News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,336 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #660 on: March 17, 2016, 09:09:40 AM »
Quote from: Tony on March 17, 2016, 08:22:36 AM
It would be cool to hang out with your pro athlete dad at work every once in a while, but insisting your kid is there every single day is weird. But LaRoche is a big jebus guy and probably doesn't want him in school learning about all that science stuff.

Lord knows there's more jebus in a locker room full of dongs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #661 on: March 17, 2016, 09:31:34 AM »
It would be cool to hang out with your pro athlete dad at work every once in a while, but insisting your kid is there every single day is weird. But LaRoche is a big jebus guy and probably doesn't want him in school learning about all that science stuff.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #662 on: March 17, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 17, 2016, 09:31:34 AM

"We're not big on school" are words that dude said when talking about his kid. And he was serious. We're lucky this Trump thing hasn't happened sooner.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #663 on: March 17, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
Quote from: Tony on March 17, 2016, 11:01:44 AM

"We're not big on school" are words that dude said when talking about his kid. And he was serious. We're lucky this Trump thing hasn't happened sooner.

What's funny is they are rich as hell now, and in America that basically validates every choice they make. That kid's never going to need an education to live a good life, so why would ever accept that education is necessary?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #664 on: March 17, 2016, 11:08:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 17, 2016, 11:02:57 AM

What's funny is they are rich as hell now, and in America that basically validates every choice they make. That kid's never going to need an education to live a good life, so why would ever accept that education is necessary?

What are the legalities of this. Don't kids have to meet some criteria of education before they are 16?
I know home schooling and all that but isn't there some level of proficiency they have to demonstrate?
I just assume there is but honestly I really have no idea.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #665 on: March 17, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »
Quote from: flannj on March 17, 2016, 11:08:38 AM

What are the legalities of this. Don't kids have to meet some criteria of education before they are 16?
I know home schooling and all that but isn't there some level of proficiency they have to demonstrate?

Yeti - can you jump in and let us know how this works?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #666 on: March 17, 2016, 11:15:38 AM »

I'm sure he's home schooled but considering we allow home schooled kids to pass those tests even if they think science is a lie and the earth is 6,000 years old the standards aren't exactly rigorous.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #667 on: March 17, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 17, 2016, 11:15:38 AM

I'm sure he's home schooled but considering we allow home schooled kids to pass those tests even if they think science is a lie and the earth is 6,000 years old the standards aren't exactly rigorous.

If the kid is required to crack open a god damn book every night and read after being at the ballpark every day, I'd have no real problem with what LaRoche said. But LaRoche is a fucking weirdo who batted .220 last year. The coverage on Sportscenter this morning showed the soundbites from Kenny Williams and pictures of the kid looking happy as a clam on the field with his dad. There was soft, dramatic musical behind the images. It was fucking revolting and reminded me of about 45 dads I know on Facebook who can't get enough of themselves for how great they are at being a Dad. My Dad never did that kind of shit and I love the shit out of him. He'd hop in a car full of drunk dudes and head to the golf course or the Bears game on a Sunday morning while I was stuck going to church with my mom and sisters. And I'd think, he's so awesome, I can't wait to be a man so I can do that. Now I go to church AND Bears games so both my parents did right without giving themselves a reach-around every time I took a crap on a real toilet.

If you're a dad and you love your kid, you're awesome. Let them tell you all about it and leave us the fuck alone.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #668 on: March 17, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

Life lessons like "if you can't get what you want, you walk away from making $13 million for a season of playing baseball."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #669 on: March 17, 2016, 11:51:25 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 17, 2016, 11:26:25 AM

If the kid is required to crack open a god damn book every night and read after being at the ballpark every day, I'd have no real problem with what LaRoche said. But LaRoche is a fucking weirdo who batted .220 last year. The coverage on Sportscenter this morning showed the soundbites from Kenny Williams and pictures of the kid looking happy as a clam on the field with his dad. There was soft, dramatic musical behind the images. It was fucking revolting and reminded me of about 45 dads I know on Facebook who can't get enough of themselves for how great they are at being a Dad. My Dad never did that kind of shit and I love the shit out of him. He'd hop in a car full of drunk dudes and head to the golf course or the Bears game on a Sunday morning while I was stuck going to church with my mom and sisters. And I'd think, he's so awesome, I can't wait to be a man so I can do that. Now I go to church AND Bears games so both my parents did right without giving themselves a reach-around every time I took a crap on a real toilet.

If you're a dad and you love your kid, you're awesome. Let them tell you all about it and leave us the fuck alone.

Ah miss you.

Why are you not posting in the Better Call Saul thread, damnit.  That's the best thing in the world right now.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #670 on: March 17, 2016, 12:04:28 PM »
Just wanted to pop in say the White Sox are right here.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #671 on: March 17, 2016, 12:05:34 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 17, 2016, 12:04:28 PM

I think they're right but is there anyway they'd be having this discussion if LaRoche had hit 30 homers last year? Doubtful.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #672 on: March 17, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 17, 2016, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 17, 2016, 12:04:28 PM

I think they're right but is there anyway they'd be having this discussion if LaRoche had hit 30 homers last year? Doubtful.

Merely asking him to scale back his 14 year old son's presence in the locker room of Spring Training? I think so. MLB is not the public sector, but sometimes commonplace workplace rules do transcend
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #673 on: March 17, 2016, 12:59:29 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 17, 2016, 11:51:25 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 17, 2016, 11:26:25 AM

Ah miss you.

Why are you not posting in the Better Call Saul thread, damnit.  That's the best thing in the world right now.

I'm an episode behind. :0(
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #674 on: March 17, 2016, 01:02:54 PM »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that when he's gone from school for long stretches they just get course/homework from the teachers and make him do it on the road.