News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Questions about Swine Flu  ( 20,578 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Questions about Swine Flu
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 01:45:55 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 30, 2009, 01:43:29 PM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 30, 2009, 01:39:29 PM
Quote from: Slakee on April 30, 2009, 01:33:25 PM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 30, 2009, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 30, 2009, 12:43:46 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on April 30, 2009, 12:26:33 PM
Today, the office manager here handed out two 3M masks and 16 Alcohol swipes per employee, as mandated by the GSA.

YOUR STIMULUS DOLLARS AT WORK!!!

My company is seeing the result of INCENTIVES (health) and stock has gone up a couple bucks in the last couple days.

We don't work for the same company...do we?  (I'm pretty sure we don't...but the same is true for my company in the medical-ish area)

Your IPA avatar is classic, BTW.   Whenever I see that cat, I wish I could ask him if he goes to the same salon that Joe Theismann uses. 

Walgreens?

Maybe that's where they got his gurney??

But that hair?   That hair is something remarkable.  That takes some time.......and some professional craftsmanship.

No, seriously I think that's where Fork works.

You mean he doesn't make all his money from workout/dancing video sales?

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »
Today, the office manager here handed out two 3M masks and 16 Alcohol swipes per employee, as mandated by the GSA.

My company is seeing the result of INCENTIVES (health) and stock has gone up a couple bucks in the last couple days.

We don't work for the same company...do we?  (I'm pretty sure we don't...but the same is true for my company in the medical-ish area)

Your IPA avatar is classic, BTW.   Whenever I see that cat, I wish I could ask him if he goes to the same salon that Joe Theismann uses. 

Walgreens?

But that hair?   That hair is something remarkable.  That takes some time.......and some professional craftsmanship.

Never mind me, I'm a stupid douche who is prone to misunderstandings

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 30, 2009, 01:45:55 PM

Walgreens?

Not all of it, no.

And don't act like you don't want to do the music for the next one.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 30, 2009, 02:32:54 PM

Not all of it, no.

Needs more keytar.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 30, 2009, 02:32:54 PM

Walgreens?

Not all of it, no.

There's also the steady income stream from his line of deluxe workout jeans.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 07:22:16 AM »

Just take a quick second to bask in the awesomeness that is Jim Burt. He used to cut the sides of his jersey, so he could lace them together and make the jersey tight, so centers couldn't hold him.

Not to mention, his planting of Joe Montana in the 1986-87 playoffs is still the fastest I've ever seen a quarterback go from vertical to horizontal, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2009, 08:13:09 AM »
My friend is a lab technician at a hospital in Indy. He said everybody thinks they have the fucking Swine Flu this week and his and every other hospital he knows of is packed to the gills with sick people getting tested for H1N1 Influenza. This thing has been around since at least September in the U.S. and it's completely susceptible to the flu medication that everybody uses. So people started dying in Mexico city where due to air pollution and lack of nutrition and proper medical care, about 4% (according a Mexican health official I heard on NPR yesterday) have some sort of respiratory disease. Add a flu virus to that and you equal death. I think the only thing to do in this situation is **PANIC** Alert the news media, they'll know what to do. Get the Vice President of the United States on the tube telling people not to ride elevators, airplanes or subways! **PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**

There don't you feel better now? Now if this strain happens to mix with another strain of flu virus that is NOT susceptible to the medication we've got a problem. Or so I'm led to believe by this health official from the WHO that I heard on a Foreign Affairs magazine podcast. Fun week, wasn't it? 

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2009, 08:29:07 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 02, 2009, 08:13:09 AM
My friend is a lab technician at a hospital in Indy. He said everybody thinks they have the fucking Swine Flu this week and his and every other hospital he knows of is packed to the gills with sick people getting tested for H1N1 Influenza. This thing has been around since at least September in the U.S. and it's completely susceptible to the flu medication that everybody uses. So people started dying in Mexico city where due to air pollution and lack of nutrition and proper medical care, about 4% (according a Mexican health official I heard on NPR yesterday) have some sort of respiratory disease. Add a flu virus to that and you equal death. I think the only thing to do in this situation is **PANIC** Alert the news media, they'll know what to do. Get the Vice President of the United States on the tube telling people not to ride elevators, airplanes or subways! **PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**PANIC**

There don't you feel better now? Now if this strain happens to mix with another strain of flu virus that is NOT susceptible to the medication we've got a problem. Or so I'm led to believe by this health official from the WHO that I heard on a Foreign Affairs magazine podcast. Fun week, wasn't it? 

THIS

Also, http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090502/ap_on_he_me/med_swine_flu 650 or so cases? They suspect it might be higher but really 650 cases? In a world of 6,706,993,152 (July 2008 estimate), that equals 00.00000969% of the population (I think I did that right.. It was 9.69 x 10-8) And this article says "epidemic." Really? It doesn't seem to warrant  that classification. This whole thing is ridiculous. It just is

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on May 02, 2009, 08:29:07 AM

THIS

Also, http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090502/ap_on_he_me/med_swine_flu 650 or so cases? They suspect it might be higher but really 650 cases? In a world of 6,706,993,152 (July 2008 estimate), that equals 00.00000969% of the population (I think I did that right.. It was 9.69 x 10-8) And this article says "epidemic." Really? It doesn't seem to warrant  that classification. This whole thing is ridiculous. It just is

I wish it would mutate to the point that eating bologna could kill.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
Quote from: powen01 on May 02, 2009, 08:48:08 AM

THIS

I wish it would mutate to the point that eating bologna could kill.

If you eat it out of a trash can it might.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »
This thing has been around since at least September in the U.S.

What leads you to this conclusion?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »

THIS

I think you're mistaking "epidemic" for "pandemic."

In epidemiology, "epidemic" just refers to a notable increase in incidence of a disease, not necessarily just its prevalence within a population.

When an epidemic spreads across a wide region, affecting a more or less significant proportion of the population, that's when we enter the territory of a "pandemic."

This is what health professionals are on guard against, and rightfully so: in our age of increasing global connectedness, financial crises aren't the only thing that can rapidly spread worldwide. Add in the threat of antibiotic-resistant drugs (due to EVOLUTION, no less), and you begin to understand why many fear it's only a matter of time.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 02, 2009, 10:24:51 AM
This thing has been around since at least September in the U.S.

What leads you to this conclusion?

I think he thinks he had it.

Or maybe he thinks his lady had it. Or someone else he knows.

Either way: PROOF.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2009, 11:35:55 AM »
I was coughing up a storm last night because I have a cold, and I think I freaked out the guy working at 7-11 when I went in to get some food at 1am. The poor guy probably thinks he has swine flu now. That's too bad for him, but I really wanted some taquitos.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2009, 11:59:16 AM »
Quote from: butthead on May 02, 2009, 11:35:55 AM
I was coughing up a storm last night because I have a cold, and I think I freaked out the guy working at 7-11 when I went in to get some food at 1am. The poor guy probably thinks he has swine flu now. That's too bad for him, but I really wanted some taquitos.

Maybe the swine flu wants the taquitos and you're simply a slave to its demands. Ever think of that?