News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Phil Emery Is God - The 2014 Bears  ( 21,289 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Phil Emery Is God - The 2014 Bears
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 02, 2014, 03:21:02 PM
Usually meatballs are good and illogical, and I am happy in my avoidance of sports radio, but other than Career Backup McCown, did anyone offer up any options other than Cutler?

DA BEARS JUST NEED TA DRAFT ONE A DEM STARTING QUARTABACKS MY FRENT.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 02, 2014, 03:38:02 PM
Usually meatballs are good and illogical, and I am happy in my avoidance of sports radio, but other than Career Backup McCown, did anyone offer up any options other than Cutler?

DA BEARS JUST NEED TA DRAFT ONE A DEM STARTING QUARTABACKS MY FRENT.

Specifically they need to draft the next greatest quarterback of all time and then five hall of fame linemen to protect him. Then they count their many, many rings, like Indianapolis.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 04:20:05 PM »
This website says Cutler's deal ties him for 6th (with Romo) among NFL QBs in average annual salary.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=QB

That actually seems exactly right to me given that Wilson, Luck and Kaepernick are still on their rookie deals. Throw in RGIII if you believe like I do that Snyder will throw stupid money his way. So, basically a top-10 QB is being paid like one for three years.

Seems really smart.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 02, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
This website says Cutler's deal ties him for 6th (with Romo) among NFL QBs in average annual salary.

That actually seems exactly right to me given that Wilson, Luck and Kaepernick are still on their rookie deals. Throw in RGIII if you believe like I do that Snyder will throw stupid money his way. So, basically a top-10 QB is being paid like one for three years.

Seems really smart.

Roethlisberger needs to fire his agent.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 02, 2014, 04:42:27 PM

Seems really smart.

Allegedly.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »

Seems really smart.

He signed that extension, what, 5 years ago? Sure it was a good deal at the time. Veteran contracts in general have gone up since the the new CBA has made it so you don't have to worry about paying shit to rookies.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 04:52:05 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 02, 2014, 04:48:37 PM

Seems really smart.

Allegedly.

Validated.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 05:03:13 PM »

Seems really smart.

Tied with Rodgers for most guaranteed. Higher percent guaranteed than everyone except Rodgers. Higher total value than any of them.  Sounds like he doesn't finish the deal or that there's some sort of extension to age 42 or 43 about year 3 or 4.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 02, 2014, 05:03:13 PM

Seems really smart.

Tied with Rodgers for most guaranteed. Higher percent guaranteed than everyone except Rodgers. Higher total value than any of them.  Sounds like he doesn't finish the deal or that there's some sort of extension to age 42 or 43 about year 3 or 4.

Ding!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 05:17:35 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 02, 2014, 05:05:43 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 02, 2014, 05:03:13 PM

Seems really smart.

Ding!

It sounds like every other NFL contract, replete with pretend years and pretend money!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

I was a fan of the tank on purpose for Jameis Winston strategy.  Why have an aging Cutler for 3+ years when you can have Cam Newton on steroids for 10?

But three more years of an aging top-15 QB who is inconsistent, throws way too many god-awful picks, can't beat the Packers, is consistently enigmatic in games (look at his career 2nd and 3rd quarter QB rating relative to 1st and 4th), locks into B-Marsh way too frequently and misses other open throws, and has no track record of meaningful success (and a record of crapping the bed in big games, actually) is an unabashedly good thing, when it's entirely possible right now with a porous defense to go the "suck for Luck" route?  (You have to feel for the Colts, going from franchise QB to.... .... ... franchise QB.)

I know we've been starved for good QB play for a long time, but seriously, fans of this are just a bunch of rabidly hungry dogs who will defend their ribeye from Outback like its a porterhouse from Peter Lugar's.  Eating scraps from the dumpster for a year would've been worth it to get Winston.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on January 02, 2014, 06:03:57 PM

I was a fan of the tank on purpose for Jameis Winston strategy.  Why have an aging Cutler for 3+ years when you can have Cam Newton on steroids for 10?

But three more years of an aging top-15 QB who is inconsistent, throws way too many god-awful picks, can't beat the Packers, is consistently enigmatic in games (look at his career 2nd and 3rd quarter QB rating relative to 1st and 4th), locks into B-Marsh way too frequently and misses other open throws, and has no track record of meaningful success (and a record of crapping the bed in big games, actually) is an unabashedly good thing, when it's entirely possible right now with a porous defense to go the "suck for Luck" route?  (You have to feel for the Colts, going from franchise QB to.... .... ... franchise QB.)

I know we've been starved for good QB play for a long time, but seriously, fans of this are just a bunch of rabidly hungry dogs who will defend their ribeye from Outback like its a porterhouse from Peter Lugar's.  Eating scraps from the dumpster for a year would've been worth it to get Winston.

"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »

You're trolling us on purpose, right?  Is that what this is?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 06:23:39 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 02, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

If Cutler was so bad, how come the Bears won 8 games? It seems they had what they needed to "Commit Hari Kari for Jabari" or whatever the fuck. But he accidentally won 5 games.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 02, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

I don't think that people appreciate that Winston will be the best QB drafted since Peyton Manning.  I'd happily suffer through 16 games of Krenzel or Jonathan Quinn if it meant the opportunity to draft him.  I'd buy all 13 opponents' jerseys and wear them on Sunday if it meant the opportunity to draft him.

Maybe the Cubs trade the Rangers for his rights, and get 2/5 of the way to a starting rotation of otherwise would've-been first-round NFL picks.  I could live with that, but whoever wins the Winston draft-lottery is going to be set for a long time at the position.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!