News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fury  ( 1,114 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Fury
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
I've never been in a war, so I have no idea how realistic this film is.  Not very, I suspect.  Without wishing to spoil anything, the final scene stretches credulity in many, many ways and there's a general feeling of the whole thing being a live-action version of a comic-book story, albeit an absolutely brutal and staggeringly bloody comic-book story.  The storyline is very simple, but that's not a bad thing because it allows the five actors in the tank crew to really, really shine.  Pitt does Pitt better than anybody else, and Lerman gives a nicely judged performance as the replacement kid.  Peña and LaBeouf both really show their quality here, too: Peña is rapidly becoming one of my favourite actors and it's easy to forget that LaBoeuf is an utter twat in real life.  I've never seen Jon Bernthal in anything before (I don't watch "The Walking Dead") but he's best of all and almost worth the price of admission by himself: utterly, utterly convincing as an Arkansas hick.

Also, Alicia von Rittberg is fucking lovely.

Good film.  Not great, but good and definitely worth a couple of hours of your time, especially if you like WW2 war movies.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fury
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 21, 2015, 08:36:30 AM
I've never been in a war, so I have no idea how realistic this film is.  Not very, I suspect.  Without wishing to spoil anything, the final scene stretches credulity in many, many ways and there's a general feeling of the whole thing being a live-action version of a comic-book story, albeit an absolutely brutal and staggeringly bloody comic-book story.  The storyline is very simple, but that's not a bad thing because it allows the five actors in the tank crew to really, really shine.  Pitt does Pitt better than anybody else, and Lerman gives a nicely judged performance as the replacement kid.  Peña and LaBeouf both really show their quality here, too: Peña is rapidly becoming one of my favourite actors and it's easy to forget that LaBoeuf is an utter twat in real life.  I've never seen Jon Bernthal in anything before (I don't watch "The Walking Dead") but he's best of all and almost worth the price of admission by himself: utterly, utterly convincing as an Arkansas hick.

Also, Alicia von Rittberg is fucking lovely.

Good film.  Not great, but good and definitely worth a couple of hours of your time, especially if you like WW2 war movies.

You rang?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.