News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,338 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »
Dave McKay had best watch his back tonight. Sux Nation is out for blood after that floppy haired pussy plunked Paulie yesterday.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 24, 2012, 12:28:43 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 24, 2012, 11:35:39 AM
Quote from: Brownie on April 24, 2012, 09:29:00 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 24, 2012, 09:16:55 AM
FIRST PLACE SOX

Peavy and Dunn are partying like it's 2007. They're not a terrible team to watch, but I'm not convinced they'll win more than 80 games. Of course, if they win 80, they'd be a mere 30 games better than the Cubs which is good enough for most Sox fans. Watch, they'll win the division, and we'll have to put up with the South Side Stench for another couple weeks.

Of teams whose fan bases have an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs, the Brewers are worth watching, especially if Aramis starts hitting again.

Despite my disdain for American League baseball, I've watched about 5 or 6 Sox games so far.  They're not terrible and that second wild card spot might be where they eventually end up, considering Detroit is pretty much going to cruise to that division championship.

The East has been fascinating to watch this season so far.  Baltimore's been not-shitty and Toronto has been entertaining as well.

Plus you have Bobby Valentine's shitstorm in Boston for additional entertainment value.

If you're watching the local broadcasts, do you turn the sound off?

I got to see the game yesterday - ESPN America was running it on my cable.  For some fucking ridiculous reason, though, they ran the Sox feed so I had to listen to Harrelson and Stone's schtick from start to finish.  Three hours of calling the Sox players by their first names, you-can-put-it-on-the-board-yesses, he-gones and seeing absolutely nothing wrong with Beckham bundling DeJesus off second to "tag" him out.  You know the bit where Kerry Wood was hugging his boy and Len said "we'll let the crowd take you out", and there wasn't a dry eye in the house?  Yeah, Hawk and Stone talked right the fucking way through that, about fuck all of interest.  Fuck Hawk Harrelson and fuck Steve Stone.  Even if I were a Sox fan (and thank fuck that I'm not) I feel sure I would detest them with every fibre of my being.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 19, 2012, 09:33:16 AM
FIRST PLACE SOX

Peavy and Dunn are partying like it's 2007. They're not a terrible team to watch, but I'm not convinced they'll win more than 80 games. Of course, if they win 80, they'd be a mere 30 games better than the Cubs which is good enough for most Sox fans. Watch, they'll win the division, and we'll have to put up with the South Side Stench for another couple weeks.

Of teams whose fan bases have an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs, the Brewers are worth watching, especially if Aramis starts hitting again.

Despite my disdain for American League baseball, I've watched about 5 or 6 Sox games so far.  They're not terrible and that second wild card spot might be where they eventually end up, considering Detroit is pretty much going to cruise to that division championship.

The East has been fascinating to watch this season so far.  Baltimore's been not-shitty and Toronto has been entertaining as well.

Plus you have Bobby Valentine's shitstorm in Boston for additional entertainment value.

I got to see the game yesterday - ESPN America was running it on my cable.  For some fucking ridiculous reason, though, they ran the Sox feed so I had to listen to Harrelson and Stone's schtick from start to finish.  Three hours of calling the Sox players by their first names, you-can-put-it-on-the-board-yesses, he-gones and seeing absolutely nothing wrong with Beckham bundling DeJesus off second to "tag" him out.  You know the bit where Kerry Wood was hugging his boy and Len said "we'll let the crowd take you out", and there wasn't a dry eye in the house?  Yeah, Hawk and Stone talked right the fucking way through that, about fuck all of interest.  Fuck Hawk Harrelson and fuck Steve Stone.  Even if I were a Sox fan (and thank fuck that I'm not) I feel sure I would detest them with every fibre of my being.

CSN re-aired the game last night. I gather Len and Bob were on WGN yesterday because the CSN rebroadcast was Hawk and Stone.

Guh.

I opted to watch something else and just flip over occasionally to see how close they were to the top of the 8th, but I was able to gather from the bits and pieces I caught that Hawk is not terribly taken with Samardzija or his "ponytail".
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2012, 10:04:28 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 19, 2012, 09:50:27 AM
FIRST PLACE SOX

Despite my disdain for American League baseball, I've watched about 5 or 6 Sox games so far.  They're not terrible and that second wild card spot might be where they eventually end up, considering Detroit is pretty much going to cruise to that division championship.

The East has been fascinating to watch this season so far.  Baltimore's been not-shitty and Toronto has been entertaining as well.

I got to see the game yesterday - ESPN America was running it on my cable.  For some fucking ridiculous reason, though, they ran the Sox feed so I had to listen to Harrelson and Stone's schtick from start to finish.  Three hours of calling the Sox players by their first names, you-can-put-it-on-the-board-yesses, he-gones and seeing absolutely nothing wrong with Beckham bundling DeJesus off second to "tag" him out.  You know the bit where Kerry Wood was hugging his boy and Len said "we'll let the crowd take you out", and there wasn't a dry eye in the house?  Yeah, Hawk and Stone talked right the fucking way through that, about fuck all of interest.  Fuck Hawk Harrelson and fuck Steve Stone.  Even if I were a Sox fan (and thank fuck that I'm not) I feel sure I would detest them with every fibre of my being.

CSN re-aired the game last night. I gather Len and Bob were on WGN yesterday because the CSN rebroadcast was Hawk and Stone.

Guh.

I opted to watch something else and just flip over occasionally to see how close they were to the top of the 8th, but I was able to gather from the bits and pieces I caught that Hawk is not terribly taken with Samardzija or his "ponytail".

I'd forgotten about that - it got lost in amongst all the other fucking drivel.  Hawk did indeed refer to Snork's hair as a "ponytail", and could barely contain his glee when that rocket back up the middle (the one that Barney snagged behind second base), and I quote, "nearly took his head off".  Cunt.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 19, 2012, 10:04:28 AM
FIRST PLACE SOX

Guh.

I'd forgotten about that - it got lost in amongst all the other fucking drivel.  Hawk did indeed refer to Snork's hair as a "ponytail", and could barely contain his glee when that rocket back up the middle (the one that Barney snagged behind second base), and I quote, "nearly took his head off".  Cunt.

Show a little respect for the man who invented the batting glove.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »

Guh.

I'd forgotten about that - it got lost in amongst all the other fucking drivel.  Hawk did indeed refer to Snork's hair as a "ponytail", and could barely contain his glee when that rocket back up the middle (the one that Barney snagged behind second base), and I quote, "nearly took his head off".  Cunt.

That was the very moment I was thinking of. He said Samardzija better watch out or a comebacker like that'll take his ponytail right off. Spitting that out like Abe Simpson scoffing at Joe Namath's wild, untamed facial hair.

I also caught another bit where the camera found Samardzija chirping at Humber from the bench or something. This led to Hawk urging Snork to "go pick up a bat" himself, presumably forgetting that this was an interleague game at an NL park.

Of course, I completely missed the Paulie bean ball. So, lacking much of the context for the above, in the moment I probably mistook his risible meatball homerism for a slightly different brand of risible meatball homerism.

My favorite bit, though, came from the top of the 8th itself: attributing Gordon Beckham's third HR of 2012 to Samardzija having woken up a sleeping giant or some shit.

You wake up a guy like that, you're in big trouble.

Trouble to the tune of .206/.279/.333/.612 on the season.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 19, 2012, 11:15:56 AM

Guh.

I'd forgotten about that - it got lost in amongst all the other fucking drivel.  Hawk did indeed refer to Snork's hair as a "ponytail", and could barely contain his glee when that rocket back up the middle (the one that Barney snagged behind second base), and I quote, "nearly took his head off".  Cunt.

That was the very moment I was thinking of. He said Samardzija better watch out or a comebacker like that'll take his ponytail right off. Spitting that out like Abe Simpson scoffing at Joe Namath's wild, untamed facial hair.

I also caught another bit where the camera found Samardzija chirping at Humber from the bench or something. This led to Hawk urging Snork to "go pick up a bat" himself, presumably forgetting that this was an interleague game at an NL park.

Of course, I completely missed the Paulie bean ball. So, lacking much of the context for the above, I mistook his meatball homerism for a slightly different brand of meatball homerism.

My favorite bit, though, came from the top of the 8th itself: attributing Gordon Beckham's third HR of 2012 to Samardzija having woken up a sleeping giant or some shit.

Yeah, the bit that made me snort was when they were discussing Beckham's long ball later in the game and Stone said something along the lines of "and then we had the go-ahead homer from - who else? - Gordon Beckham!"

Who else?  Pretty much fucking ANYBODY else, that's who else, you dribbling idiot.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 19, 2012, 11:21:27 AM

Guh.

Of course, I completely missed the Paulie bean ball. So, lacking much of the context for the above, I mistook his meatball homerism for a slightly different brand of meatball homerism.

Yeah, the bit that made me snort was when they were discussing Beckham's long ball later in the game and Stone said something along the lines of "and then we had the go-ahead homer from - who else? - Gordon Beckham!"

Who else?  Pretty much fucking ANYBODY else, that's who else, you dribbling idiot.

I was happy to see they were re-airing the game last night, even if I had to sit through the Sox broadcast. The weird thing is, when Konerko was first hit both Hawk and Stone agreed it was not intentional. But their story kept changing as the game went on for no apparent reason. By the end of the game Snork was pure evil in their minds.

And the idea that Beckham hit a homer for his injured bff was ridiculous. I don't know how Sox fans can stand to listen to them.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 19, 2012, 03:06:52 PM
Quote from: Tonker on May 19, 2012, 11:21:27 AM

Guh.

I was happy to see they were re-airing the game last night, even if I had to sit through the Sox broadcast. The weird thing is, when Konerko was first hit both Hawk and Stone agreed it was not intentional. But their story kept changing as the game went on for no apparent reason. By the end of the game Snork was pure evil in their minds.

And the idea that Beckham hit a homer for his injured bff was ridiculous. I don't know how Sox fans can stand to listen to them.

I think they're trying to force Sox fans into Mobile Phone Park. Hawk, Stone, Ed, and Darren might very well be the worst broadcast crew in the game. Each is terrible in his own special way. It's fascinating that the Sox approve of their work, to be honest.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:32 AM »
The Sox signed O-dog, a penfoe favorite.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2012, 11:02:15 PM »
lol @ losing a home series to the Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »
Really enjoyed this commentary on cheap Sox fans followed up by the predictable flood of gay bashing Cub jokes in the comments.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/baffoe-talk-is-cheap-and-so-are-white-sox-fans/

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 23, 2012, 09:45:23 AM
Really enjoyed this commentary on cheap Sox fans followed up by the predictable flood of gay bashing Cub jokes in the comments.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/baffoe-talk-is-cheap-and-so-are-white-sox-fans/

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/baffoe-talk-is-cheap-and-so-are-white-sox-fans/#comment-626034991

QuoteShe'd aquarium

Aquarium? She hardly knows him!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2012, 12:10:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 23, 2012, 10:01:35 AM

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/baffoe-talk-is-cheap-and-so-are-white-sox-fans/#comment-626034991

QuoteShe'd aquarium

Are we Cub fans because we are gay?  Or are we gay because we are Cub fans?  Why are these guys fixated on our sexuality?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 23, 2012, 12:10:10 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 23, 2012, 10:01:35 AM

QuoteShe'd aquarium

Are we Cub fans because we are gay?  Or are we gay because we are Cub fans?  Why are these guys fixated on our sexuality?

Because we're hot.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.