News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your mind is literally blown  ( 29,450 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Your mind is literally blown
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2009, 01:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 25, 2009, 01:13:47 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 25, 2009, 01:04:19 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 25, 2009, 12:50:39 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 25, 2009, 12:47:25 PM
I don't think I've ever realized until today that so many people in this world think that people making personal choices is actually a process of life.

I don't think I'd realized until today how many people on this messageboard were capable of writing sentences that, while technically grammatically correct, don't make a lick of sense.

If it's that hard to understand, maybe my assessment of your intelligence, which I thought was very high, was wrong.  I would suggest actually moving away from the notion of "It's Yeti and I disagree with his radical viewpoint, therefore, none of it can make sense."

Okay.

I'll bite.

Please explain what it would mean to "think that people making personal choices is actually a process of life" and who you feel thinks this.

Quote from: IrishYeti on February 25, 2009, 01:04:19 PM
Your plumbing around your house? Protecting the city's pipelines from people drilling into them and breaking them would fall under the idea of protecting the infrastructure of the city.

Municipal sanitation is not about protecting public health?

Well, if that's not a humdinger.

Ok. So I looked back and noticed that the sentence *should* have been "I don't think I've ever realized until today that so many people in this world *don't* think that making personal choices is actually a process of life.

My apologies. I thought I included that word but apparently I didn't.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2009, 01:21:05 PM
Quote from: Slakee on February 25, 2009, 01:19:40 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 25, 2009, 01:17:31 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2009, 01:16:41 PM
This thread is more tired than Fork's jokes.

Someone bring some tits up in this bitch.

Fork's jokes are as reliable as Jon at a dick farm. Oh, and he's sucking dicks there. At the dick farm.

In a world of uncertainty, you should kiss my fucking ass for the stability I provide, kid.

Don't I?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on February 25, 2009, 02:05:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2009, 01:21:05 PM
Quote from: Slakee on February 25, 2009, 01:19:40 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 25, 2009, 01:17:31 PM
This thread is more tired than Fork's jokes.

Fork's jokes are as reliable as Jon at a dick farm. Oh, and he's sucking dicks there. At the dick farm.

In a world of uncertainty, you should kiss my fucking ass for the stability I provide, kid.

Don't I?

Not enough. I want chapping back there, goddamnit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2009, 02:26:20 PM »
While we discuss marijuana legalization, smoking ordinances, plumbing codes, alcohol controls and other things that help push us towards a nanny-state rest assured that the beloved political apparatus that many of our President's foot soldiers helped put into place are right now debating a much-needed ban on aluminum bats within the city.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2009, 02:28:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 25, 2009, 02:26:20 PM
While we discuss marijuana legalization, smoking ordinances, plumbing codes, alcohol controls and other things that help push us towards a nanny-state rest assured that the beloved political apparatus that many of our President's foot soldiers helped put into place are right now debating a much-needed ban on aluminum bats within the city.

Quote"There's no data that shows an aluminum bat is any more dangerous than a wooden bat," Beale added.

That seems incorrect.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2009, 02:30:21 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 25, 2009, 02:28:39 PM

Quote"There's no data that shows an aluminum bat is any more dangerous than a wooden bat," Beale added.

That seems incorrect.

Anyone know any legal-minded bloggers with opinions on oak bats?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »

Intrepid Reader:  Powen

If you can't git 'er done with a Louisville Slugger, you're a pussy.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 25, 2009, 02:30:21 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 25, 2009, 02:28:39 PM

That seems incorrect.

Anyone know any legal-minded bloggers with opinions on oak bats?

I DO!

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2009, 03:53:13 PM »
It is as simple as this:  By ending prosecution, we would see all those funds labeled under "expense" move under the "balance" label.  Instead of hemorrhaging cash, we'd be keeping it.  On top of that, legalization would give us one of our highest yielding natural resources.  That multiplies the profits you rake from not prosecuting it. 

It really seems elementary on paper.  Now, if somebody would just roll that paper, then we would be set.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »
Joe Biden likes where this thread started...
"This is a monumental project, but it's doable...It's about getting the money out in 18 months, to literally dropkick us out of this recession."

Well, with all due respect to old Joe, I think Barack has the wrong guy as his "Recovery Czar."  The right guy was just what Washington needed back on January 3, 1987.

By the way, all those that mocked me for suggesting that the Cubs would beat the Dodgers back in October, who's laughing now?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 25, 2009, 04:43:08 PM
Joe Biden likes where this thread started...
"This is a monumental project, but it's doable...It's about getting the money out in 18 months, to literally dropkick us out of this recession."

Well, with all due respect to old Joe, I think Barack has the wrong guy as his "Recovery Czar."  The right guy was just what Washington needed back on January 3, 1987.

By the way, all those that mocked me for suggesting that the Cubs would beat the Dodgers back in October, who's laughing now?

You're forgetting John Bulldog Drummond's postgame from that abortion of a Bears game (which I, sadly, attended).
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2009, 07:18:19 PM »
This thread sucks more than JOn at a dick farm.

Couldn't do this at work earlier today...

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 25, 2009, 11:49:09 AM
I might be wrong, and please correct me if I am (I know Tank will have no problem doing so), but my feeling is that where those stand on the War on Drugs has little correlation with party affiliation.

I don't smoke cigarettes but I think it's a little outlandish to ban smoking in restaurants and bars owned by private individuals. I think it's a lot outlandish to ban smoking in outdoor areas, like stadia. I don't see how pot should be any different.

Then again, I think people should pay for their own health care. Thus, other people's decisions to smoke shouldn't cost me money.

I think anybody who smokes anything in an eatery should have his lungs ripped out through his anus and fed to him. What party am I in?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59:33 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 25, 2009, 05:31:05 PM
I think they came back to Drummond, who had to emphasize that his hat was a Minnesota Gophers hat, not a Redskins hat. Great stuff though

A few related videos might be something Forklift would be interested in.

I'm sure that Mike D. and Apex would surely urge Forklift to watch these videos to their conclusion.

Not much other football played during the 1987 calendar year was worth a damn however.

Watching Walter Payton get knocked down harder than shit, get up before his tackler does and look back at the dude on the way to the huddle... almost as good as boobs.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.