News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,677 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Another trade down... I hope the player they are wanting is still there at 120 because they have had chances at #110 and #115...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

PropJoe

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
I cannot believe anyone is legitimately suggesting drafting Ainge over Woodson. I don't care what kind of hitch Woodson had, he was 10X better in college than Ainge was with much worse talent around him, playing in the same division in the SEC. Ainge is a horrible, horrible quarterback. Also, I think people are going to be very happy with Bennett, and considering how horrible our WR corps is it wouldn't surprise me if EB was starting by mid-season or so. He catches everything, is good after the catch, and I think with Chris Williams coming with him to the Bears he should have an easier adjustment to the NFL.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 11:32:44 AM
Quote from: air2300 on April 27, 2008, 11:24:28 AM
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 11:20:37 AM
It's not a draft day without an Angelo trade down!
In late round, more picks equals more chances to hit on/get lucky with some guy.  But you keep bashing Angelo. 

Well, in his defense, at least it wasn't a first-round trade down. I'm just frustrated with how many problems this team has... When there are so many problems, even trying to fix a decent-sized one like the DT situation can be a problem if the team is ignoring bigger ones...

Hence the glut of late-round picks. If Angelo does one thing right, it's find defensive diamonds in the rough in the late rounds. I say the more chances he has to get this right the better.

1. Tillman
2. Briggs
3. A. Brown
4. Vasher
5. Ayenbadejo
6. Azumah
7. Dvoracek
8. McBride

What do these guys have in common? Besides being pretty good, I mean.   
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PropJoe on April 27, 2008, 11:41:31 AM
I cannot believe anyone is legitimately suggesting drafting Ainge over Woodson.

That's a little strong considering the one doing the suggesting. You're fairly new but by all means, feel free to suspend belief for a while.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 11:43:16 AM
In late round, more picks equals more chances to hit on/get lucky with some guy.  But you keep bashing Angelo. 

Well, in his defense, at least it wasn't a first-round trade down. I'm just frustrated with how many problems this team has... When there are so many problems, even trying to fix a decent-sized one like the DT situation can be a problem if the team is ignoring bigger ones...

Hence the glut of late-round picks. If Angelo does one thing right, it's find defensive diamonds in the rough in the late rounds. I say the more chances he has to get this right the better.

1. Tillman
2. Briggs
3. A. Brown
4. Vasher
5. Ayenbadejo
6. Azumah
7. Dvoracek
8. McBride

Uh, Pex?  I'm pretty sure that Ayenbadejo was signed as a free agent, and Azumah was drafted prior to Angelo taking over.  Other than that, good list.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Is McBride really a "defensive diamond"???

Bears pick Steltz, a safety, from LSU with pick #120... QB and offensive line now with your next picks Jerry, come on...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT II on April 27, 2008, 11:52:29 AM

1. Tillman
2. Briggs
3. A. Brown
4. Vasher
5. Ayenbadejo
6. Azumah
7. Dvoracek
8. McBride

Uh, Pex?  I'm pretty sure that Ayenbadejo was signed as a free agent, and Azumah was drafted prior to Angelo taking over.  Other than that, good list.

You got some sort of playbook you're reading from? Is this it?

PropJoe

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Oh i have been reading long enough to realize that BC has some...interesting...ideas on how the Bears should be run, but he isn't the only one I've seen throw out Ainge before Woodson. Personally, I'd like to see the Bears use one of their 7th rounders on Dennis Dixon. As long as they have so many they might as well take a chance on a guy who might have been a 1st/2nd round pick if he stayed healthy

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: CT II on April 27, 2008, 11:52:29 AM

1. Tillman
2. Briggs
3. A. Brown
4. Vasher
5. Ayenbadejo
6. Azumah
7. Dvoracek
8. McBride

You got some sort of playbook you're reading from? Is this it?

Just tryin' to help, man.  It is a good list though.  If BC won't accept McBride, then perhaps Ian Scott and Mark Anderson would suffice?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 11:07:05 AM
I watched Ainge at Tennessee. I see him as fairly raw, he has potential that would have to be developed. He has a really bad habit of having his team in position to possibly win the game in the fourth quarter and then throwing a soul-crushing interception. Still, worth a third-rounder if you are needing a QB, in my opinion.
Your position is just wrong.  Ainge is a 5th rounder at best, and won't start 10 games in his career.  He was a 4 year starter (he won the job his freshman year and missed time due to injury his sophomore year) at a national power with lots of talent around him.  Ainge also had good coaching with David Cutcliffe as his OC.  The fact that you see him as raw raises a huge red flag because he's had four years in a great situation for a QB to develop.  His potential should have been fulfilled.  Basically, he's either reached his potential and he just sucks, or he's too stupid/lazy to work to fulfill his potential.  Neither of those scenarios translate to NFL caliber QB.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: PropJoe on April 27, 2008, 11:57:23 AM
Oh i have been reading long enough to realize that BC has some...interesting...ideas on how the Bears should be run, but he isn't the only one I've seen throw out Ainge before Woodson. Personally, I'd like to see the Bears use one of their 7th rounders on Dennis Dixon. As long as they have so many they might as well take a chance on a guy who might have been a 1st/2nd round pick if he stayed healthy

I actually wouldn't have a problem with using as high as a fifth-rounder on Dixon. I think using a fourth on either Ainge or Booty, and a fifth on either Woodson or Dixon, would be all right.

Need at least one more offensive lineman drafted however...

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: MDZ on April 27, 2008, 12:04:33 PM
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 11:07:05 AM
I watched Ainge at Tennessee. I see him as fairly raw, he has potential that would have to be developed. He has a really bad habit of having his team in position to possibly win the game in the fourth quarter and then throwing a soul-crushing interception. Still, worth a third-rounder if you are needing a QB, in my opinion.
Your position is just wrong.  Ainge is a 5th rounder at best, and won't start 10 games in his career.  He was a 4 year starter (he won the job his freshman year and missed time due to injury his sophomore year) at a national power with lots of talent around him.  Ainge also had good coaching with David Cutcliffe as his OC.  The fact that you see him as raw raises a huge red flag because he's had four years in a great situation for a QB to develop.  His potential should have been fulfilled.  Basically, he's either reached his potential and he just sucks, or he's too stupid/lazy to work to fulfill his potential.  Neither of those scenarios translate to NFL caliber QB.

Tennessee has been beyond perplexing under Fulmer. They had Manning and couldn't win a title, then he leaves and they win a national title. After that, it seems they always have been one of the top two or three talented teams in the SEC but haven't done much with it. I understand your point, I think Ainge has some upside though as long as he can avoid throwing picks at the worst possible times.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
While we wait for Angelo to get BC's dander up again, I thought I'd make another list for the hell of it.

My favorite football players of all time:

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Brian Urlacher
2. Mike Singletary
3. Dan Hampton
4. Richard Dent
5. William Perry

Tier 3

1. P'Nut Tillman
2. Neal Anderson
3. Mike Brown
4. Rod Woodson Jim McMahon
5. Steve McMichael

Yay?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 12:12:10 PM
While we wait for Angelo to get BC's dander up again, I thought I'd make another list for the hell of it.

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Brian Urlacher
2. Mike Singletary
3. Dan Hampton
4. Richard Dent
5. William Perry

Tier 3

1. P'Nut Tillman
2. Neal Anderson
3. Mike Brown
4. Rod Woodson
5. Steve McMichael

Yay?

Hester has to get Special Mention or something, doesn't he?

Anyway...

Tier 666

1. Adam Archuleta
2. Cedric Benson

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 12:14:41 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 12:12:10 PM

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Brian Urlacher
2. Mike Singletary
3. Dan Hampton
4. Richard Dent
5. William Perry

Tier 3

1. P'Nut Tillman
2. Neal Anderson
3. Mike Brown
4. Rod Woodson
5. Steve McMichael

Yay?

Hester has to get Special Mention or something, doesn't he?

Anyway...

Tier 666

1. Adam Archuleta
2. Cedric Benson

It's hard for me to put Hester in there. He's too young. I feel weird about that for some reason. Brown, Tillman and Urlacher are about my age so that's about it for me. Some quarterback would have to be all-pro to reach Tier 3 splooge level or better at this point. Hester and Alex Brown and Jim Miller and Moose are all chilling with Butthead and Hilgenburg and Covert in that fourth-seventh tier that would defeat the purpose of even having favorites.

Add Brian Griese, John Thierry, Jeremy Lincoln, Rashaan Salaam, Cade McNown, Curtis Enis and etc... that 666 list.