problem, probably the most demanding game I've got installed.)  Trying to think of something really taxing to install.

I never really got into the red faction games.  Some friends and I just got into Borderlands, pretty fun but still feels a little console-ish.

I'll see if the future brother in law has a copy I can borrow.  Not spending any more money on games right now since I bought this PC and have a backlog to catch up on.

Borderlands is fantastic.  You should try out Red Faction on that machine.  I'm running mostly max settings, but only 4x AA, and it's having a hard time maintaining framerate when the physics really come into play (which is almost awesome).  I'd imagine the game looks incredible on a nicer machine.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
Just traded in Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 and Modern Warfare 2 for $72 total.  MW2 is worth $40 alone right now with Gamestop's 50% extra on trade-ins, and then an additional 10% if you have the Edge card.  Paid for The Show and part of Final Fantasy XIII.  Good stuff.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2010, 12:31:15 PM »
I actually did the same thing today. I traded in Heavy Rain (which was amazing) and returned MAG. All that paid off MLB and my FF preorder. Plus I have 7.37 in store credit

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 02, 2010, 12:31:15 PM
I actually did the same thing today. I traded in Heavy Rain (which was amazing) and returned MAG. All that paid off MLB and my FF preorder. Plus I have 7.37 in store credit

Didn't care for MAG?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: March 08, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
Anybody still looking to buy Mass Effect 2, it's $40 today only on Amazon.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2010, 12:06:21 PM »