News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ahem.... Harden to have surgery?  ( 9,041 )

Hawkeye's clutchness

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: Ahem.... Harden to have surgery?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »
Quote from: Andy on October 08, 2008, 01:08:39 PM
Seriously, this surprises anybody?

Not surprised. No element of surprise anymore with this team.

Hawkeye's clutchness

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »
The commish now says no surgery and we picked up his option. So we have that going for us. Whic is nice.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 01:40:47 PM »
I think it's a good pre-emptive strike on the part of the Cubs. They are forcing Harden to get looked at NOW, and not waiting a couple of weeks or till December. They can go with four-man rotation for most of April and if he's ready to step in by May and is healthy, then he's worth $7 million.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »
Quote from: Hawkeye's clutchness on October 08, 2008, 01:40:26 PM
The commish now says no surgery and we picked up his option. So we have that going for us. Whic is nice.

Here's the link
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »
I can see the headline in the April 14, 2009 Tribune  "HARDEN'S SPRING TRAINING ISSUES WILL BE RESOLVED BY SHOULDER SURGERY.  MAY RETURN IN 2010 SEASON"
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 08, 2008, 01:40:47 PM
I think it's a good pre-emptive strike on the part of the Cubs. They are forcing Harden Prior to get looked at NOW, and not waiting a couple of weeks or till December. They can go with four-man rotation for most of April and if he's ready to step in by May and is healthy, then he's worth $7 million.
2004 and 2005'd

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »
Matt Murton.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 09:14:40 AM »
So this definitely doesn't belong in the Dick Harden splooge-o-rama thread since a) Rich has not been squirtworthy this year and b) Ivy6 is right that Chuck may have permanently ruined the tradition, but I was confused and intrigued by Lou's mysterious quote about Rich's bizarre home/day vs. road/night splits:

Quote"There are reasons for it," Piniella said. "I'm not going to specifically talk about it, but if we can get him as much as we can on the road, you'll see good performances."

Anyone have access to Deep Goat so we can find out the reasons? Is 1:20 Rich's regularly scheduled time of day to take dump or something?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »
Quote from: RV on July 17, 2009, 09:14:40 AM
So this definitely doesn't belong in the Dick Harden splooge-o-rama thread since a) Rich has not been squirtworthy this year and b) Ivy6 is right that Chuck may have permanently ruined the tradition, but I was confused and intrigued by Lou's mysterious quote about Rich's bizarre home/day vs. road/night splits:

Quote"There are reasons for it," Piniella said. "I'm not going to specifically talk about it, but if we can get him as much as we can on the road, you'll see good performances."

Anyone have access to Deep Goat so we can find out the reasons? Is 1:20 Rich's regularly scheduled time of day to take dump or something?

Sarah Spain doesn't go on the road with the Cubs, natch.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 09:49:32 AM »

Didn't Dusty Baker teach you anything, Dude? Rich Harden is white (and Canadian) so he pitches better without the sun.

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 17, 2009, 09:49:32 AM

Didn't Dusty Baker teach you anything, Dude? Rich Harden is white (and Canadian) so he pitches better without the sun.

Not too far from the house organ's theory: http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090716&content_id=5895642&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

QuoteHarden is now 4-1 with a 2.17 ERA away from Wrigley Field. Expect to see him in the road grays more as the season winds to a close.

"I don't see anything statistically," he said. "I haven't really thought about it too much. I've had some tough games at home with the wind blowing out and the ball carrying."

"I think there's reasons for it," Piniella said.

One theory is that day games seem to wear out Harden more than night games, when the weather is cooler. He's had some problems with mechanics, with his arm dragging and his body opening up. Hitters can see the ball easier if he does that, and his changeup flattens out. He can't be effective that way.

On Thursday he was able to follow through on his pitches and get more ground balls, and he got the job done. It's something he hopes to continue to do.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 10:12:07 AM »
One theory to be examined would be that Harden always wears the pajama tops. There's a reason the Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins like to wear white at home.

(no I'm not serious)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »
It's pretty obvious he's a vampire.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 17, 2009, 10:12:07 AM
One theory to be examined would be that Harden always wears the pajama tops. There's a reason the Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins like to wear white at home.

(no I'm not serious)

But why do the Redskins do it?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »
For the day games Harden just needs use Kaplan's tanning plan prior to taking the mound.