News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,320 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #420 on: June 25, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 25, 2015, 12:08:53 AM

If Kenny were still in charge, they could swap Starlin for Russell and call it a day.  At least that's how I'm fantasizing about it.

So Kenny would move Russell to short and Starlin to second? That's a weird fantasy.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: June 25, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 25, 2015, 08:05:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 25, 2015, 12:08:53 AM

If Kenny were still in charge, they could swap Starlin for Russell and call it a day.  At least that's how I'm fantasizing about it.

So Kenny would move Russell to short and Starlin to second? That's a weird fantasy.

No. They would swap out Russell in the proposed trade earlier in this thread and put Starlin in his place. Done. Deal.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 25, 2015, 01:31:31 PM
Quote from: Brownie on June 25, 2015, 01:04:52 PM
Snork is on the market, but what will he fetch? I can't imagine anyone overpaying him. And he's almost certainly gone, robbing Sox fans of the joy of claiming that at least they got a draft pick for him. Meanwhile, the A's received a 24-year-old starting middle infielder with a 1.3 WAR, a backup catcher with an OPS north of .900 (surely better than Flowers and Soto), a middling AAAA pitcher and a Cuban first baseman who has been injured all year.

Put another way, look at it as a 4-way trade among the Sox, Cubs, Astros and Oakland:

Cubs get: Addison Russell, Billy McKinney, Dexter Fowler, cash, Jason Hammel.
Astros get: Dan Straily, Luis Valbuena
Oakland gets: Marcus Semien, Josh Phlegley, Chris Bassitt, Rangel Ravelo, 2 months of Jeff Samardzija (in 2014) and 2 months of Jason Hammel (in 2014).
White Sox get: Michael Ynoa and Jeff Samardzija.

In short, Rick Hahn bailed Billy Beane out.

I don't know if you can say the Cubs got Jason Hammel in this deal.

You are right. I was looking to see what draft pick Oakland got for Hammel and then found out there was no compensation to Hammel because he was not offfered arbitration.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
I learned today my cousin holds a major league record: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ruffcsc01.shtml

QuoteRuffcorn holds the alltime record for the most consecutive seasons with an ERA above 7.00 (no minimum IP). He had five consecutive seasons (which constituted his entire career).

Also:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/7831

QuoteNot only did Scott Ruffcorn not win any games over his Major League career, his team lost all 30 Major League games he ever appeared in. That is quite a feat to pitch that many games and never be involved in a victory.....
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: July 13, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
I learned today my cousin holds a major league record: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ruffcsc01.shtml

QuoteRuffcorn holds the alltime record for the most consecutive seasons with an ERA above 7.00 (no minimum IP). He had five consecutive seasons (which constituted his entire career).

Also:

QuoteNot only did Scott Ruffcorn not win any games over his Major League career, his team lost all 30 Major League games he ever appeared in. That is quite a feat to pitch that many games and never be involved in a victory.....

I remember when the Sox refused to deal Ruffcorn (and James Baldwin) for Tim Belcher.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: July 13, 2015, 03:46:24 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 13, 2015, 03:34:30 PM

Also:

I remember when the Sox refused to deal Ruffcorn (and James Baldwin) for Tim Belcher.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ATL/ATL199706290.shtml. I was nine years old. Scott was starting for the Phillies vs the powerhouse Braves. We all went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to watch. They were so hopeful, this was probably going to be his last chance after flopping miserably with the White Sox.

First inning he works around an error, gets 2 groundouts and a strikeout. 2nd inning he works 1-2-3. 3rd inning he works around a walk and a hit by pitch. The 4th inning is another 1-2-3. The 5th he works around a walk and a wild pitch.

Holy shit, we said, Scotty is pitching a no hitter against the Braves!

6th inning? Walk, wild pitch, groundout, HBP. He gets pulled despite the no no and the guy that came in after him gave up a home run. Scott's line for that game was a hilarious 5.1 IP, 2 ER, 0 hits, 4 walks, 2 Ks, 2 wild pitches, 2 HBP. It was also the best game he ever had at the major league level.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: July 13, 2015, 06:34:50 PM »

Also:

Your cousin wouldn't have any other last name

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »
According to Crasnick the Astros were interested in Snork but couldn't wait around for the Sox to decide they're sellers. That's some Jim Hendry shit right there.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: July 23, 2015, 01:07:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 23, 2015, 01:06:40 PM
According to Crasnick the Astros were interested in Snork but couldn't wait around for the Sox to decide they're sellers. That's some Jim Hendry shit right there.

Bathing in some serious schadenfreude right now.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: July 23, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 23, 2015, 01:07:20 PM

Bathing in some serious schadenfreude right now.

We're only seven back in the wildcard, gang!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: July 23, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »

That's hilarious. Padres-White Sox is going to make for one hell of an Offseason World Series.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: July 23, 2015, 02:26:52 PM »

Rick Hahn: We need to sell. We're awful and we have no farm system. But this whole team in a barn and light it on fire with Samardzija as the match.

Kenny Williams: We can still win this thing. We never stop going for it.

Jerry Reinsdorf: Do what you want. We're selling this fucker the minute my ticker bursts.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: July 23, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »
MLBTR:

QuoteThe Astros discussed Jeff Samardzija with the White Sox prior to acquiring Scott Kazmir earlier today, tweets Jerry Crasnick of ESPN. The lack of a consummated trade was not due to the fact that the White Sox weren't willing to part ways with Samardzija, a source tells Crasnick (Twitter link), but rather just due to the fact that the Astros deemed Kazmir a better fit.

Right, it's only because the Astros liked Kazmir better and not because the White Sox are delusionally still in the race, "Anonymous Eager Source Who Definitely Does Not Work or Has Ever Worked for the White Sox."

Although ... given the choice, I'd rather have Kazmir.  Wait.  No.  We're making fun of the White Sox here.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 23, 2015, 02:26:52 PM

Rick Hahn: We need to sell. We're awful and we have no farm system. But this whole team in a barn and light it on fire with Samardzija as the match.

Jerry Reinsdorf: Do what you want. We're selling this fucker the minute my ticker bursts.

Muahahahahahahaha!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2015, 02:48:21 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 29, 2015, 09:16:02 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 23, 2015, 02:26:52 PM

Muahahahahahahaha!

QuoteThe White Sox are flipping the script and aggressively pursuing a bat, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports on Twitter. Among the many players they've inquired about, per the report, is Yoenis Cespedes of the Tigers.

lol