News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Batman v. Superman  ( 12,233 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Batman v. Superman
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 03:33:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 03:22:39 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: CT III on December 03, 2015, 03:15:07 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 02:47:11 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 03, 2015, 02:41:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 03, 2015, 02:15:35 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 02:03:15 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 03, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
I don't even need to watch this trailer to know that this is going to be a great movie.

Counterpoint: this movie will be ass.

How long would the movie possibly be? Bats whips some Kryptonite out of his utility belt, beats Supes to death.

Well the comic which inspired it, The Dark Knight Returns, basically had Batman in a robot suit use a bunch of cheap tricks and cheat enought that he actually bloodied Superman's nose before faking his own death. A bunch of fanboys then turned this into a stirring, knock out victory for Batman that has become the basis for 30 years of stupidity and also the ever-present problem that WB and DC, the people who make Superman, really don't actually like Superman.

Which results in Man of Steel, a boring, humorless movie where bright colors are outlawed that ends with Superman destroying a city and snapping a dude's fucking neck.

So combine a thoroughly unlikeable Superman with a Batman based on the most psychopathic version of the character ever written (Frank Miller is an advisor on the film. After he had two hits with TDKR and Batman: Year One, he wrote more Batman stories where the guy mentally abused Robin and forced him to eat fucking rats to survive), directed by a guy whose "best" movie was 300, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

In "An Evening With Kevin Smith", KS describes being approached by Jon Peters to do a Superman movie. I strongly recommend finding the clip on YouTube.

Oh I've watched that clip. It's standing. What's hilarious is that in the third act of Man of Steel Superman fights something that definitely resembles a giant mechanical spider.

Netflix or HBO has "The Death of Superman Lives" available.  Smith retells the whole story.

I'm assuming this is the story that ends with Smith marveling that Peters finally got his giant, mechanical spider in Wild, Wild West?

Honestly at this point I wish DC would go the Guardians of the Galaxy route and do a movie on one of their lesser known properties that isn't going to be bogged down by decades obsessing over continuity.

Hell, they could do that with Green Lantern if they wanted.  It's basically Space Police With Magic Rings.

They are doing that on TV. Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.  And the Flash (which is quite fun) despite him being well known.

The Flash TV show is perfect in every way.

Yeah, I've no complaints about DC's television shows, from the current crop and going back to the animated series (Batman, Superman, Justice League, JLU, Young Justice, Green Lantern) most of it has been very good to excellent.  

Edited to add that Gotham is a goddamned mess.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
I don't even need to watch this trailer to know that this is going to be a great movie.

How long would the movie possibly be? Bats whips some Kryptonite out of his utility belt, beats Supes to death.

Well the comic which inspired it, The Dark Knight Returns, basically had Batman in a robot suit use a bunch of cheap tricks and cheat enought that he actually bloodied Superman's nose before faking his own death. A bunch of fanboys then turned this into a stirring, knock out victory for Batman that has become the basis for 30 years of stupidity and also the ever-present problem that WB and DC, the people who make Superman, really don't actually like Superman.

Which results in Man of Steel, a boring, humorless movie where bright colors are outlawed that ends with Superman destroying a city and snapping a dude's fucking neck.

So combine a thoroughly unlikeable Superman with a Batman based on the most psychopathic version of the character ever written (Frank Miller is an advisor on the film. After he had two hits with TDKR and Batman: Year One, he wrote more Batman stories where the guy mentally abused Robin and forced him to eat fucking rats to survive), directed by a guy whose "best" movie was 300, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

In "An Evening With Kevin Smith", KS describes being approached by Jon Peters to do a Superman movie. I strongly recommend finding the clip on YouTube.

Oh I've watched that clip. It's standing. What's hilarious is that in the third act of Man of Steel Superman fights something that definitely resembles a giant mechanical spider.

Netflix or HBO has "The Death of Superman Lives" available.  Smith retells the whole story.

I'm assuming this is the story that ends with Smith marveling that Peters finally got his giant, mechanical spider in Wild, Wild West?

Honestly at this point I wish DC would go the Guardians of the Galaxy route and do a movie on one of their lesser known properties that isn't going to be bogged down by decades obsessing over continuity.

Hell, they could do that with Green Lantern if they wanted.  It's basically Space Police With Magic Rings.

They are doing that on TV. Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.  And the Flash (which is quite fun) despite him being well known.

Danielle Panabaker's hairstyle this season is horrible. The chick who is Hawkgirl has freakishly large teeth.

Other than that, it's great.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 04:00:55 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 03:55:45 PM

Netflix or HBO has "The Death of Superman Lives" available.  Smith retells the whole story.

Hell, they could do that with Green Lantern if they wanted.  It's basically Space Police With Magic Rings.

They are doing that on TV. Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.  And the Flash (which is quite fun) despite him being well known.

Danielle Panabaker's hairstyle this season is horrible. The chick who is Hawkgirl has freakishly large teeth.

That's a beak, Chuck.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »

My seven- and nine-year old children certainly think so.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 04:34:19 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 03, 2015, 04:00:55 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 03:55:45 PM

That's a beak, Chuck.

If only. She hasn't been in her mask other than a quick vibe.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 04:44:08 PM »
Misogynistic Internet Chuck is the worst Internet Chuck
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 08:11:19 PM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 08:39:03 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 03, 2015, 04:28:19 PM

My seven- and nine-year old children certainly think so.

They are correct to do so. I love that show unreservedly.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 08:11:19 PM
Trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro

Thanks for linking it in case people missed it in the first post of the thread.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 04, 2015, 08:52:17 AM
Trailer #2

Whoops. I figured that first post was a link to the 45 second trailer that was also released.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 04, 2015, 09:05:31 AM
Trailer #2

Whoops. I figured that first post was a link to the 45 second trailer that was also released.

I'll allow it. This thread was really just an excuse to troll for some SKO/Zack Snyder butthurtedness and my mission was accomplished.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 09:19:25 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 04, 2015, 09:16:41 AM
Trailer #2

I'll allow it. This thread was really just an excuse to troll for some SKO/Zack Snyder butthurtedness and my mission was accomplished.

You don't really have to troll for my Zack Snyder butthurtedness. You could just say "hey, SKO, you got some Zack Snyder butthurt you want to let off your chest" and I'll oblige every time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 04, 2015, 09:19:25 AM
Trailer #2

You don't really have to troll for my Zack Snyder butthurtedness. You could just say "hey, SKO, you got some Zack Snyder butthurt you want to let off your chest" and I'll oblige every time.

I'll definitely see this movie, but Ben Affleck's growly Batman voice in the trailer was somehow worse than Christian Bale's. And Jesse Eisenberg? Really?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 04, 2015, 09:45:57 AM
Trailer #2

I'll definitely see this movie, but Ben Affleck's growly Batman voice in the trailer was somehow worse than Christian Bale's. And Jesse Eisenberg? Really?

Oh I can't pretend I won't see this movie. I'm a masochist like that. Everyone I knew that gives a shit about such things told me not to watch Man of Steel, I had to see the horror for myself nonetheless.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 04, 2015, 09:45:57 AM
Trailer #2

You'll be shocked to learn I hate Jesse Eisenberg