News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,674 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2010, 04:35:02 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 13, 2010, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2010, 03:42:34 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

You think Starlin would be proud of what we've done with his sploogefest?

Starlin is probably wondering who the hooplehead is who brought Blagojevich into his thread.

I just knew it would get buttocks a chafin'. Lo and behold.

Guys from small towns are hayseeds who like shirts with white guys numbers on them. Guys from the city are meatballs who voted Blago all the way. Guys from the suburbs wear sweatervests and drive minivans. It's not complicated. It makes for a speedy Friday at the office. There's a whole thing of Bacitracin in the medicine cabinet if anybody needs it. And I'm an annoying jerk who doesn't make sense. It's all good.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 13, 2010, 05:00:27 PM

Starlin is probably wondering who the hooplehead is who brought Blagojevich into his thread.

Guys from small towns are hayseeds who like shirts with white guys numbers on them.
Guys from the city are meatballs who voted Blago all the way. Guys from the suburbs wear sweatervests and drive minivans. It's not complicated. It makes for a speedy Friday at the office. There's a whole thing of Bacitracin in the medicine cabinet if anybody needs it. And I'm an annoying jerk who doesn't make sense. It's all good.

Fuku and Sosa in my closet, homie.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on August 13, 2010, 05:12:19 PM

Guys from small towns are hayseeds who like shirts with white guys numbers on them.
Guys from the city are meatballs who voted Blago all the way. Guys from the suburbs wear sweatervests and drive minivans. It's not complicated. It makes for a speedy Friday at the office. There's a whole thing of Bacitracin in the medicine cabinet if anybody needs it. And I'm an annoying jerk who doesn't make sense. It's all good.

Way to buck the system, bro shot.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club

Korean is the new white?  Says the lone guy admitting he bought a Choi Jersey.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BBM on August 13, 2010, 06:28:10 PM

Korean is the new white?  Says the lone guy admitting he bought a Choi Jersey.

BEARS RADIOOOOOOOOooo WBBM

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 13, 2010, 05:32:57 PM
Quote from: Yeti on August 13, 2010, 05:12:19 PM

Way to buck the system, bro shot.

<-----------------RE. BEL.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bump for the man that Pat and Ron told me is about to become eligible for the race for the batting title.

Castro: .316

Joey Votto (current NL leader): .323.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 23, 2010, 09:57:55 PM
Bump for the man that Pat and Ron told me is about to become eligible for the race for the batting title.

Castro: .316

Joey Votto (current NL leader): .323.

Sure, let him hit .318 this year, win a couple batting titles, then we'll see.

Still fucking pissed off about Madlock being dealt for that shitbag Bobby Murcer
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread
« Reply #353 on: September 05, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
QuoteCHICAGO -- In the eighth inning Saturday, the Cubs had runners on first and second and none out against the Mets, and rookie Starlin Castro was at the plate.
Castro is the Cubs' hottest hitter, ranked third in the National League in batting with a .321 average. But manager Mike Quade signaled for a bunt.

Castro did, and was successful. The runs didn't score, but the Cubs held on to win. When Quade saw his brother later Saturday night, he asked why he called for a bunt. A few fans asked as well.

"It was a teaching moment," Quade said.

Sometimes fans -- and manager's brothers, too -- have to remember Castro is 20 and skipped the Triple-A level.

It's important to teach youngsters the Cubs' long tradition of not scoring runs.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread
« Reply #354 on: September 05, 2010, 02:38:24 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on September 05, 2010, 02:25:30 PM
QuoteCHICAGO -- In the eighth inning Saturday, the Cubs had runners on first and second and none out against the Mets, and rookie Starlin Castro was at the plate.
Castro is the Cubs' hottest hitter, ranked third in the National League in batting with a .321 average. But manager Mike Quade signaled for a bunt.

Castro did, and was successful. The runs didn't score, but the Cubs held on to win. When Quade saw his brother later Saturday night, he asked why he called for a bunt. A few fans asked as well.

Sometimes fans -- and manager's brothers, too -- have to remember Castro is 20 and skipped the Triple-A level.

It's important to teach youngsters the Cubs' long tradition of not scoring runs.

Christ, who wrote that, Dave van Dyck?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: September 05, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »
FUCKING BUNTS AND FUCKING "TEACHING MOMENTS"... FUCK

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: September 05, 2010, 07:21:16 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 05, 2010, 02:51:48 PM

Did you intentionally wait until they were 304 games out of first place to blow your top?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: September 05, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 05, 2010, 02:38:24 PM

I'm just wondering what Quade's rules are for who is "established" enough to swing the bat in that situation and who isn't.

Quote"The more you see me, I'm not a bunt guy. When I got home last night my brother asked me and looked at me and said, 'Bunt him?' I said it was a teachable moment. I wanted him to give himself up, not to mention we had some pretty hot hitters behind him."

If Castro were an established player?

"He would have hit,"
Mike said. "In the minor leagues, you get players like him and you never bunt."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2010, 12:06:58 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 05, 2010, 10:29:18 PM
Quote from: CT III on September 05, 2010, 02:38:24 PM

I'm just wondering what Quade's rules are for who is "established" enough to swing the bat in that situation and who isn't.

Quote"The more you see me, I'm not a bunt guy. When I got home last night my brother asked me and looked at me and said, 'Bunt him?' I said it was a teachable moment. I wanted him to give himself up, not to mention we had some pretty hot hitters behind him."

If Castro were an established player?

"He would have hit,"
Mike said. "In the minor leagues, you get players like him and you never bunt."

Sweet, Mike Quade may be insane.  In which case I'm okay with this.

Or, he realized in hindsight it was a stupid thing to do and now he's doing his best to publically justify it since he's, you know, auditioning for a job next year.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 05, 2010, 07:21:16 PM
Quote from: Yeti on September 05, 2010, 02:51:48 PM

Did you intentionally wait until they were 304 games out of first place to blow your top?

Yea, my bad. Bad day and it seemed like a good time to show my displeasure