News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,423 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #675 on: March 17, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 17, 2016, 01:02:54 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 17, 2016, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: flannj on March 17, 2016, 11:08:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 17, 2016, 11:02:57 AM
Quote from: Tony on March 17, 2016, 11:01:44 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on March 17, 2016, 09:31:34 AM
Quote from: Tony on March 17, 2016, 08:22:36 AM
It would be cool to hang out with your pro athlete dad at work every once in a while, but insisting your kid is there every single day is weird. But LaRoche is a big jebus guy and probably doesn't want him in school learning about all that science stuff.

"We're not big on school" are words that dude said when talking about his kid. And he was serious. We're lucky this Trump thing hasn't happened sooner.

What's funny is they are rich as hell now, and in America that basically validates every choice they make. That kid's never going to need an education to live a good life, so why would ever accept that education is necessary?

What are the legalities of this. Don't kids have to meet some criteria of education before they are 16?
I know home schooling and all that but isn't there some level of proficiency they have to demonstrate?
I just assume there is but honestly I really have no idea.

I'm sure he's home schooled but considering we allow home schooled kids to pass those tests even if they think science is a lie and the earth is 6,000 years old the standards aren't exactly rigorous.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that when he's gone from school for long stretches they just get course/homework from the teachers and make him do it on the road.

Oh, no problem then, should work out fine.
Kid will be perfectly well adjusted.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #676 on: March 17, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »
Quote from: flannj on March 17, 2016, 01:49:52 PM
It would be cool to hang out with your pro athlete dad at work every once in a while, but insisting your kid is there every single day is weird. But LaRoche is a big jebus guy and probably doesn't want him in school learning about all that science stuff.

"We're not big on school" are words that dude said when talking about his kid. And he was serious. We're lucky this Trump thing hasn't happened sooner.

What's funny is they are rich as hell now, and in America that basically validates every choice they make. That kid's never going to need an education to live a good life, so why would ever accept that education is necessary?

What are the legalities of this. Don't kids have to meet some criteria of education before they are 16?
I know home schooling and all that but isn't there some level of proficiency they have to demonstrate?

I'm sure he's home schooled but considering we allow home schooled kids to pass those tests even if they think science is a lie and the earth is 6,000 years old the standards aren't exactly rigorous.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that when he's gone from school for long stretches they just get course/homework from the teachers and make him do it on the road.

Maybe he just doesn't want the kid in school because once he can calculate statistics, he can see how much his dad sucks.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: March 17, 2016, 02:57:03 PM »

I don't care about LaDouche or his kid.  I just hope this is private school that he is skipping out on.   I hate to see the public school system getting blamed for this.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: March 18, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: March 18, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 17, 2016, 02:57:03 PM

I don't care about LaDouche or his kid.  I just hope this is private school that he is skipping out on.   I hate to see the public school system getting blamed for this.

That's the thing. This guy was going to make $13 mildo for being shitty at his job. You can't tell me that for that amount of annual pay he couldn't find a private school that was Jesusy enough for little Puggsley?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: March 18, 2016, 03:24:43 PM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: March 18, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2016, 08:32:02 PM »
It seems like the Sox are primed for the miracle workings of Mac Newton, motivational speaker.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2016, 07:57:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 18, 2016, 07:43:10 PM
Quote from: Oleg on March 18, 2016, 03:24:43 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 18, 2016, 12:23:27 PM

Now it's here forever. YES!

This is my new favorite everything.

Internet Chuck's essence distilled to 140 characters.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2016, 01:43:27 PM »
Reinsdorf's unconditional loyalty to his guys is killing him here. His clubhouse is ready to revolt because Kenny Williams, who is supposedly semi-retired, in the background, and no longer running the team, just can't help himself when it comes to asserting his authority. He's been cutting Rick Hahn's balls off several times a year since stepping aside by saying things about some three-year plan (or five, I can't even remember his bullshit now) and saying Rick is still on training wheels, not ready to be the big boss like the great Kenny Williams quite yet.

Now Kenny's coming all the way down from the executive suites to personally tell players how to act in their own clubhouse. (What exactly is Robin Ventura's job then?) This is not even about LaRoche and his yokel son at this point. No wonder Chris Sale is pissed off. They've pretty much refused to put any talent around him throughout his career and now they want to control what he does in his own space too. This story is awesome and so, so White Sox.

I'm sure Theo would love to take Sale off their hands if he's going to be such a clubhouse cancer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 19, 2016, 01:43:27 PM
Reinsdorf's unconditional loyalty to his guys is killing him here. His clubhouse is ready to revolt because Kenny Williams, who is supposedly semi-retired, in the background, and no longer running the team, just can't help himself when it comes to asserting his authority. He's been cutting Rick Hahn's balls off several times a year since stepping aside by saying things about some three-year plan (or five, I can't even remember his bullshit now) and saying Rick is still on training wheels, not ready to be the big boss like the great Kenny Williams quite yet.

Now Kenny's coming all the way down from the executive suites to personally tell players how to act in their own clubhouse. (What exactly is Robin Ventura's job then?) This is not even about LaRoche and his yokel son at this point. No wonder Chris Sale is pissed off. They've pretty much refused to put any talent around him throughout his career and now they want to control what he does in his own space too. This story is awesome and so, so White Sox.

I'm sure Theo would love to take Sale off their hands if he's going to be such a clubhouse cancer.

Hey Oleg, how you feeling about your beloved Sox now?
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #686 on: March 19, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »
This is the one of the greatest scandals in baseball history.  I give it a 9/10 but reserve the right to raise that to a Perfect 10 if Sale manages to parlay his way out of town.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »
Meanwhile, this is how adults handle things: Set clear expectations and empower the players to police their own clubhouse.  What a concept.

QuoteThe Cubs manager plans to hold his "Lead Bull Meeting" with a group of veteran players on Sunday, discussing everything from dress codes to travel issues to who belongs in the clubhouse.

"My concept is once we leave that room, we're all on the same page when it comes to policy," Maddon said. "You know I don't like the word 'rules.' I like to create policy and how we're going to conduct ourselves, how we're going to act.

"And then I believe it's among the more experienced guys on your team to make sure that it's adhered to. It's not about me to do that. It's not about the coaching staff to do that. It's among the players.

"That's a part of our overarching philosophy here, to treat you like a man, give you all the freedoms that you need. And in return, I believe we get greater respect and discipline."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #688 on: March 19, 2016, 06:47:58 PM »
DPD.  Adults handle it like Joe Maddon, but kids put kids in charge?

Quote"Drake was more than just a kid that came to the clubhouse," Eaton said. "He did more for people than we did for him by having him there every day. It's a difficult dynamic to understand, and that's why there's such a strong outreach for us.

"We lost a leader in Drake, which is crazy enough that a 14-year-old could be looked at like that, but the kid was so tremendous."

In that clubhouse, when 14-year-old Drake spoke up, the White Sox listened. Leadership.

QuoteLosing the LaRoches is something that created a contentious atmosphere in the White Sox clubhouse this week at spring training. When executive vice president Kenny Williams asked that LaRoche minimize his son's presence from its prior stature of nearly every day, LaRoche responded with his retirement.

Teammates like Eaton will miss the presence of both LaRoches. When Eaton found himself mired in an early season slump last year, he turned to Adam, something for which he remains truly grateful.

"I don't know who to turn to, who to talk to," Eaton said. "I don't know which way is up, which way is down, I just know I'm getting thrown in the fire for another 0-for. I don't know where to go ... I went to that man, and that man called [sic] me down. He said, 'You know what? Here's how we handle this, here's how we get through it.' He did this on more than one occasion with more than one person.

"That's the person we needed in the clubhouse this year."

Why didn't Adam LaRoche tell that to himself?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #689 on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:35 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 15, 2016, 08:57:30 AM
I think it depends on the sport, too. Baseball is a sport of conservatives, for sure. They're Jesus-y and white

I feel like this applies here. Also, this might be my bias against white Jesus-y people but I feel confident that those that come out in favor of Drake are going to be the white hick players