News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,323 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2011, 07:24:37 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 06, 2011, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 06, 2011, 03:49:56 PM
Robin Ventura is the new White Sox manager.

The Sox open against the Rangers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
Making PAULIE the player-manager was too awesome to come true.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
I'm wondering if anybody besides possibly Andy Dolan and TJ Brown will get this reference when I say Sox hire "dumbass" for bench coach.

QuoteThe Chicago White Sox received permission from Philadelphia to talk to Double-A Reading manager Mark Parent about their vacant bench coach position, a Phillies source confirmed Monday morning.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
This could also fit in the Fuck It's Silent In Here thread. It should make you very, very mad.

QuoteBacardi at the Park was not brought to the north side of 35th Street by a generous corporate sponsor or the team's marketing department.

Taxpayers covered the tab.

The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, the government agency that built and owns The Cell, paid $3.2 million for construction of the restaurant plus just about everything inside the place, from walk-in refrigerators to bar stools.

A 2010 agreement between the Sox, who selected Gibsons Restaurant Group to run the business, and the agency shows that at the project's completion, the team was exempt from owing the agency any money. That arrangement contrasts with the management agreement for operating the stadium, which stipulates the team pay rent and make payments based on attendance.

The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority agreed with White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf that the agency should not share in any restaurant profits.

"We said to Jerry, 'Jerry can we have part of the profits?' and he said no," former Gov. Jim Thompson, who was the agency's board chairman when the deal was made, said in an interview. "We said, OK.'

"I've known Jerry for 52 years. He's tough. He's tough."

Tough negotiator?  How touch could that have been?

Big Jim: Jerry, we want to build a restaurant next to Comiskey, uh... U.S. Cellular.  It's going to cost $6.9 million and you don't have to pay a thing. We can't build it unless you agree to it as you have that right in your lease. Can we build it?

Jerry: Sure.

Big Jim: How much will you put up to cover the costs?

Jerry: Nothing.

Big Jim: Well, can ISFA keep some of the revenue?

Jerry: No.

Big Jim: You know, we don't have to build this and you'd get nothing if we don't build.

Jerry: I know.

Big Jim: Wow!  You are a tough negotiator!  I guess we have no choice but to do the deal.  OK!

===========

Nice kickback at taxpayer expense to your friend of 52 years.

Fuck Jim Thompson. 

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2011, 08:48:22 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 27, 2011, 08:22:30 AM
This could also fit in the Fuck It's Silent In Here thread. It should make you very, very mad.

QuoteBacardi at the Park was not brought to the north side of 35th Street by a generous corporate sponsor or the team's marketing department.

The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, the government agency that built and owns The Cell, paid $3.2 million for construction of the restaurant plus just about everything inside the place, from walk-in refrigerators to bar stools.

A 2010 agreement between the Sox, who selected Gibsons Restaurant Group to run the business, and the agency shows that at the project's completion, the team was exempt from owing the agency any money. That arrangement contrasts with the management agreement for operating the stadium, which stipulates the team pay rent and make payments based on attendance.

The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority agreed with White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf that the agency should not share in any restaurant profits.

"We said to Jerry, 'Jerry can we have part of the profits?' and he said no," former Gov. Jim Thompson, who was the agency's board chairman when the deal was made, said in an interview. "We said, OK.'

Big Jim: Jerry, we want to build a restaurant next to Comiskey, uh... U.S. Cellular.  It's going to cost $6.9 million and you don't have to pay a thing. We can't build it unless you agree to it as you have that right in your lease. Can we build it?

Big Jim: You know, we don't have to build this and you'd get nothing if we don't build.

Big Jim: Wow!  You are a tough negotiator!  I guess we have no choice but to do the deal.  OK!

===========

Fuck Jim Thompson. 

I nearly posted this last night in the Fuck It's Silent Thread, remarking that if the Occupy Chicago Folk wanted to ditch Grant Park and storm the gates at both Comiskular and Winston and $trawn, I'd bring the pitchforks and torches. But I thought it would trivialize the stuff about the vet getting beat up in Oakland.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »

===========

Fuck Jim Thompson. 

No wonder the Rickettses want public money for Wrigley and the mythical Triangle Building.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:47 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 27, 2011, 08:50:15 AM
No wonder the Rickettses want public money for Wrigley and the mythical Triangle Building.

Stories like this won't help the Cubs get public aid.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »

===========

Fuck Jim Thompson. 

1000x THIS

I watched the interview on WGN last night and the attitude that Thompson displays is sickening.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »
Still funny to me that amidst all of the governors and the ex-governors of Illinois that have been convicted in the past 40 years, Thompson--who is not one of them--is probably the biggest crook of all.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 27, 2011, 09:49:22 AM
Still funny to me that amidst all of the governors and the ex-governors of Illinois that have been convicted in the past 40 years, Thompson--who is not one of them--is probably the biggest crook of all.

So is there any chance at all that this leads to trouble for the Sox? PLEASE?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
I do love how the Sox lease is structured so that they are actually disincetivised to bring in more fans.  They don't pay rent until attendance exceeds 1.9 million fans (per Ed Sherman).

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 27, 2011, 08:48:22 AM
I nearly posted this last night in the Fuck It's Silent Thread, remarking that if the Occupy Chicago Folk wanted to ditch Grant Park and storm the gates at both Comiskular and Winston and $trawn, I'd bring the pitchforks and torches. But I thought it would trivialize the stuff about the vet getting beat up in Oakland.

Don't worry. TDubbs had that covered.

Quote from: PANK! on October 27, 2011, 09:49:22 AM

Seriously.

"He said no... We said, OK... He's tough. He's tough."

We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2011, 10:25:26 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 27, 2011, 08:53:47 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 27, 2011, 08:50:15 AM

Stories like this won't help the Cubs get public aid.

No shit? Thanks Chuck.