News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,327 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2011, 02:19:08 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 04, 2011, 02:02:31 PM
A lot of times we simply believe in things without really examining them. For example. we think bacon is bad for you. We just know. We don't really read the nutrition labels on bacon. It's just not that healthy.

Another such thing is Juan Pierre. We have been making fun of him ever since Hendry made the awful trade to bring him here and he tickled the ivory for an entire craptacular season. We watched him so we know he sucks. He went to LA. He sucked there. He went to the Sox and sucked there. But something was different. Last year, if you just went by word of Sox fans and slackjawed beat writers, Pierre wasn't that bad. He was actually kind of good. Got on base enough. Stole a bunch of bases. He was a good guy for them to have.

So when I see that he's been playing so horrible this year (trying to break records in outfield errors and caught stealings) I assume that it's because he was so decent-to-good last year that he's been given this seemingly endless leash. But he wasn't decent last year at all. His OPS+ was 78. So far, this year it's 66. His WAR is -0.5.

Maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal if he wasn't making seven million bucks.

I'm just amazed. The Sox could call up anyone from the minors and he would help their team out more than Pierre.

I still think he's a good guy for them to have.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2011, 06:58:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 04, 2011, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 04, 2011, 02:02:31 PM
A lot of times we simply believe in things without really examining them. For example. we think bacon is bad for you. We just know. We don't really read the nutrition labels on bacon. It's just not that healthy.

Another such thing is Juan Pierre. We have been making fun of him ever since Hendry made the awful trade to bring him here and he tickled the ivory for an entire craptacular season. We watched him so we know he sucks. He went to LA. He sucked there. He went to the Sox and sucked there. But something was different. Last year, if you just went by word of Sox fans and slackjawed beat writers, Pierre wasn't that bad. He was actually kind of good. Got on base enough. Stole a bunch of bases. He was a good guy for them to have.

So when I see that he's been playing so horrible this year (trying to break records in outfield errors and caught stealings) I assume that it's because he was so decent-to-good last year that he's been given this seemingly endless leash. But he wasn't decent last year at all. His OPS+ was 78. So far, this year it's 66. His WAR is -0.5.

Maybe it wouldn't be that big of a deal if he wasn't making seven million bucks.

I'm just amazed. The Sox could call up anyone from the minors and he would help their team out more than Pierre.

I still think he's a good guy for them to have.

Slak neglects to take into account Juan's grindiness.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
Guillen was still steamed about Saturday's 14-inning defeat to the Blue Jays and fired back at his critics before Sunday's series finale, defending himself and his coaching staff against those calling for their jobs.

Dignity.  Always dignity.

AP - May 28, 6:38 pm EDT

"The manager said no one in the White Sox locker room has more passion for the game than he does and that he'd be "lying to myself" if he tried not to care so much about wins and losses.

He also decried Chicago fans' short memories, saying that "when they're drunk" they urinate on the display outside U.S. Cellular Field that honors the 2005 World Series champions"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
Housing is expensive on the south side.

Quote7. Jeff Cox, third base coach, White Sox — The game is his life. Never married and still living at home with his mother, he is one of the more upbeat people you'll ever see. He walks through the clubhouse saying, "Push, push, gotta push,'' to the players, meaning that he believes in an aggressive style of play. Considered a baseball savant.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2011, 04:46:58 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 05, 2011, 03:47:51 PM

Quote7. Jeff Cox, third base coach, White Sox — The game is his life. Never married and still living at home with his mother, he is one of the more upbeat people you'll ever see. He walks through the clubhouse saying, "Push, push, gotta push,'' to the players, meaning that he believes in an aggressive style of play. Considered a baseball savant.

Jesus, if that article got any more meatball, it would jump off of RV's screen and slap him for eating catsup on a hot dog.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 05, 2011, 04:46:58 PM

Jesus, if that article got any more meatball, it would jump off of RV's screen and slap him for eating catsup on a hot dog.

I can make lists of random things. Can I be a sportswriter?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2011, 06:06:24 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 05, 2011, 04:46:58 PM

I can make lists of random things. Can I be a sportswriter?

I thought that was a goof article until I got to Page 2. If Andy or Kerm had blogs, they could do a lot better than this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
Jake Peavy hurt his groin. Are there towel groin drills?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 06, 2011, 08:21:11 AM
Jake Peavy hurt his groin. Are there towel groin drills?

(||)
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2011, 01:21:08 AM »
Hawk and Stoney getting all butthurt about that play Guillen was ejected for was enjoyable. Home plate is in fair ground and the ball was still on it when Geo alertly picked it up. They have to be the worst broadcast team in baseball, which is saying something. Every call that goes against them, despite irrefutable video evidence, is the greatest injustice known to man. Thank God they're not the Cubs announcers.

I've watched it several times and it doesn't appear to fully reach the foul dirt. Then again I'm watching on a phone so feel free if you have a better look. Either way, they both still suck. It's a science fact.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 21, 2011, 01:21:08 AM
Hawk and Stoney getting all butthurt about that play Guillen was ejected for was enjoyable. Home plate is in fair ground and the ball was still on it when Geo alertly picked it up. They have to be the worst broadcast team in baseball, which is saying something. Every call that goes against them, despite irrefutable video evidence, is the greatest injustice known to man. Thank God they're not the Cubs announcers.

I've watched it several times and it doesn't appear to fully reach the foul dirt. Then again I'm watching on a phone so feel free if you have a better look. Either way, they both still suck. It's a science fact.

The Coors Light FREEZE CAM confirmed what we already knew. Hawk and Stone Pony are turd casserole.

EDIT: Coors Light is eagle piss. I'd rather go on the wagon for life than take a single swig of that poison.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 21, 2011, 07:30:45 AM

The Coors Light FREEZE CAM confirmed what we already knew. Hawk and Stone Pony are turd casserole.

EDIT: Coors Light is eagle piss. I'd rather go on the wagon for life than take a single swig of that poison.

It's not as yummy as Bud Light, that's for sure

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2011, 11:35:14 AM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on June 21, 2011, 07:42:10 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 21, 2011, 07:30:45 AM

It's not as yummy as Bud Light, that's for sure

Nosir. It is not.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
The following sentence comes from the Official Cubs site talking about today's game'

"That same feel will be in the air on Tuesday when the two managers go head-to-head again for the BP Crosstown Cup."

Help me out.  Is there really something called the "BP Crosstown Cup"?  Or is it some kind of protective device that the losing manager has to wear on his head?

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 21, 2011, 05:15:52 PM
The following sentence comes from the Official Cubs site talking about today's game'

"That same feel will be in the air on Tuesday when the two managers go head-to-head again for the BP Crosstown Cup."

Help me out.  Is there really something called the "BP Crosstown Cup"?  Or is it some kind of protective device that the losing manager has to wear on his head?

It's one of these two.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"