News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Be careful while pulling out . ..  ( 9,662 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Be careful while pulling out . ..
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 03:30:47 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 02, 2009, 03:24:25 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1916410,zwecker-tiger-woods-marriage-elin-prenup-120209.article

""Also, don't look for Woods' wife, Elin, to be moving out of the couple's Windermere, FL., mansion anytime soon. The links legend's spouse is reportedly being paid a hefty seven-figure amount — immediately transfered into an account she alone controls — to stick with her husband.

On top of that, my source indicated Elin Nordegren Woods, the mother of Tiger's two children, has demanded — and is getting — a total rewrite on the couple's prenuptial agreement making the incentives for her to remain Mrs. Tiger Woods even more enticing.

At this point, the couple needed to remain married for 10 years in order for Woods' wife to collect a splitsville settlement of $20 million. I'm being told that time frame has been shortened — and the dollar amount increased "substantially.""

Wow.  Blackmail.  What a heckuva way to maintain a fake marriage.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 02, 2009, 03:30:47 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1916410,zwecker-tiger-woods-marriage-elin-prenup-120209.article

""Also, don't look for Woods' wife, Elin, to be moving out of the couple's Windermere, FL., mansion anytime soon. The links legend's spouse is reportedly being paid a hefty seven-figure amount — immediately transfered into an account she alone controls — to stick with her husband.

On top of that, my source indicated Elin Nordegren Woods, the mother of Tiger's two children, has demanded — and is getting — a total rewrite on the couple's prenuptial agreement making the incentives for her to remain Mrs. Tiger Woods even more enticing.

At this point, the couple needed to remain married for 10 years in order for Woods' wife to collect a splitsville settlement of $20 million. I'm being told that time frame has been shortened — and the dollar amount increased "substantially.""

Wow.  Blackmail.  What a heckuva way to maintain a fake marriage.

Look at how hot she is! Isn't that crazy? And she's a model! She makes a ton of money! BAM!
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:37 PM »
This.

All of it, but I particularly love this:

QuoteThis is why Earl was an entertaining con man and Charlie Rose is a salon-sniffing Beltway yahoo.

(Original Tiger profile here.)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 02, 2009, 10:00:37 PM
This.

QuoteThis is why Earl was an entertaining con man and Charlie Rose is a salon-sniffing Beltway yahoo.

That entire article just came off bitter to me.  Pierce sounds way, way too happy about the entire situation.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 11:07:14 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 02, 2009, 10:58:25 PM
This.

That entire article just came off bitter to me.  Pierce sounds way, way too happy about the entire situation.

We get it.  You hate Charles Pierce.

You might be right, though.  His first line seems grandiose, and that's all I care to read about Eldrick.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 02, 2009, 11:07:14 PM
This.

You might be right, though.  His first line seems grandiose, and that's all I care to read about Eldrick.

I didn't even realize it was the same guy.  Maybe I don't like Esquire's sports articles very much.  They should stick to telling me how to find a great watch for under $10,000.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 08:48:32 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 03, 2009, 08:38:39 AM
This.

I didn't even realize it was the same guy.  Maybe I don't like Esquire's sports articles very much.  They should stick to telling me how to find a great watch for under $10,000.

Emphatically, this.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 03, 2009, 08:48:32 AM
This.

Emphatically, this.

You, too can sport this winter's hottest style. These pants are only $750, this shirt is $230 and this scarf is $500. What are you waiting for?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 09:04:36 AM »

I didn't know Esquire had anything beyond the "Women We Love" section.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 03, 2009, 09:03:18 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 03, 2009, 08:48:32 AM
This.

Emphatically, this.

You, too can sport this winter's hottest style. These pants are only $750, this shirt is $230 and this scarf is $500. What are you waiting for?

I was waiting for Jason Whitlock's response to Tiger. And was not disappointed.

Corner Boys Unite! Ho!
"The ones I've met have all been scandalous, tail-chasing hounds. No different from the frat boys I met in college or the corner boys hustling on the block."

"Let me give you another example. Reilly, the millionaire columnist for ESPN, wrote a damning piece for Sports Illustrated in 2004 about then-Colorado football coach Gary Barnett and a female kicker who claimed she was raped by a couple of her teammates. Reilly blasted Barnett, saying the coach didn't properly monitor the more than 100 players on his team. Reilly never mentioned that just weeks before police investigated a sexual-assault allegation that stemmed from a high school party at Reilly's Denver home. Reilly was not at home at the time. But his children allegedly hosted a party at his home and a 14-year-old girl claimed she was assaulted by two high school football players."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 03, 2009, 09:08:39 AM

Corner Boys Unite! Ho!
"The ones I've met have all been scandalous, tail-chasing hounds. No different from the frat boys I met in college or the corner boys hustling on the block."

"Let me give you another example. Reilly, the millionaire columnist for ESPN, wrote a damning piece for Sports Illustrated in 2004 about then-Colorado football coach Gary Barnett and a female kicker who claimed she was raped by a couple of her teammates. Reilly blasted Barnett, saying the coach didn't properly monitor the more than 100 players on his team. Reilly never mentioned that just weeks before police investigated a sexual-assault allegation that stemmed from a high school party at Reilly's Denver home. Reilly was not at home at the time. But his children allegedly hosted a party at his home and a 14-year-old girl claimed she was assaulted by two high school football players."

Whitlock runs anywhere from terrible to very good, so I never know what to expect from him.  But that was a good one.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 03, 2009, 09:15:29 AM

Corner Boys Unite! Ho!

Whitlock runs anywhere from terrible to very good, so I never know what to expect from him.  But that was a good one.

I was just thinking about Reilly yesterday. Up on his high horse all the time. I'm really glad Whitlock is around to call these guys out on their bullshit and he seems to be the only guy who consistently does it. Sometimes he's just being mean (which I also support) like when he just rips Chris Fowler for no reason other than dislike.

Anyway, these high profile sports reporters love to take the trendy topic and bleat from their clouds of judgment about the right thing to do. All these guys are full of shit. Right now it's all about concussions and how we need to monitor these guys and we can't risk their health. Two years ago it was, "GET BACK IN THE GAME YOU PUSSY. YOU MAKE MILLIONS TO PLAY A GAME."

Good for Whitlock.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
This.

That's fine.

Charlie Rose is still a nodding doucheballon.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 03, 2009, 09:24:37 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 03, 2009, 09:15:29 AM

Corner Boys Unite! Ho!

I was just thinking about Reilly yesterday. Up on his high horse all the time. I'm really glad Whitlock is around to call these guys out on their bullshit and he seems to be the only guy who consistently does it. Sometimes he's just being mean (which I also support) like when he just rips Chris Fowler for no reason other than dislike.

Anyway, these high profile sports reporters love to take the trendy topic and bleat from their clouds of judgment about the right thing to do. All these guys are full of shit. Right now it's all about concussions and how we need to monitor these guys and we can't risk their health. Two years ago it was, "GET BACK IN THE GAME YOU PUSSY. YOU MAKE MILLIONS TO PLAY A GAME."

Good for Whitlock.

I'm fine with what Whitlock said, but let's just make sure we're not turning Tiger into some kind of victim here.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.