News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

Keep LF/CF/RF or Just Go OF/OF/OF

Keep
Change
I Don't Play in this League

Author Topic: 2017 Fantasy Baseball League  ( 8,949 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2017 Fantasy Baseball League
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »
Vote
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 11:19:43 AM »
I don't play in this league but the fun of fantasy sports is trying to build a team and deal with the exact kind of scarcity of talent that real GMs have to deal with, saying "it's hard to find center fielder who can hit, so lemme have a Kyle Schwarber/Matt Holliday/Giancarlo Stanton outfield" kinda misses the point. Why even have positions then? Just accumulate the 9 best hitters you can find.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 11:51:20 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 09, 2017, 11:19:43 AM
I don't play in this league but the fun of fantasy sports is trying to build a team and deal with the exact kind of scarcity of talent that real GMs have to deal with, saying "it's hard to find center fielder who can hit, so lemme have a Kyle Schwarber/Matt Holliday/Giancarlo Stanton outfield" kinda misses the point. Why even have positions then? Just accumulate the 9 best hitters you can find.

It's almost as if this is some sort of fantasized version of real baseball..
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 12:54:18 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on March 09, 2017, 11:51:20 AM

Right, so in that case my second baseman is now Kris Bryant and my shortstop is Paul Goldschmidt, I'm not even pretending defense matters so let's just draft the 9 best bats possible.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 09, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

Right, so in that case my second baseman is now Kris Bryant and my shortstop is Paul Goldschmidt, I'm not even pretending defense matters so let's just draft the 9 best bats possible.

So, if Kris plays an inning at SS, becomes SS available, you won't put him there going forward because you want to be authentic?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 01:39:13 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

So, if Kris plays an inning at SS, becomes SS available, you won't put him there going forward because you want to be authentic?

If your rules allow that, fine, I would, because I'd want to win. I just wouldn't want those rules?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

He'd need to play in 10 games at SS (or start in five) to become eligible.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 02:35:24 PM »
How many keepers allowed?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 09:51:07 AM »
Okay, draft order set and everyone has been assigned commissioner access.

So either set your keepers in yourself, or post them here and I'll do it.

Let's try to have this done quickly.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2017, 09:43:05 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 20, 2017, 09:51:07 AM

I see none of these things are happening.

Perhaps another attempt?

Or should I be looking at what people have marked on CD's spreadsheet? That seems like the worst of the three options.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:15 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 21, 2017, 09:43:05 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 20, 2017, 09:51:07 AM

I see none of these things are happening.

Perhaps another attempt?

Or should I be looking at what people have marked on CD's spreadsheet? That seems like the worst of the three options.

TPD.

Looks like people are using the dumb spreadsheet. It doesn't help you differentiate when guys are in the same round, but I'll just make decisions and people can check.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »
Shooter: Specify your 13th round keepers. Jon Gray, Ian Desmond, Edwin Diaz. One has to be an 11th round, one a 12th and one a 13th.
Dolan: Clarify between your 13th round keepers. Kris Bryant and Villar. Specify one for the 12th round and the 13th round
           Also, decide between your 11th rounders: Schwarber and Iglesias. One needs to be the 11th and the 10th.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
Since Pen is angry that Excel doesn't input the keepers into Yahoo, a set of instructions:
If you have keepers that are in the same round, on the Keeper tab, under the "KeeperOverallPick" column, change the draft pick number to the appropriate number.
For example, if you have 2 13th round keepers, and your 13th round pick number is 135, it will show them both as 135. We all know they can't be pick 135, so go to the Draft Order tab, find what # pick your 12th round pick is. If that number is 123, then input that on the Keeper tab (KeeperOverallPick column) next to the guy you want to keep in the 12th round.

If you go back to the draft order tab, they are now showing up in the 12th round.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 21, 2017, 10:53:13 AM
Since Pen is angry that Excel doesn't input the keepers into Yahoo, a set of instructions:
If you have keepers that are in the same round, on the Keeper tab, under the "KeeperOverallPick" column, change the draft pick number to the appropriate number.
For example, if you have 2 13th round keepers, and your 13th round pick number is 135, it will show them both as 135. We all know they can't be pick 135, so go to the Draft Order tab, find what # pick your 12th round pick is. If that number is 123, then input that on the Keeper tab (KeeperOverallPick column) next to the guy you want to keep in the 12th round.

If you go back to the draft order tab, they are now showing up in the 12th round.

No, Pen is angry that I can't use the spreadsheet to input players into Yahoo because any teams will multiple picks in the same round can't/didn't/didn't know to differentiate.

The old way has worked perfectly for all these years, unlike this way.