News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 364,294 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #780 on: February 20, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 20, 2014, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Tonker on February 20, 2014, 02:52:38 PM
To be fair to Chuck, that was a particularly joyless postseason, particularly given the fact that the Cubs were officially - by five fucking games - the best team in the NL that year.  They were THIRTEEN games better than the Dodgers, and went down without so much as a whimper, scoring but six fucking runs in the process.  I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed any of that.

The Brewers beat out the fucking Mets by a goddamn game. The Cubs would have absolutely curbstomped the fucking Mets.

I actually remember being angry when the Cubs didn't play their starters against the Brewers. I really, really wanted a playoff series against the Mets, because they had no pitching.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: February 20, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
To be fair to Chuck...

There's your first mistake.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 20, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
Apparently we can't even enjoy playoff seasons if they result in playoff nut punches, so being a Cub fan is officially a 100% joyless death march. Which I'm not surprised is a thing Chuck endorses.

I'm done with having fond memories of seasons that end with nut punches.  I've seen them go to the playoffs 6 times, win one series and exit the postseason all 6 times on three game losing streaks.  Championship or I really don't care anymore.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: February 20, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 20, 2014, 03:09:19 PM
Apparently we can't even enjoy playoff seasons if they result in playoff nut punches, so being a Cub fan is officially a 100% joyless death march. Which I'm not surprised is a thing Chuck endorses.

I'm done with having fond memories of seasons that end with nut punches.  I've seen them go to the playoffs 6 times, win one series and exit the postseason all 6 times on three game losing streaks.  Championship or I really don't care anymore.

So, you're not going to watch until October?

Can you put that officially in writing somewhere and promise on it?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: February 20, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »
To be fair to Chuck, that was a particularly joyless postseason, particularly given the fact that the Cubs were officially - by five fucking games - the best team in the NL that year.  They were THIRTEEN games better than the Dodgers, and went down without so much as a whimper, scoring but six fucking runs in the process.  I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed any of that.

I was at Game 1 of that NLDS. The place was a library.  It got a little loud when DeRosa homered, then silent when Loney went yard.  We left as Maddux came in to close out the game.  The next night, no one wanted to catch the ball.  When they got to LA, I barely wanted to watch.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: February 20, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 20, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

Check out the big optimism on Pen! You a sunny, motherfucker, that's right.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: February 20, 2014, 03:52:44 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 20, 2014, 03:41:31 PM

I wasn't referring to this year, specifically.

I meant until they win the World Series and Chuck can finally count 1 season as a success.

I assume after they win it all, he'll have a 2-year grace period before every season looks like a failure again.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: February 20, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 20, 2014, 03:52:44 PM

I meant until they win the World Series and Chuck can finally count 1 season as a success.

I assume after they win it all, he'll have a 2-year grace period before every season looks like a failure again.

Ahem.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: February 20, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 20, 2014, 03:54:47 PM

Ahem.

I was referring to AFTER they knock off five World Series in a row from 2016-2020.

2022? Chuck's gonna be a huge bitch again.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: February 20, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
Every time I think Chuck has Chucked the Chuckiest Chuck, he goes and Chucks like this.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: February 20, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »

You mean anything less than a sweep with 4 different Cubs throwing perfect games. Then he'll point out that they were hiding their awful, awful bullpen.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:13 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 20, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

You mean anything less than a sweep with 4 different Cubs throwing perfect games. Then he'll point out that they were hiding their awful, awful bullpen.

Stupid Juan Cruz.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: February 20, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 20, 2014, 04:24:13 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 20, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

Stupid Juan Cruz.

And... scene.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: February 20, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 20, 2014, 03:58:52 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 20, 2014, 03:54:47 PM

Ahem.

I was referring to AFTER they knock off five World Series in a row from 2016-2020.

2022? Chuck's gonna be a huge bitch again.

And that's after they right the Ryno wrong in the 2015-2016 offseason.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: February 25, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 20, 2014, 03:12:27 PM

I was at Game 1 of that NLDS. The place was a library.  It got a little loud when DeRosa homered, then silent when Loney went yard.  We left as Maddux came in to close out the game.  The next night, no one wanted to catch the ball.  When they got to LA, I barely wanted to watch.

Try being at Game 3 in LA.  By the fifth inning, I was doing everything in my power to cover up the Cubs shirt I was wearing.  That I was able to escape the parking lot unscathed still confounds me to this day.

Also, Fuck Manny.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.