News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,327 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #705 on: April 19, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 19, 2016, 01:38:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 01:19:22 PM
https://twitter.com/CJNitkowski/status/722258623221465088

I'm not sure what's funnier, Nitkowski again outing himself as a sexist meatball (golly gee, no way the woman actually paid for her own tickets to a sportsball game), or the fact that it was a ticket to a Monday night game at Comiskular and probably cost like 20 dollars.

That's your takeaway? I would take that as him just hating millennials, because people love to hate millennials.

I mean yeah, the millennial hate is probably the root, but there's probably some "no way the girl in the pink hat bought her own ticket to a baseball game" in there.

Probably... However, the plus side is that CJ felt it necessary to blog about Keith Law ripping him for it.
http://www.cjbaseball.com/2016/04/19/espn-keith-laws-attempt-to-defame-me-highlights-dangers-of-social-media-overreactions/

The shamer getting shamed and is now angry

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #706 on: April 19, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 19, 2016, 01:48:08 PM

I'm not sure what's funnier, Nitkowski again outing himself as a sexist meatball (golly gee, no way the woman actually paid for her own tickets to a sportsball game), or the fact that it was a ticket to a Monday night game at Comiskular and probably cost like 20 dollars.

That's your takeaway? I would take that as him just hating millennials, because people love to hate millennials.

I mean yeah, the millennial hate is probably the root, but there's probably some "no way the girl in the pink hat bought her own ticket to a baseball game" in there.

Probably... However, the plus side is that CJ felt it necessary to blog about Keith Law ripping him for it.
http://www.cjbaseball.com/2016/04/19/espn-keith-laws-attempt-to-defame-me-highlights-dangers-of-social-media-overreactions/

Despite the absence of an apology you're forgiven Keith.

Also, I have to block you on Twitter since you wrongly took one of my tweets and tried to smear my name to 450,000 people. I'll miss you. No hard feelings.

Intrepid Reader Al Yellon

LSA!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #707 on: April 19, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 19, 2016, 03:13:56 PM

Also, I have to block you on Twitter since you wrongly took one of my tweets and tried to smear my name to 450,000 people. I'll miss you. No hard feelings.

LSA!

Undoubtedly this is a guy who has mocked millenials as the generation that's too sensitive and gets offended by everything.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #708 on: April 19, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 03:14:56 PM

LSA!

Undoubtedly this is a guy who has mocked millenials as the generation that's too sensitive and gets offended by everything.

I dunno.  I gotta tell ya, I couldn't pick CJ Nitkowski out of a lineup, I only vaguely recall him as hard-throwing American League pitcher but--especially for an ex-athlete-- he articulates his case pretty well here and I don't think you have to be a raging sexist to think that Law may have been overreacting (though Twitter I'm sure has already delivered its verdict).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #709 on: April 19, 2016, 03:37:06 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 19, 2016, 03:33:26 PM

LSA!

I dunno.  I gotta tell ya, I couldn't pick CJ Nitkowski out of a lineup, I only vaguely recall him as hard-throwing American League pitcher but--especially for an ex-athlete-- he articulates his case pretty well here and I don't think you have to be a raging sexist to think that Law may have been overreacting (though Twitter I'm sure has already delivered its verdict).

It's possible Law (and I) read too much into the fact that the person he was shaming was a woman (although I like him playing the GOLLY GEE HOW COULD YOU ASSUME THAT'S A WOMAN when it clearly is), but it was a dickish thing to do regardless, as though you're just an ungrateful kid if you dare check your phone at a baseball game while your team is behind 7 runs. Hell, for all he knows she was checking a dude's stats on B-Ref or something.

To get called on being a dick, and then respond with a rant that long-winded and butthurt saying NO YOU ARE THE DICKS, is pretty ridiculous.

Also Nitkowski is a pretty clear meatball, as he was one of the guys writing the "umm, actually Bryce Harper deserved to get choked" columns last year. His rage toward the younger generation is pretty clear.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #710 on: April 19, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2016, 03:37:06 PM

LSA!

I dunno.  I gotta tell ya, I couldn't pick CJ Nitkowski out of a lineup, I only vaguely recall him as hard-throwing American League pitcher but--especially for an ex-athlete-- he articulates his case pretty well here and I don't think you have to be a raging sexist to think that Law may have been overreacting (though Twitter I'm sure has already delivered its verdict).

It's possible Law (and I) read too much into the fact that the person he was shaming was a woman (although I like him playing the GOLLY GEE HOW COULD YOU ASSUME THAT'S A WOMAN when it clearly is), but it was a dickish thing to do regardless, as though you're just an ungrateful kid if you dare check your phone at a baseball game while your team is behind 7 runs. Hell, for all he knows she was checking a dude's stats on B-Ref or something.

To get called on being a dick, and then respond with a rant that long-winded and butthurt saying NO YOU ARE THE DICKS, is pretty ridiculous.

Also Nitkowski is a pretty clear meatball, as he was one of the guys writing the "umm, actually Bryce Harper deserved to get choked" columns last year. His rage toward the younger generation is pretty clear.

Yep...all of this.

Nitkowski's hypocrisy is the issue.  And, on another point, SKO is absolutely right.  None of us have any idea what that woman is doing on the phone.  We see a quick shot and that's it.  It's the same laziness and triteness that is used to criticize Cutler ("We saw him for a 4 second shot and he was scowling and, therefore, he's not a leader!!!!).

I wil give you this, Nitkowski is much more articulate than Jim Bowden on MLB Network radio.  So, there's that.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #711 on: April 19, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 19, 2016, 03:43:58 PM

LSA!

Yep...all of this.

Nitkowski's hypocrisy is the issue.  And, on another point, SKO is absolutely right.  None of us have any idea what that woman is doing on the phone.  We see a quick shot and that's it.  It's the same laziness and triteness that is used to criticize Cutler ("We saw him for a 4 second shot and he was scowling and, therefore, he's not a leader!!!!).

I wil give you this, Nitkowski is much more articulate than Jim Bowden on MLB Network radio.  So, there's that.

Except Cutler is terrible for like 100 reasons, like wearing his helmet too low and not vaccinating his kids and being a general dick and a crappy QB who throws lazy picks all the time.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #712 on: April 19, 2016, 04:37:07 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 19, 2016, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 19, 2016, 03:43:58 PM

Despite the absence of an apology you’re forgiven Keith.

Also, I have to block you on Twitter since you wrongly took one of my tweets and tried to smear my name to 450,000 people. I’ll miss you. No hard feelings.

LSA!

I dunno.  I gotta tell ya, I couldn't pick CJ Nitkowski out of a lineup, I only vaguely recall him as hard-throwing American League pitcher but--especially for an ex-athlete-- he articulates his case pretty well here and I don't think you have to be a raging sexist to think that Law may have been overreacting (though Twitter I'm sure has already delivered its verdict).

Yep...all of this.

Except Cutler is terrible for like 100 reasons, like wearing his helmet too low and not vaccinating his kids and being a general dick and a crappy QB who throws lazy picks all the time.

One of these is not like the others.  Maybe two.

How was CJ Nitkowski never a White Sox?  Mediocre red-assed dolts past their prime (if they ever had a prime to begin with) are kinda their specialty, no?  I can almost hear Hawk telling me how CJ's got the best 1-2 curveball to throw to a line drive-hitting lefty he's ever seen (promptly gives up grand slam).
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #713 on: April 19, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »
Can't we instead chortle at the woman wearing a Sox fan at U.S. Cellular, you know, that Major League Park with real amenities that only real baseball fans go to, not that outdoor beer garden filled with Chads and Trixies on the North Side where everyone at Wrigley is on their cell phone not paying attention to the game?

You go ahead on some social crusade -- my life's too short to really think much about C.J. Nitkowski, let alone decide if he's sexist, ageist, or just someone trying to be funny. I will save that photo and wait for the intelligence-challenged White Sox fans in my life to comment on Cubs fans not paying attention to the game and send them Exhibit A for the defense.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #714 on: April 19, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 19, 2016, 05:54:47 PM
Can't we instead chortle at the woman wearing a Sox fan at U.S. Cellular, you know, that Major League Park with real amenities that only real baseball fans go to, not that outdoor beer garden filled with Chads and Trixies on the North Side where everyone at Wrigley is on their cell phone not paying attention to the game?

You go ahead on some social crusade -- my life's too short to really think much about C.J. Nitkowski, let alone decide if he's sexist, ageist, or just someone trying to be funny. I will save that photo and wait for the intelligence-challenged White Sox fans in my life to comment on Cubs fans not paying attention to the game and send them Exhibit A for the defense.

This was honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »
I have May 8 as White Sox Fall Below .500 Day. Anyone care to bet they make it sooner?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #716 on: April 22, 2016, 08:05:42 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 21, 2016, 04:19:53 PM
I have May 8 as White Sox Fall Below .500 Day. Anyone care to bet they make it sooner?

I don't care enough to even think about it but I'll laugh the day it finally happens.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #717 on: April 22, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 22, 2016, 08:05:42 AM

I don't care enough to even think about it but I'll laugh the day it finally happens.

Co-sign.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #718 on: April 22, 2016, 08:31:19 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 22, 2016, 08:30:28 AM

Co-sign.

Co-co-sign.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #719 on: April 22, 2016, 12:05:27 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 22, 2016, 08:31:19 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 22, 2016, 08:30:28 AM

Co-sign.

Co-co-sign.

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.